Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(06-07-2016, 09:52 PM)BigMark Wrote: I preferred Jeb Bush and Kasich, I think they are good honest men and really care about our country.

Jeb will never be a president, he can't get past what Gdub did to the name. Is such was too moderate to be Republican. So was Pataki, another decent but boring choice.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(06-08-2016, 08:49 AM)F.U. Wrote: Sometimes its better to look at the person that knows nothing about the job. Some of my best employees were green and I trained them to do the job.

I would rather see the flip-floping loud mouth get this job, over the lying ass scandal queen who knows how to manipulate the system.

We're talking about the job of being the President of the United States of America not someone being hired to sling beers or climb a ladder and slap some shingles on a roof for Godssake.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
hah Yeah, someone that wears nice clothes.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-08-2016, 03:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 08:49 AM)F.U. Wrote: Sometimes its better to look at the person that knows nothing about the job. Some of my best employees were green and I trained them to do the job.

I would rather see the flip-floping loud mouth get this job, over the lying ass scandal queen who knows how to manipulate the system.

We're talking about the job of being the President of the United States of America not someone being hired to sling beers or climb a ladder and slap some shingles on a roof for Godssake.

So we are talking about a figurehead. We all know that the prez can get little done without the rest of the gov.
Cool your jets down woman, no for godssake needed.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
No, we don't all know that, F.U. I suspect most of us know better.

The President of the United States is not simply a figure head position that could be effectively filled by just anybody.

The President has a lot of power and pressure, holds the final say on a myriad of issues, and represents the United States at home and abroad. Knowledge, related experience, temperament, and statesmanship matter -- even more so, in my opinion, for someone who has a history of ignoring advice from advisers and has declared publicly that he has no intention of changing in that regard.

Aside from that, the President can invoke policies using Executive Action/Order without congressional vote and, more importantly, has the power to authorize military force without congressional approval as our nation's Commander In Chief.

I read an interview that Marco Rubio did and when the subject of Donald Trump came up Marco said he stands by everything he said about Trump during his campaign. He described Donald as being a very erratic individual and said he doesn't want him to have the United States nuclear arsenal/codes because of that, he said Donald can't be trusted to have them and then he went on to say he wants Donald to be President.

hah Jesus Christ.
I see that "just a figurehead" argument all the time and it infuriates me almost as much as "well they both suck/are the exact same/are puppets anyway." It's a terribly uninformed viewpoint and a pisspoor take. The irony is that the same people swearing the presidency is a figurehead position are the SAME idiots who will commence blaming whatever person we elect for everything from has prices to weather patterns to their dryer that loses all their socks. Essentially we've made God, Santa and the POTUS the same exact guy (or girl, come November); a mythical creature simultaneously imaginary and useless and yet responsible for granting all our wishes and taking blame for all our ills.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(06-10-2016, 09:12 AM)Donovan Wrote: I see that "just a figurehead" argument all the time and it infuriates me almost as much as "well they both suck/are the exact same/are puppets anyway." It's a terribly uninformed viewpoint and a pisspoor take. The irony is that the same people swearing the presidency is a figurehead position are the SAME idiots who will commence blaming whatever person we elect for everything from has prices to weather patterns to their dryer that loses all their socks. Essentially we've made God, Santa and the POTUS the same exact guy (or girl, come November); a mythical creature simultaneously imaginary and useless and yet responsible for granting all our wishes and taking blame for all our ills.

Whatever...they're both horrible and we have to pick one.
DOOM and Gloom, we're all gonna die and go to hell because of this election year. The world as we know it will never be the same! Repent ye sinners! hahhahhah
(06-10-2016, 10:43 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: DOOM and Gloom, we're all gonna die and go to hell because of this election year. The world as we know it will never be the same! Repent ye sinners! hahhahhah

Hallelujah Brother, HALLELUJAH !! Repent sinners , repent and you too shall be saved. Let me show you the way. Just send $29.95 to the Jeabus is lord fellowship church and you will receive a lifetime membership , that is good for a year. In that year I will show you the way to the lord , savior, Jeabus Chripes.

Make checks payable to F.U. , Or send cash, in care of F.U. , 1313 High lane, Nowhere Ia, 56969 .
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
(06-10-2016, 11:08 AM)F.U. Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 10:43 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: DOOM and Gloom, we're all gonna die and go to hell because of this election year. The world as we know it will never be the same! Repent ye sinners! hahhahhah

Hallelujah Brother, HALLELUJAH !! Repent sinners , repent and you too shall be saved. Let me show you the way. Just send $29.95 to the Jeabus is lord fellowship church and you will receive a lifetime membership , that is good for a year. In that year I will show you the way to the lord , savior, Jeabus Chripes.

Make checks payable to F.U. , Or send cash, in care of F.U. , 1313 High lane, Nowhere Ia, 56969 .
TESTIFY BROTHER FU! hah
Trump peddles DOOM and Gloom, but he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about most of the time. I too think it's sometimes funny, in a macabre way.

But, I'm not ignorant as to the responsibilities of the President and it wouldn't be funny to me if he was elected. I don't believe most people are ignorant in that regard and don't think he's going to be elected though.

If he is elected, it still won't be DOOM and Gloom for me. However, it might well be hell for those GOPers assigned to handle and watch him.

Clinton dropped in the polls when the State Dept email report was released. Then, Trump went on his idiotic "the judge is a biased, Mexican, hater because he won't bend or interpret the law my way!" tour, dominated the news cycle, and doubled then tripled down on it when called out. That prompted Ryan, McConnel, Kasich, Gringrich... and a host of other top Republican leaders to proclaim to the public that the Republican party is not a racist party and Trump's views aren't shared by true conservatives. They don't want to lose Republican congressional seats in the upcoming elections.

So, Trump's dropped more than 5 points in the polls since, putting Clinton ahead again. He dropped 11 points with Independents, which is a real problem for him if he can't win them back. The unification of the Democratic party will also likely boost Clinton.

Trump will reportedly hold a press conference to inform the public of the Clinton scandals, push conspiracy theories, and accuse the Clintons of unbridled greed on Monday. I'm sure he'll use a teleprompter for that one. He should, lest he slip up and regurgitate his "Obama is a Kenyan Muslim" insanity. It should be interesting.

Anyway, I suspect the polls will go up and down for the rest of the cycle, if Trump remains in the running and the shit continues to be flung back and forth.
Trump's speech on Monday will be in New Hampshire.

Donald Trump will go on the attack against Hillary Clinton in a speech next week that details why he believes the former secretary of State is unfit for office.

The speech will take place at 2:30 p.m. on Monday at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, N.H., the campaign said. The invitation-only event will be closed to the public.

It will be Trump’s first major address since the final states cast ballots in the Republican presidential primary on June 7.
Trump teased the address in his victory speech on Tuesday night, in which he fired the starting gun on what’s expected to be a nasty general election battle between himself and Clinton.

“The last thing we need is Hillary Clinton in the White House or the extension of the Obama disaster,” Trump said.

“The Clintons have turned the politics of personal enrichment into an art form for themselves. They’ve made hundreds of millions of dollars selling access, selling favors, selling government contracts. … Secretary Clinton even did all of the work on a totally illegal private server … and the corrupt system is totally protecting her.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pres...-hampshire

Donald can pull a rabbit out of his ass and it still won't be effective in bringing down Hillary. When she begins to respond with her own comments about him, he will lose his shit. I saw a little bit of it after her speech in which she used his own words against him. He didn't like that at all, not one little bit and he was damn near stuttering in his attempts to claim she was lying. Hehehe. Her and her team backed up every word. This is going to be so much fun!
It's all in the hands of the electoral college now, and either way we're fucked ten ways from Sunday.
And if this whole DNC preselecting Hilary over Bern doesn't make you a believer that our political machine will keep on turning without us, You just don't want to see it.
It's no secret that the DNC preferred Clinton. But, the majority of primary and caucus voters did too, so Hillary it is. Still, Bernie's accomplishments are universally praised within the party and he'll likely help Hillary increase her votes, in my opinion. Bernie accomplished more than he imagined or expected and he's definitely affected positive change within the party and the system.

The RNC preferred Bush or Walker or Rubio, I imagine. But, the majority of primary and caucus voters did not. So, Trump it is. He's definitely affected change in the party and the system, but not all change is for the better. It remains to be seen, for me, whether Trump's candidacy is a net positive for the GOP. I hope they don't just put in more restrictive ballot rules (like they did to stymie Ron Paul) rather than honestly evaluating their processes and their base.

Donald Trump's nomination defies the notion that the people's votes don't matter. So do Bernie's accomplishments.

Unlike Trump, Bernie has a great deal of respect from inside the Beltway.
(06-10-2016, 02:14 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: It's all in the hands of the electoral college now, and either way we're fucked ten ways from Sunday.

^ There's the DOOM and Gloom.
(06-10-2016, 03:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 02:14 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: It's all in the hands of the electoral college now, and either way we're fucked ten ways from Sunday.

^ There's the DOOM and Gloom.
We've been fucked before and we're still standing. LBJ, Nixon, Ford... That's not doom and gloom. The whole "He will have the codes for nukes" convo is definitely doom and gloom. FFS, dono thinks Trump will start killing off Americans if he takes office. hah You wanna talk doom and gloom? Dono holds the patent. hah