Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(05-11-2016, 07:17 PM)username Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 05:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Also, Trump announced today that he's not going to release his tax returns after all. If he doesn't, he will be the first presidential candidate in 40 years to refuse.

Whoa. That's fucking ballsy coming from birther boy. I don't think that's going to go over well at.all.

Trump said later in the day that he might release some tax returns before November, but he might not.

The IRS says he's free to release returns during an audit, which is what Nixon did. But, Trump says the audit is the reason he hasn't released them and can't commit to doing so before the election. That doesn't address why he hasn't released any previous year's returns.

Trump told the AP that voters aren't interested in his tax returns anyway. I think some of his ardent followers won't care at all if his tax returns don't match up to his claims about his income, charitable contributions, etc... But, a lot of voters probably do care.

Anyway, Trump pushed for Romney to release his tax returns in 2012, which he did. Romney is pointing the finger back at Trump now and claiming that if Trump refuses to release any returns, he should be disqualified. Hillary jumped all over the issue today too. She reminded her supporters how she's released 33 years of tax returns, 8 of which are posted on her website.
Its not like he was asked for his college transcripts or anything. I'm sure he will set his tax results free before November. He may get in on the new Clinton documentary showing at Cannes though, I believe its getting released in the U.S. right before the Democratic convention. Lots of fodder there.
I don't doubt that Hillary has some anti-Trump ammo stashed someplace though, maybe in an e-mail or computer PDF.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Why do you think Trump wouldn't have already released some returns, as he pushed Romney to do last election, and won't commit to releasing any before the election?
(05-11-2016, 09:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Why do you think Trump wouldn't have already released some returns, as he pushed Romney to do last election, and won't commit to releasing any before the election?

There could be a ton of dirt in there. I can't speak for the general population but the longer he allows this to go on, the more suspicious I will get. If he doesn't have anything that can't be explained away, I'd expect him to release them within a couple of weeks given the mounting pressure he's going to face. If he doesn't...thou doth protest too much. He's guilty until proven innocent (to me).

What a fucking hypocrite btw. Sheesh.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-11-2016, 09:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Why do you think Trump wouldn't have already released some returns, as he pushed Romney to do last election, and won't commit to releasing any before the election?

He doesn't have to its not a prerequisite to becoming president. Romney didn't have to either.

Today he meets with Paul Ryan. I look forward to reading about that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-12-2016, 05:58 AM)Maggot Wrote:

He doesn't have to its not a prerequisite to becoming president. Romney didn't have to either.

That's true; it's not a formal or legal requirement.

But, it is a 40-year tradition which Trump has loudly encouraged previous/other presidential candidates to quickly adhere-to. In fact, he's gone well beyond tax returns when it comes to pushing for public disclosure of personal records, records which are neither required nor traditionally released.

So..............it's hypocritical of him not to commit to releasing any tax returns before the election. They're useful in the vetting process, and Trump's been all over the importance of 'vetting' when it comes to OTHER candidates and sitting presidents.
(05-12-2016, 06:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Today he meets with Paul Ryan. I look forward to reading about that.

If Ryan comes out of the meeting with Trump not endorsing him, Trump should turn to him and say "you're fired"

hah Yeah, I read the article.
(05-12-2016, 10:30 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 05:58 AM)Maggot Wrote:

That's true; it's not a formal or legal requirement.

But, it is a 40-year tradition which Trump has loudly encouraged previous/other presidential candidates to quickly adhere-to. In fact, he's gone well beyond tax returns when it comes to pushing for public disclosure of personal records, records which are neither required nor traditionally released.

So..............it's hypocritical of him not to commit to releasing any tax returns before the election. They're useful in the vetting process, and Trump's been all over the importance of 'vetting' when it comes to OTHER candidates and sitting presidents.

Yeah..........well so is the official turkey pardon every November.
Although I know the numbers support Hillary, I get the sense that she should be focusing a little more on Bernie. I've read that number wise it's virtually impossible for him to catch up but he's building a VERY large following among the young, those who want more and more governmental assistance, free college....

I get it...if I were a kid nearing college or graduation, it all sounds fine and dandy...who cares about the debt/deficit?

I could see him taking California fo' shizzle if she doesn't do some more campaigning against him or just get out her voters.

Scares me. Smiley_emoticons_shocked
Commando Cunt Queen

Yesterday I was reading about Trump's people reaching out to Lindsey Graham and others in Washington, Trump wants to talk to these people and Lindsey readily admitted calling fuckface after being asked to do so. This morning I read Donald's tweets from yesterday. This is one of them - Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago
Senator Lindsey Graham called me yesterday, very much to my surprise, and we had a very interesting talk about national security, and more!

Lying cocksucka. Surprised my ass. Why isn't he being called out on his daily lies and constant backpedaling or even about the way he contradicts himself, often in the space of just a few minutes? He's now begun to change his tune on many of the things he was telling his supporters throughout the primaries. hah
(05-13-2016, 05:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:
Why isn't he being called out on his daily lies and constant backpedaling or even about the way he contradicts himself, often in the space of just a few minutes? He's now begun to change his tune on many of the things he was telling his supporters throughout the primaries. hah

I see some media outlets covering the flip flops and contradictions, along with Trump's questionable business endeavors.

But, Trump's supporters don't seem to care about any of that blatant inconsistency and rhetoric. He's not held to the same presidential standard as other candidates by his supporters. I think the majority of the general population still care about who's leading and representing our country and won't be voting for The Donald though.

Anyway, reaching out to Republican leaders is a good move by Trump, in my opinion. He will need them to make a credible run and will really need them if he wins the election.

Trump's now got big money donors getting behind him. He was never completely self-funding his campaign. Now, he'll be in bed with big money in attempt to get into the White House, which is something he heavily criticized establishment candidates for doing.

One high-profile Republican who I think is helping Trump get a second look by some Republicans and donors is John Boehner. John Boehner seems more relaxed and happy than he did when he was Speaker, that's for sure. He voted for John Kasich. He says he disagrees with a lot of Trump's positions and rhetoric, but he supports the Republican candidate and thinks Trump is way better than Ted Cruz. Boehner really hates Cruz, especially Cruz's efforts to shutdown congress back in 2013. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/05/12...ruz-again/
(05-13-2016, 02:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Trump's supporters don't seem to care about any of that blatant inconsistency and rhetoric.

No, they don't care, not a wit. I heard a couple of them say on CNN that none of it matters to them because Trump isn't a politician. Da fuck?! hah
(05-13-2016, 02:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 02:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Trump's supporters don't seem to care about any of that blatant inconsistency and rhetoric.

No, they don't care, not a wit. I heard a couple of them say on CNN that none of it matters to them because Trump isn't a politician. Da fuck?! hah

At this point, no, I don't care a wit. There's two choices...Trump is the better choice.

I can't wrap my brain around anyone supporting Hillary either, yet, here you are and I'm so confused...
I don't even have words (yet) for the huge can of shit Barry opened up today.
(05-13-2016, 03:33 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I can't wrap my brain around anyone supporting Hillary either, yet, here you are and I'm so confused...

hah That's how I feel about you and Trump.

...but you're a Mocker too and at the end of the day that's all that really matters to me. 27
(05-13-2016, 03:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 03:33 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I can't wrap my brain around anyone supporting Hillary either, yet, here you are and I'm so confused...

...but you're a Mocker too and at the end of the day that's all that really matters to me. 27

That's right. If you were my sister I would slap you up side the head and ask you WTF!! Haha!
(05-13-2016, 05:29 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 03:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's right. If you were my sister I would slap you up side the head and ask you WTF!! Haha!
You two should totally have a pillow fight in your lingerie and take pics for my inbox.
(05-13-2016, 02:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 05:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:
Why isn't he being called out on his daily lies and constant backpedaling or even about the way he contradicts himself, often in the space of just a few minutes? He's now begun to change his tune on many of the things he was telling his supporters throughout the primaries. hah

I see some media outlets covering the flip flops and contradictions, along with Trump's questionable business endeavors.

But, Trump's supporters don't seem to care about any of that blatant inconsistency and rhetoric. He's not held to the same presidential standard as other candidates by his supporters. I think the majority of the general population still care about who's leading and representing our country and won't be voting for The Donald though.

Anyway, reaching out to Republican leaders is a good move by Trump, in my opinion. He will need them to make a credible run and will really need them if he wins the election.

Trump's now got big money donors getting behind him. He was never completely self-funding his campaign. Now, he'll be in bed with big money in attempt to get into the White House, which is something he heavily criticized establishment candidates for doing.

One high-profile Republican who I think is helping Trump get a second look by some Republicans and donors is John Boehner. John Boehner seems more relaxed and happy than he did when he was Speaker, that's for sure. He voted for John Kasich. He says he disagrees with a lot of Trump's positions and rhetoric, but he supports the Republican candidate and thinks Trump is way better than Ted Cruz. Boehner really hates Cruz, especially Cruz's efforts to shutdown congress back in 2013. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/05/12...ruz-again/

The evil plan is coming together then? Everyone in the Senate hates Cruz. hah Like I said before, voters have such short memories..........
I'm not getting the connection to short memories, Mags. But, I know you're right about Ted Cruz being reviled by Senate (and House) members.