Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Enabling and helping are two different things.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-07-2016, 11:50 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 11:44 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Their parents are responsible. Regardless of income.

BG, there are a shit ton of parents that just don't give a shit. Surely you're aware of that. They won't help themselves let alone their kids. Why are you so obstinate about this? Good for you for all that you've accomplished with your kids but it's not like that for everyone.
"Planned Parenthood, because some parents just don't give a shit about their kids." hah

I used PP as a teenager. I knew two things, I wasn't going to discuss being sexually active with my Mom *cringe* and that I wouldn't be able to accomplish what I wanted if I were saddled with a kid. I wanted to finish my education and then get the hell out of that one horse town.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-07-2016, 11:59 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: "Planned Parenthood, because some parents just don't give a shit about their kids." hah

What amuses you about that?
(04-07-2016, 11:46 AM)Donovan Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 11:43 AM)Maggot Wrote: I beginning to think donut is on to something here. I guess its fine to let the ghetto go right ahead and kill their unborn and each other for a bit. PP will be right at home there.

So ghetto children lives are slightly less sanctified than regular (coughcough*white*) ones? Starting to really wear that screen name well, maggot.

I'm not the one wanting their children eliminated for lack of common sense or culpability.
(04-07-2016, 11:08 AM)sally Wrote: I don't know of any kids that get there sex education or condoms from PP, I don't think most teenagers would even know what the fuck planned parenthood is if you asked them. In fact I just asked my son out of curiosity and he said he never fucking heard of it, but yet I've seen condoms in his drawer while looking for my phone charger that keeps disappearing.

It's a really easy concept, you just tell your kids that they better use a condom unless they want stds, a baby or both. End of conversation and hopefully they take your advice.

Since my ex couldn't be bothered with anything serious like the sex talk I had to do it myself with my sons.
What you wrote is almost word for word what I said to them. I think the conversation lasted maybe a minute. I might have thrown in something like " I swear to god if you make me a g-ma before I turn 45 there will be hell to pay"

It seemed to work except the first one came along 1 week before I turned 45, but she was premature, so...
I don't want to debate abortion again; just jumping in on abortion as it relates to politics.

I think evangelicals and conservative Republican politicians have done a good job distorting what it is that Planned Parenthood does in order to paint the organization as evil for providing abortions.

A lot of people still believe that the government funds (PP) abortions, which it does not. The government doesn't fund elective abortions, period. Still, conservative Republican politicians and evangelical leaders consider it a victory to defund all of the great services PP provides because they disagree with the law allowing for privately-funded abortions on moral grounds.

Just to clarify again...........PP does much more than provide contraception and birth control. It provides millions of cervical cancer screens, provides prenatal care to its pregnant patients, and helps to test and treat sexually transmitted disease for millions of people of all ages and backgrounds, many in urban and/or low-income areas.

[Image: ppfa_spending.png]
Anyway, I think it would be a big step backwards to ban abortion in the U.S.

Roe vs. Wade is fair, it leaves a lot to the states, and it will stand up over time. But, I hope that the next Supreme Court justice isn't nominated by Ted Cruz, who is an extremist on the issue and has flat out said that he wouldn't appoint anyone who didn't share his pro-life views.

I don't really object to a nationwide 20 week cut-off for abortions (with medical exceptions) though. Effective contraception is on the rise. Unplanned pregnancies and abortions are declining. 89% of abortions occur in the first trimester and only 1.2% occur after week 20 anyway... Ref: https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/in...Also8P8HAQ

I think the Republican leaders put a much higher priority on the abortion issue than does the general population, including many in the Republican party and especially women.

When Donald Trump said in one of the earlier debates that just because he no longer supports a woman's right to choose abortion, doesn't mean he doesn't acknowledge all the great services PP provides, I hoped he'd buck the establishment Republican mold and stop the "defund PP" crap which I believe hurts the party and the public. Unfortunately, he ended up lining up with the establishment on the issue instead. Too bad.
(04-07-2016, 12:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 11:59 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: "Planned Parenthood, because some parents just don't give a shit about their kids." hah

You have completely forgotten that I fully support PP haven't you? MY point is that PP is not the "only way poor kids can get the info they need." Then Dono spun off into free condoms and all the rest of his cranial diarrhea/liberal meltdown. So to define what I think is funny about the "Planned Parenthood, because some parents just don't give a shit about their kids" attitude, it contradicts the idea of "Planned Parenthood" don't you think?
(04-07-2016, 11:48 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 11:43 AM)Maggot Wrote: I beginning to think donut is on to something here. I guess its fine to let the ghetto go right ahead and kill their unborn and each other for a bit. PP will be right at home there.

So ghetto children lives are slightly less sanctified than regular (coughcough*white*) ones? Starting to really wear that screen name well, maggot.
How many black kids were adopted into your family Mr. righteous bleeding heart?
Couldn't help but notice this was completely ignored. Some folks love to talk the talk, but few can walk the walk.
Bernie kinda fucked up yesterday by straight up calling Hillary Clinton "unqualified for president" due to the sources behind some of her PAC campaign donations and her previous support of the Iraq war.

This was after Clinton jumped on the bad press Bernie got from the NYDN interview, laughed at some of what he said and didn't say, accused him of not supporting gun violence victims because he doesn't support victims suing manufacturers... She's also questioned whether he's qualified to represent the Democratic party since he was an Independent for so long. BUT, she only insinuated that he's not qualified over and over and over, and then yesterday said she's only saying she's better qualified and it's the people's choice.

+1 for Hillary -- I think she out-played him yesterday and I hope he backs off the "she's not qualified!" reaction and regroups. Clinton's weakness is not lack of qualifications.
(04-07-2016, 12:02 PM)Maggot Wrote:

I'm not the one wanting their children eliminated for lack of common sense or culpability.
You're not the one having to choose either.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(04-07-2016, 12:53 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

You have completely forgotten that I fully support PP haven't you? MY point is that PP is not the "only way poor kids can get the info they need." Then Dono spun off into free condoms and all the rest of his cranial diarrhea/liberal meltdown. So to define what I think is funny about the "Planned Parenthood, because some parents just don't give a shit about their kids" attitude, it contradicts the idea of "Planned Parenthood" don't you think?

Was that before or after you spun off your entire argument into "Well I'm the perfect dad so everyone else is too or should be just like me.". I can honestly say, nothing remotely cranial about THAT.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
You certainly have a need to get the last word in there donut. Maybe you should start an abortion thread. Or just find an old one and bring it out of the ashes like a Phoenix.
You know why they put the PP's in the ghetto, because they multiply over there faster than the Asians over there in the Orient. Those people are oversexed, it's a fact.
Another thing is with them damn muslims. I'm saving up pig's blood to throw on them. They'll run like vampires hit with garlic.
Just make sure to keep the pigsblood away from your possessed candles.

Wouldn't want an accidental seance going off.
(04-07-2016, 11:04 PM)sally Wrote: You know why they put the PP's in the ghetto

My PP was in the basement of the Presbyterian church. I think we didn't have ghettos up there because we didn't have any blacks and my theory on that is we didn't have them because it's so cold & snowy for 8, maybe 9, months of the year.
(04-07-2016, 09:57 PM)Maggot Wrote: You certainly have a need to get the last word in there donut. Maybe you should start an abortion thread. Or just find an old one and bring it out of the ashes like a Phoenix.
Yeah, it almost deserves it's own thread doesn't it? Wait... yeah. hah
(04-07-2016, 08:57 PM)Donovan Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 12:53 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Was that before or after you spun off your entire argument into "Well I'm the perfect dad so everyone else is too or should be just like me.". I can honestly say, nothing remotely cranial about THAT.
Still dodging the question Mr. Bleeding heart.