Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Rainbow 
I only do it to see if my rainbow thing gets going on. Lord knows I need more rainbows and stuff. Love3
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I am so pleased that my grandaughters can actually view history in the making.....women can now, too, be nominated for the highest elected office in our country.....Praise the Lord! We have come a long way, baby, and I may have said this before, but it bears repeating, Hillary has had to work twice as hard as her male counterpoints.

I still don't understand the reasoning of some people....Trump is O.K. but Hillary is a liar....if you all use factcheck.com, snopes, or politicfact, you know there was a chart which tracked the lies in Trump's acceptance speech last week. I think we were up to 25. I posted it on FB.....Why is it O.K. for him to lie?.......but if you believe that Hillary lied, why the double standard? I haven't heard anyone at the Democratic convention suggest execution for someone who they think has lied about some fucking emails.....
Although tax evasion is a felony and Trump could actually go to prison (would be little awkward if he is elected as President).....also he scammed money out of a number of people who paid for an education and got nothing in return (that is a genuine felony also) but when people say Hillary should go to prison, but not Trump, it is difficult to try to track that type of logic....it is different from what my brain knows.......

A few months ago, a person requested "friend" for FB and I accepted. During Vietnam war, he was a young soldier stationed at Ft Riley, Ks and I was his Supervisor (I actually don't remember him), but at any rate, I certainly notice his posts. Some people call him a Pastor. I know he is an active member in the Baptist church in Texas. He professes his deep religious beliefs and quotes scriptures frequently.....However, today he called the Planned Parenthood Organization baby killers and then one of his friends came on and agreed and posted words of wisdom written by one of their heroes, Bill Cosby....and of course, they are supporting Donald Trump.....I am not trying to be a smart ass, but I truly don't understand a Christian who hates other people who do not "fit" their morality....One of the comments was "we are the moral party." Huh? Really.......I don't see the morality in Trump's camp...but willing to listen to anyone who has insight on this.....I have another school classmate who believes the same. He also lives in Texas, but when he "liked" a comment today on "Opposing Views," I knew for sure, he was a Trump guy, although a professed Christian......I don't think I am a heathen, but I don't get it.....

At my age, I don't care if you want to dislike me because of my views, I only know that I have to stay true to my beliefs, value system and who I am as a person.....and Trump goes against everything I have learned in life.....I can understand why some people follow him because he says what they want to hear....but he lies, people, he lies...he cares about no one but himself.........
(07-26-2016, 10:17 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: he says what they want to hear....

I think that probably says it all. He says what they think, they find him relatable.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Along with Maggot, I watched the roll call yesterday afternoon. I saw Vermont pass so that they may be last and I saw this short clip of Bernie's brother. It was very moving, I don't think I was the only one who felt it in that moment. I like Bernie very much, I wish he could have been a little more centered.

There is no crying in politics. Geez, I missed that.
(07-27-2016, 02:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: There is no crying in politics. Geez, I missed that.

No, there isn't but, that's a very nice moment, huh. I was okay until the camera stayed on Bernie and I saw some emotion and that sorta got me going.
I feel the same way when all the ice cream disappears from the freezer.

I've never met an ice cream I didn't like.
I lick them a lot!! 75
Just finished watching the DNC and was so inspired by President Obama. I just love that man...he is so down to earth and relates to all ages....I will miss this man. He cares about all Americans and our future......waves flag with blue donkey affixed to my lapel........
(07-26-2016, 10:17 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Why is it O.K. for him to lie?.......but if you believe that Hillary lied, why the double standard?

Because it's comedic when he lies, Hilary not so much. Just like he said, Hillary is low energy and takes a five hour nap everyday, but you won't catch him taking a nap. Funny stuff hah.
I think he's going to try to get out of debating Hillary. I know he did that during the primaries but I haven't been able to find out if that's allowed now that we are down to two candidates.
That's because he knows Hilary will eat him alive.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(07-28-2016, 08:11 PM)Duchess Wrote: I think he's going to try to get out of debating Hillary. I know he did that during the primaries but I haven't been able to find out if that's allowed now that we are down to two candidates.

Trump skipped one Republican primary debate, but I don't think he had an opportunity or invitation to debate Hillary then.

He did refuse Bernie's public invitation to debate. Too bad, that would have been very interesting.

As non-conventional as this election cycle has been, the Republican nominee refusing to debate the Democratic nominee would still be political suicide, except perhaps in the eyes of the truly brain-dead Trump supporters whom he could convince to view it as "non PC', or as a protest against someone not treating him "fairly", or some such chickenshit excuse. I don't think Trump will attempt to balk on any of the general election debates unless he doesn't really want to become the next President.

I do hope Libertarian Gary Johnson gets to 15% in the polls and qualifies to debate Trump and Clinton. I'd also like to see Johnson's VP Weld get to debate Pence and Kaine. I think Johnson/Weld would resonate with a fair number of people. In my opinion, Johnson would primarily be a Republican alternative for those not comfortable with Trump and, to a lesser degree, for Independents and Dems who are less hawkish than Clinton. If Johnson weren't so pro free-trade, I think he'd probably be able to attract a lot of the disgruntled Bernie supporters.

I thought there were a couple of pretty good speeches at the DNC tonight, including Hillary's nomination acceptance speech.
(07-29-2016, 02:17 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Trump skipped one Republican primary debate, but I don't think he had an opportunity or invitation to debate Hillary then.

He didn't, my post wasn't clear. I should have said the other Republican candidates and then that one with Bernie that he either blew off or backed out of.

I'm looking forward to him debating Hillary like a little kid looks forward to Christmas.
It's a sad state of affairs, when there are only "unworthy candidates" to choose from. Thus, having to vote for the least unworthy! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I know I've been a harsh critic of Hillary but she's bound to do something I can compliment.

Thanks Hagar!

I have no intention of arguing with those who support Trump. I'm done. It would be like kicking a dog who has just gotten hit by a car or slapping a retarded child because they couldn't solve an easy puzzle.

However, I don't hold the GOP in the same regard. They make me sick and I'm enjoying the hell out of watching them dig the hole they will be buried in.
Atta girl! That's like trying to teach a kid to hate ice cream anyways.
I think this cartoon is clever and pretty much sums up the conflicting messages put forth at the RNC and DNC conventions.

[Image: 579b99e41200007404a54383.jpeg?cache=avd55virku]