Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(04-30-2016, 09:20 PM)Donovan Wrote: You shouldn't be buzzed anyway. Marijuana is illegal in your state and in your world illegal is illegal hahBlowing-kisses

Love how you softened the blow with laughter & kisses when it could have been so much worse.

I know I got off easy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-28-2016, 11:16 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: All of these fuckers are going to be in the Fort the next few days. Cruz and Bernie are here now. Bill will be here this weekend, and I believe Trump also. Kasich doesn't give a shit about IN so we can get some relief from that a-hole...but then again...no one ever gave a shit about IN till this election.

The projections for Indiana have gone back and forth in favor of Trump and Cruz over the last couple of days, but I read this morning that Trump seems to be pulling far ahead as Tuesday approaches.

This election is unique for us in California too. California has the most delegates, but since our primaries are in June, after candidates typically have already secured a majority, we don't usually figure much into the campaigning either. This election is a different story. And, it looks like there's a fair possibility that story could end with California being the state that secures Trump the earned delegates required to be the Republican nominee without a contested convention. Smiley_emoticons_slash

P.s. Go Pacers!
(05-01-2016, 04:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 09:20 PM)Donovan Wrote: You shouldn't be buzzed anyway. Marijuana is illegal in your state and in your world illegal is illegal hahBlowing-kisses

Love how you softened the blow with laughter & kisses when it could have been so much worse.

I know I got off easy.

That's cuz I love you and you're too adorable to be mean to. I get a little ranty sometimes, I have to remember to check myself when I'm feeling cranky and curmudgeonly.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-01-2016, 12:24 AM)Donovan Wrote: There's the irony of the conservative argument, that the poor immigrants are some huge drain on resources and cheat on taxes, when the largest welfare frauds and tax evaders are our very own corporations and wealthiest citizens. To the tune of billions of dollars. And nobody bats an eye because we've all been sold this fairy tale of the invading hordes while our very own leaders are robbing us blind. I'm not saying there is no enemy. I'm just saying it's not the guys you think it is. There is a real reason our country is the mess it is, but it ain't the people scraping by on pennies washing dishes and picking fruit.
That's because nobody is tracking the illegal alien tax evaders and welfare sponges. You know... BECAUSE THEY'RE ILLEGAL and they fly under the radar. hah Include all of the variables and outliers with your data and then get back to me with real statistics.
I think illegal immigrants who work hard and aren't criminals should be given a path to citizenship or at least legalization, and immigration laws should be better and more consistently enforced moving forward.

In any case, the illegal immigrants here already pay all kinds of taxes, including sales tax, property tax, social security... The U.S. Social Security Administration estimated that in 2013 undocumented immigrants—and their employers—paid $13 billion in payroll taxes alone for benefits they will never get. They can receive schooling and emergency medical care, but not welfare or food stamps.
(05-02-2016, 12:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: In any event, the illegal immigrants here already pay all kinds of taxes, including sales tax, property tax, social security... The U.S. Social Security Administration estimated that in 2013 undocumented immigrants—and their employers—paid $13 billion in payroll taxes alone for benefits they will never get. They can receive schooling and emergency medical care, but not welfare or food stamps.

I never knew this! I've always thought that if one were an illegal they worked under the table. Knowing this makes a difference to me and I agree with your statement regarding giving them a path to citizenship or at least legalization.
(05-02-2016, 12:26 PM)Duchess Wrote: I never knew this! I've always thought that if one were an illegal they worked under the table. Knowing this makes a difference to me and I agree with your statement regarding giving them a path to citizenship or at least legalization.[/i][/size]

Here's a little about how it works and how much illegal immigrants pay into Social Security alone. https://news.vice.com/article/unauthoriz...ast-decade
(05-02-2016, 12:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Here's a little about how it works and how much illegal immigrants pay into Social Security alone. https://news.vice.com/article/unauthoriz...ast-decade

Thank you, I just read it. That is a serious amount of money they are paying with really no hope of getting it back, the government simply gets to keep it, right? It seems to me that the government would like that kind of thing. Hmmm, interesting.
(05-02-2016, 12:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 12:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Here's a little about how it works and how much illegal immigrants pay into Social Security alone. https://news.vice.com/article/unauthoriz...ast-decade

Thank you, I just read it. That is a serious amount of money they are paying with really no hope of getting it back, the government simply gets to keep it, right? It seems to me that the government would like that kind of thing. Hmmm, interesting.

well yeah..........hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Social Security is a pool. So, legal workers get SS benefits paid for, in part, by illegal workers.
(05-02-2016, 12:57 PM)Maggot Wrote: well yeah..........hah

In my mind that explains why they are never in that big a hurry to get anything done regarding immigration. That's a pretty good gig they've got going on, why fix something that's not broken.
(05-02-2016, 12:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think illegal immigrants who work hard and aren't criminals should be given a path to citizenship or at least legalization, and immigration laws should be better and more consistently enforced moving forward.

In any case, the illegal immigrants here already pay all kinds of taxes, including sales tax, property tax, social security... The U.S. Social Security Administration estimated that in 2013 undocumented immigrants—and their employers—paid $13 billion in payroll taxes alone for benefits they will never get. They can receive schooling and emergency medical care, but not welfare or food stamps.

I agree that illegals should be able to gain citizenship faster. Its a long process but giving them a pass is not the way to go.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

It's not going to be available for many that are citizens and pay into it now so IMO that argument is a wash.
(05-02-2016, 12:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 12:57 PM)Maggot Wrote: well yeah..........hah

In my mind that explains why they are never in that big a hurry to get anything done regarding immigration. That's a pretty good gig they've got going on, why fix something that's not broken.

I think I posted this article in one of the Immigration threads some time back, but it breaks down the various taxes paid by illegal immigrants.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/eco...ion-myths/

I don't know how much the tax revenue generated by illegal immigrants plays into immigration reform, if at all. Aside from Social Security, illegal immigrants also benefit from the taxes they pay.

But, one thing that I think lawmakers are probably mindful about is how so many agricultural and other industries rely on illegal workers to stay afloat. There are a lot of stories about employers who offered fair/good wages and benefits and still couldn't get Americans to take the jobs.
Ted Cruz...Alien Serial Killer?

Some knuckleheads across the internet have started a "Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer" campaign.

[Image: Cruz-Zodiac.jpg]

Well, Heidi Cruz set the record straight alright. She told reporters that's just garbage.

She's been married to Ted for over 15 years, so she'd know, right?

Well............she also claimed last week that Ted, "is an immigrant, he's Hispanic, he can unite the party".

Pretty dumb slip up, considering Trump's birther campaign and legal challenges regarding Cruz's eligibility to be president. Cruz's campaign has issued a statement explaining that Heidi meant to say, "Ted is the son of an immigrant".

Cruz was born in Canada, but his mother was a U.S. citizen and he is not an immigrant (though whether or not he's a 'natural born citizen' is still the subject of debate for some).
(05-02-2016, 06:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Ted Cruz...Alien Serial Killer?

Some knuckleheads across the internet have started a "Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer" campaign.

[Image: Cruz-Zodiac.jpg]

Well, Heidi Cruz set the record straight alright. She told reporters that's just garbage.

She's been married to Ted for over 15 years, so she'd know, right?

Well............she also claimed last week that Ted, "is an immigrant, he's Hispanic, he can unite the party".

Pretty dumb slip up, considering Trump's birther campaign and legal challenges regarding Cruz's eligibility to be president. Cruz's campaign has issued a statement explaining that Heidi meant to say, "Ted is the son of an immigrant".

Cruz was born in Canada, but his mother was a U.S. citizen and he is not an immigrant (though whether or not he's a 'natural born citizen' is still the subject of debate for some).
Ted Cruz was born 2 years after the Zodiac killer killed his first victim.
I know Gunnar. I don't think the knuckleheads are serious.
Indiana

DEMOCRATS
The Democratic race between Clinton and Sanders is expected to be a close one, with 83 pledged delegates at stake.

Clinton already has 91% of the earned/pledged delegates required to win the nomination; Sanders acknowldeges that his ability to overtake her is slim to none. But, Bernie is still pledging to stay in the race to push his platform onto the Democratic party and says it's still possible to steal some of Clinton's Super Delegates and wind up beating her with their votes at a contested convention. I don't think so, but it will be amazing if it really goes down that way.

REPUBLICANS
There are 57 earned/pledged delegates for the Republican candidates, with a winner-take-all possibility with a high enough statewide lead.

Trump has 81% of the earned/pledged delegates required to win the nomination at this point. He's leading Cruz in Indiana in all the latest polls. If Trump gets all 57 delegates today, it will make it easier to secure the balance of delegates he needs from those available in the California June 7th primary. I agree with FAHQTOO, Cruz needs Indiana badly.

Ref: http://www.npr.org/2016/05/03/476541566/...na-primary
And the weirdness on the GOP side continues: Trump called into FOX this morning and accused Ted Cruz's father of ties to Lee Harvey Oswald and involvement in the John F. Kennedy assassination (in line with a National Enquirer piece, based on no evidence whatsoever). Mr. Cruz says the allegation is absolutely false.

Effin' Trump. His ally Roger Stone is accusing Hillary Clinton of involvement in a murder plot against JFK Jr. Now his ally David Pecker of the National Enquirer and he are accusing Cruz's dad of having a hand in JFK's assassination. Total idiocy, and still there are plenty of people who actually believe such shit.

Cruz took to the mic this morning and declared Donald Trump a pathological liar, a narcissist, and an immoral philanderer who bragged about his VD (the clip of Trump discussing it with Howard Stern 20 years ago is making the rounds now).
Well, fuckface won Indiana.