Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Are you a teacher?

I'd call him the Professor if we didn't already call Maggot's wife that. You can call him Mr. PHD.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have everything but the career. Chose my major badly, ran outta money and quality of life before I got to PhD level. I keep threatening to go back and wrap it up but it's such a racket I have a hard time wanting to spend the cake. For ego.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Oh look. I fucked up a 3 letter acronym.

I'm educated. Sarcastic
Semantics. Nobody noticed except probably HotD. That woman don't miss ANYthing.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Are you kidding? It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Hahaha! 50

So, I watched/listened to the Prez campaign at a rally for Hillary today. He's much better at it than she is, he seems so much more comfortable up there. He did a great job for her and I don't think we've seen the last of him on the campaign trail. He stressed again that there has never been anyone running for POTUS who has been more qualified than Hillary. No one addressed the elephant in the room but Donald is having a rally in the very same state tonight and Hillary/emails/FBI will probably be his main agenda. I don't think the FBI's findings will change anything for her in regards to who is a supporter.
Obama has the benefit of not having shit to prove any more. His demeanor in the last few months has almost been gleeful.

Yesterday a federal judge blocked enforcement of a Virginia law binding delegates to support the primary winner at the nominating convention. This was a class action lawsuit so it's my understanding this would affect delegates in all states and enable them to vote their conscience. I thought I understood what this meant for delegates at the convention but Donald is treating this as a win for him. What am I missing?
The Third Party Candidates

I believe there are Bernie supporters who absolutely mean it when they say they will never vote for Hillary Clinton (though many others have already moved to Clinton). And, I believe those Bernie supporters who say they'd never vote for Trump either. So, some of them will stay home and some of them will look more closely at the other options.

It'll be interesting to see how the Green Party's Jill Stein and the Libertarian Party's Gary Johnson's numbers look in the wake of Bernie's formal departure from the Democratic race.

I don't know how many people vote based on which candidate's platform most closely aligns with their views and priorities for the country though. The Republican leaders say that a vote for one of the third party candidates is a vote for Hillary. The Democratic leaders say that a vote for one of the third party candidates is a vote for Trump. That's misleading.

A vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson is a vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson, neither of whom appears to have a shot in hell of winning. But, if anti-Trump and anti-Clinton voters stay home instead of voting for a third party candidate/platform they like, it has no impact on Clinton and Trump; it only has a negative impact on the third parties' ability to use high vote counts to increase public awareness and consideration of their goals by the mainstream. That's how I see it.
LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE 2016
[Image: W0e2W4e.jpg]

I like a lot of Gary Johnson's positions on the issues and posted his key platform points upthread. Here's the link to the details: https://johnsonweld.com/issues/

GREEN PARTY CANDIDATE 2016
[Image: jillsteinfreepalestine.jpg?w=750&h=447]

The Green Party's positions and Jill Stein are too far left for me at this time, though I agree with many of their ideals. I can see them being a viable choice for a lot of Bernie supporters. Here's Stein's 'Power to the People Plan' summary: http://www.jill2016.com/platform

The convention start today! Psyched for the circus! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3
(07-18-2016, 06:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:

The convention start today! Psyched for the circus! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

Well there will be an elephant in the room for starters. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

And tons of clowns.

Some scenes from the convention -

[Image: 3661FF6E00000578-0-image-a-34_1468866500043.jpg]

[Image: 36648BCE00000578-0-image-a-33_1468866179751.jpg] [Image: 36648AAE00000578-0-image-m-32_1468866168471.jpg]

[Image: 3664290E00000578-0-image-a-26_1468862976869.jpg]

[Image: 36645A2700000578-0-image-a-28_1468862988358.jpg]

[Image: 3664406600000578-0-image-a-44_1468867433829.jpg]

[Image: 3664B57700000578-3696247-image-m-53_1468869531248.jpg]

[Image: 3664B9F100000578-3696247-image-a-52_1468869518219.jpg]

Ridiculous, stupid fuckers annoy the shit out of me. I want to spit at them.

Those pix are nothing compared to what's going on inside the convention. I just turned the TV on and it's chaos on the convention floor. Entire sections of delegates have walked out. The "chair" refused to acknowledge the never Trump people and apparently by doing so it has allowed them a bigger voice. They were chanting never Trump loudly. Reince Priebus the chairman of the Republican National Committee is no where to be found, someone suggested he is hiding in order to avoid taking some responsibility for what is going down right now. It's as crazy as I hoped it would be.
(07-18-2016, 04:08 PM)sally Wrote: Ridiculous, stupid fuckers annoy the shit out of me. I want to spit at them.

^ Canadian geese or Packers fans?
(07-18-2016, 04:08 PM)sally Wrote: Ridiculous, stupid fuckers annoy the shit out of me. I want to spit at them.
Probably the first time ever Florida could collectively laugh and point at some OTHER collection of dumb fucking yokels.