Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Cruz just dropped out of the race.
Fuck yeah Respect-applause
Looks like Bernie beat Hillary in Indiana, by about 5%.

Still, that means Bernie will get about 21 delegates and Hillary will get about 18.

Sanders is about 300 earned/pledged delegates behind Clinton, so a net +3 doesn't really do much for him aside from being morale-boosting and possibly increasing his influence.

Is the Republican party responsible for the rise of Donald Trump?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-04-2016, 05:16 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Is the Republican party responsible for the rise of Donald Trump?

I think the Democratic party is. They woke up the silent majority.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It's time for the Trump haters to get their heads outta the sand. For ten months no one thought he would get this far, including me. There's a YUGE chance he could be our next president. He will be relentless with Hillary and she can't handle it. IMO...I think he will be our next POTUS.
Well, I'll say two good things about Trump.

1. He made sure Ted Cruz isn't our next president.
2. He successfully reorganized his campaign team quickly and effectively; credit where due.

Kasich says he's staying in the race until/unless someone reaches 1,237; seems he's still aiming to win at a contested convention.

The final vote count confirmed that Bernie did beat Hillary in Indiana last night. He got 6 more delegates than Clinton for the entire state, 43 to 37.

I have no idea if Trump will be our next President, but I'm not counting him out. I think Trump's gotta start moving center from some of his extreme views and claims and put some details around his generalities in order to expand his support beyond primarily disgruntled Republican males. The not-so-silent majority of the general public polled would not vote for him now, but there are still 6 months for him to play with and people don't seem to hold Trump to the same standards as they do other politicians anyway. And, Hillary's somehow gotta manage to get the majority of Bernie's voters to the polls while moving out of the left corner he's danced her into and closer to the middle.

The two candidates with the highest unfavorable general public ratings ever. If that's what it boils down to, it's gonna be interesting.
They both know the majority of American suffer from AML or acute memory loss on a number of things. The summer heat will sort this all out.
I don't think the summer heat will have much to do with where things go from here.

But, naturally, it'll all play out and get sorted out in the sense that someone will win and someone will lose in November.

In the meantime, I'm interested to see what Sanders and Kasich do over the next several weeks leading to the conventions.
Kasish is next, the GOP has been paying his way and will get sick of that real fast. Besides there is no honor amongst thieves on either side of the wagon.
He just dropped out too.
Bernie is next arms all a flutter.
I think Kasich"s announcement tonight will probably be a suspension of his campaign. If so, I wonder if he'll encourage his supporters to get behind Trump. I doubt it. I think he'll be one who simply encourages people to vote against Hillary Clinton instead. Who knows though - he could end up standing next to Carson and Christie on the Trump stump.

I'm really curious to see if Bernie gets all the way behind Clinton and rallies his supporters to do the same.

Bernie needs 983 delegates unless I'm looking at an outdated list. Hillary needs 181.
(05-04-2016, 12:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: he could end up standing next to Carson and Christie on the Trump stump.

I don't like it when they do that, not one little bit and it has nothing to do with personalities, it has to do with everything that came before that. It's sickening to me the way they spend months denigrating someone only to then stand side by side in support.
(05-04-2016, 12:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Bernie needs 983 delegates unless I'm looking at an outdated list. Hillary needs 181.

That looks about right, with Super Delegates. I don't look at Super Delegates. They're not earned or pledged and are free to vote for any candidate at the first convention ballot. They've never voted against the popular vote.

Without them, Hillary is still ahead of Bernie by about 300 delegates. Bernie can only win if he wallops Clinton in all the remaining states, closes her lead to a sliver or surpasses her, and converts her Super Delegates to his side before and at the convention.
(05-04-2016, 12:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 12:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: he could end up standing next to Carson and Christie on the Trump stump.

I don't like it when they do that, not one little bit and it has nothing to do with personalities, it has to do with everything that came before that. It's sickening to me the way they spend months denigrating someone only to then stand side by side in support.

Do you think because it's Hillary doing it that I will have a different opinion?
(05-04-2016, 01:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you think because it's Hillary doing it that I will have a different opinion?
hah They all do it. Regardless of your opinion. Hilary threw plenty of poo at the POTUS then wiped it off his face and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
It's amazing the differences between a presidential election here and in other countries. Maybe its because I see it everyday. Here it seems so long and drawn out.