Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(07-25-2016, 04:17 AM)Duchess Wrote: I applauded when I heard she got fired, [/i][/size]

She didn't get fired, she resigned.

I don't believe she resigned, I think they told her straight up that she had to go and letting her make that statement was the path of least resistance and I disagree with her being given another job within the campaign. If they felt they needed to give her something I think they should have stuck her in a room somewhere where she would be out of sight, out of mind. This was a terrible solution. This is all just my opinion. I think it's dumb to keep her around where she has a visible presence. Ugh.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-25-2016, 05:16 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Ugh.

That's putting it lightly. I see a lot of my die hard Bernie friends jumping on to the Johnson train. I wonder which candidate with benefit the most from the Jill/Gary votes..
Malik Obama, O's half brother is voting for Trump. I haven't seen it in the news but I hear it's all over Twitter.
It gave me a good laugh.
(07-25-2016, 08:21 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Malik Obama, O's half brother is voting for Trump. I haven't seen it in the news but I hear it's all over Twitter.
It gave me a good laugh.

Heh

President Barack Obama's half-brother, Malik Obama, says he will vote for Republican nominee Donald Trump in the U.S. election in November because he likes the candidate and he is unhappy with his brother's leadership.

Malik, who is in his 50s, told Reuters by phone from Obama's ancestral home of Kogelo in western Kenya that he supports Trump's policies, especially his focus on security.

"He appeals to me and also I think that he is down to earth and he speaks from the heart and he is not trying to be politically correct. He's just straight-forward," he said.

He criticized President Obama's record in the White House saying he had not done much for the American people and his extended family despite the high expectations that accompanied his election in 2008, both in the United States and Kenya.

Malik defended his right to criticize his brother, citing freedom of expression.

"To each his own. I speak my mind and I'm not going to be put in a box just because my brother is the President of the United States," Malik said.

Story
He should go talk to Abu.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Will someone get that woman Wasserman Schultz out of there. Please. This is a real problem and she needs to be gone. I don't want her speaking at the convention. Surely those in charge who are discussing this, know this. Be gone! *poof*
(07-25-2016, 10:43 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Will someone get that woman Wasserman Schultz out of there. Please. This is a real problem and she needs to be gone. I don't want her speaking at the convention. Surely those in charge who are discussing this, know this. Be gone! *poof*

I think more heads should be rolling. I saw some of those e-mails, and some are down right criminal. They purposely used interns to disrupt Trump rallies, and then Blamed Bernie followers. Tsk. Tsk....
(07-25-2016, 11:10 AM)cannongal Wrote: I think more heads should be rolling.

Agreed. They need to do something and they need to do it today, it needs to be done before the convention actually begins.

This bullshit irks me.
(07-25-2016, 11:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 11:10 AM)cannongal Wrote: I think more heads should be rolling.

Agreed. They need to do something and they need to do it today, it needs to be done before the convention actually begins.

This bullshit irks me.

I heard the person that took her place is also in those emails. I also heard they hacked into the Clinton Foundation. Not sure if it's true and don't have time to look ATM.
And here I thought this convention was going to be a big snooze fest.
If they have more controversy than the pubs I'm gonna be pissed. How dare they! are these the Gussifer 2.0 ones or the Assange ones I'm having a tough time keeping up with the corruption.[/b]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-25-2016, 11:20 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I heard the person that took her place is also in those emails. I also heard they hacked into the Clinton Foundation. Not sure if it's true and don't have time to look ATM.
And here I thought this convention was going to be a big snooze fest.

Donna Brazile? I heard that she is implicated as well. If that's the case I don't want her associated with the campaign either. Fucking hell.
(07-25-2016, 11:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:

This bullshit irks me.

I'm sure Hillary can use a few more campaign staffers, hell, Debbie is going to need an assistant, a secretary, a secretary to the assistant....

Are you looking at me? Smiley_emoticons_shocked

I'd never have it as good as I do now with the boss I have. It's like not having one...usually.
(07-25-2016, 11:50 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Are you looking at me? Smiley_emoticons_shocked

I'd never have it as good as I do now with the boss I have. It's like not having one...usually.

uh, no, I was referencing the fact that the one that was forced to resign, was immediately hired by the Clinton Campaign.

I'm sure if any more heads roll, they will get equally lucrative parting gifts.

Oopsie. I thought that was some kinda nudge.

She's history. No gavel banging, no speaking, no nothing. Thank Christ. I can hardly wait for the next fuck up. Sarcastic
Bernie Sanders: We can not let Trump win. Cheers!
Bernie Sanders: We must vote for Hillary. Boooooo!
Don't tell me this man is honorable or has any integrity. He's not even a Democrat, the only thing his is is a sellout and a hypocrit!!
(07-25-2016, 05:15 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Don't tell me this man is honorable or has any integrity. He's not even a Democrat, the only thing his is is a sellout and a hypocrit!!

I told you he has a mission. He'll honor his word. I stand by what I said about him in regards to his integrity. He has many supporters who will never vote for Hillary and many, many more who will follow his lead and do what they can to defeat Trump. They firmly believe if Trump wins, everything they have worked for will be lost.

I think it's horrible what was done behind the scenes. I'm not one of those people who want to win at all costs. I believe in fairness, sportsmanship, if you will. That kind of thing is important to me.
I think Bernie Sanders has integrity. But, I don't care if other people see him as a sell-out or a hypocrite or anything like that.

Bernie is as much a Democrat as Trump is a Republican, that's for sure. Bernie was always an Independent and a member of the Democratic caucus. Trump publicly and financially backed Democrats and progressive Democratic policies frequently for a lot of years, though he was anti-Obama from day one. The only issues I can think of where Trump ever supported a Republican stance publicly before running under the Republican umbrella are 1) anti-Obama, 2) immigration, 3) lower tax rates for the wealthiest Americans.

Anyway, both men are shifting and shaking up the restrictive two party establishment political system, which I think is a good thing. Trump won the GOP nomination and Bernie lost the Democratic nomination. So, Bernie's influencing the Dem platform by other means. And, since he's a million times closer to Clinton on social issues than he is Trump, what he's doing makes good sense to me.