Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
[Image: 2016-sign%201918306_10207541429887353_61...vlssgy.jpg]
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I once said I wanted to fuck someone silly. Please forgive me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I almost expected Trump to deck Clinton and I mentioned it during the debate because it would have been "GREAT"!!!!! But nooooo he stood there and watched as she rapped with that Muslim chick.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Im not calling you hurtful names, I was just talking in general. I like you, I like you alot. But I dont agree with you on this. He said he could grab pussies, he didnt say he would. And the kissing thing I think he was joking about. Thats all.
Pillow Fight!
(10-10-2016, 10:36 PM)BigMark Wrote: Pillow Fight!

Do you mean hillary and trump or me and hotd. According to ms if hotd grabs my pussie she will go flying on a pubic hair rope like tarzan.
Not if, when.
(10-10-2016, 11:06 PM)sally Wrote:

Do you mean hillary and trump or me and hotd. According to ms if hotd grabs my pussie she will go flying on a pubic hair rope like tarzan.

It's a jungle, baby!
(10-10-2016, 10:23 PM)sally Wrote: Im not calling you hurtful names, I was just talking in general. I like you, I like you alot. But I dont agree with you on this. He said he could grab pussies, he didnt say he would. And the kissing thing I think he was joking about. Thats all.

You know I was only kidding about the 'hurtful' names to get you to go down there; they don't hurt. It doesn't even bother me when your non-voting ass talks down to me because you think I've been too critical about Clinton's judgment and lack of transparency. Loser. Smiley_emoticons_wink

I don't think Trump was kidding about the kissing part because there were already accounts of him doing just that to contestants at his beauty pageants published a few months back. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us/pol....html?_r=0

Anyway, I understand why that tape was a deal-breaker or last straw for many in the GOP and why he's losing Republican voters over it.

But, the tape has nothing to do with why I'm not voting for Trump. Trump had already proven to me that he wasn't a sound individual with the character, qualifications, or temperament to run the country long ago. I've listened to what he has to say since then anyway, but his views on where the country stands now and where it should be headed, his vague policies, his reliance on and perpetuation of conspiracy theories as facts, his choice of people for his team, etc...confirmed for me that Trump as president would be a yuge disaster for the country. That doesn't mean I think everyone who votes for him is insane or anything. I do think Maggot is insane, however.
I hope the next debate is less tabloid bullshit and more issues-oriented. Slim chance of that happening, but it's a hope.

It would also be nice if it was a little more civil, possibly opening a little something like this...

Smiley_emoticons_smile

I thought MS proclaimed me the winner of the Mock's Biggest Bush award because he sees me as a love child from the 70s, or something weird like that. hah

I think the pillow fight sounds more fun for us anyway. Or, better yet, a quick arm wrestle and then a few bloody marys.
(10-11-2016, 03:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

I thought MS proclaimed me the winner of the Mock's Biggest Bush award because he sees me as a love child from the 70s, or something weird like that. hah

I think the pillow fight sounds more fun for us anyway. Or, better yet, a quick arm wrestle and then a few bloody marys.

Might be time to re-visit my rankings.

Ramsey is probably going to be our new number 1 (with a bullet).

No activity in that region for years.

To say the undergrowth is 'dense' would be an understatement.

I saw that video early this morning. It was laugh out loud funny.
28 days til election 2016 and lots going down...

Trump campaign update

-Trump's pretty much back to being at war with the GOP leadership as much or more than he is with Clinton. He's choosing to focus the tail end of his campaign on reality-show, tabloid-rag, "Ima jail Hillary!!" type drama. Maybe it'll get him somewhere; I don't know. But, he's way down in the polls as of now.

-Speaker Paul Ryan is focusing only on trying to keep Republican control of the House of Reps at this point. He won't be focusing on efforts to elevate Trump (he hasn't revoked his endorsement though). There is now real concern that what Trump is doing will not only hurt Republican senators' chances of being re-elected, but also put the House's Republican majority at risk.

A Democratic President, a Democratic Senate, a Democratic House of Reps, and Democratic nominees for the Supreme Court could shape the social future of this country for several decades. But, Trump has been calling Ryan disloyal and lashing out at him on Twitter.

-I thought Trump was joking in the last debate when he said Clinton would be in jail if he were president, because U.S. presidents obviously aren't dictators, don't shore up prosecutors, and aren't judges in our democratic system of balance of powers. But, apparently he was serious because he's now promising prosecution and jailing of Clinton to his supporters at his rallies. Some Republican leaders and supporters of Trump are trying to get him to stop making the threat because this is not "a Banana Republic".

- Trump got a hold of a damning Clinton email, supposedly from a close Hillary adviser, and read it at a rally yesterday. Only it turned out to be a hoax email which had been published in the Russian media. So, now there's less attention on unflattering content in the real hacked emails from Hillary's campaign manager and renewed attention on Trump's invitation for Russia to hack Clinton's emails, a former Trump campaign manager's ties with Russia, Trump's repeated praising of Putin, and the U.S. Intelligence's strong suspicion that Russia is behind hacking of emails associated with the DNC and Clinton's campaign.

-Chris Christie spoke out today for the first time since last week. He said he just can't defend Trump's comments in the leaked hot mic tape as a husband and father. He said that he knew Trump was sorry and embarrassed because he was with Trump when the leak came to light. Christie confirmed that he strongly advised Trump to seriously apologize and not try to minimize the nature of what he said or to deflect to Bill Clinton. Trump disregarded Christie's advice.

As a former prosecutor, it's my opinion that Christie knows, and can't pretend not to know, the difference between locker room talk and admitting to predatory sexual misconduct. I believe Christie is fully aware that whether Trump was telling the truth or lying about getting away with such misconduct, it could be used against Trump legally as well as permanently putting off a lot of voters.

Christie said he thinks it's reasonable if the tape's content and how Trump chose to handle the situation causes people not to vote for him. Christie did confirm, though, that he's still supporting and endorsing Trump for now. When asked if he thinks there's more such conduct/words to come out against Trump, Christie said, "only Donald knows". Ref: http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/...ogy-nr.cnn

Hillary Clinton campaign update

-Today, a third batch of emails hacked from Clinton's campaign manager's account were released via WikiLeaks and covered by the media. The content of some of them will quite likely reinforce the perception that she's not trustworthy or transparent with the public. The topic is being covered in the HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT thread.

-Hillary Clinton and Al Gore held a rally on climate change in Florida today, just a few days after the major storm hit the state. The rally focused on all the good things that have been done over the last decade in terms of electric cars, harnessing wind energy, renewable energy, increased worldwide attention to the problem and such. It also focused on what more needs to be done and how treating the earth like a sewer dump is having serious impacts now and those impacts will be worse for future generations, along with their desire to see the U.S. be the world leader when it comes to clean energy technology, job creation, etc.

Clinton took the opportunity to hit Marco Rubio for ignoring the issue of climate change when he said, "I don't know, I'm not a scientist". She said, "why doesn't he ask a scientist!?" after which she hit Trump for calling climate change a Chinese hoax.

Clinton asked ralliers to vote for Rubio's Democratic opponent Patrick Murphy in the upcoming Senate race. And, Al Gore implored people who care about climate change and other key issues not to vote third party, lest potentially regret being a handful of voters that denies Clinton the presidency and hands it to a bad alternative (like what happened to him in Florida when he lost to George W. due to Ralph Nader voters). That had the crowd screaming, "you won!" for a bit in support of Gore..

There were some hecklers screaming, "Bill's a rapist!" for a minute, but they got drowned out by supporters screaming "Hillary!". Ref: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articl...tic-voters
I just watched the Trump video.............really? Is this the one everyone is bitching about?

To tell you the truth..........whats the big deal? The woman that meet him coming off the bus was all happy, I bet she couldn't care less what he even said on the stupid bus. Is this so freaking bad that birds are dropping out of the sky? hah
I don't think she heard what he was saying on the bus.
Ya know that video where Hillary is showing Daughters listening to what Trump has said? Well I bet half of those kids listen to rap music that is much worse than that. Should I post the top rated lyrics? I'm betting that the woman that met Trump at that bus could care less at the time what he said earlier. I also believe that most male and a few female politicians have done worse. And quite a few sports idols.

I'm aghast I tell ya!! I just wanna spit!!
Florida is the swing state with the most electoral votes.

[Image: swing-state.jpg]
Blue is firmly Democratic, light blue leans Democratic, Red is firmly Republican, light red leans Republican, Gray swings both ways.

Republican Governor Rick Scott is head of a Donald Trump Super Pac. He denied requests from the DNC to extend the deadline for Floridians to register to vote following the storm. The DNC had made the argument that the storm prevented people from in-person registration last week, delayed mail ballot delivery, and suspended internet registration ability for some Floridians.

Fortunately, a federal judge overruled Governor Scott's refusal to extend the deadline and rebuked him for denying the sensible request to ensure citizens had the ability to exercise their rights to vote after an unforeseeable natural emergency. Scott's reason for refusing the extension was, "they've already had plenty of time."

The judge extended the deadline by 24 hours and will today be hearing the DNC's request to extend the deadline to October 18th.

Clinton has a small poll lead in Florida right now and Democrats are more aggressive in later voter registration efforts, but the areas most affected by the storm reportedly lean more Republican than Democrat. So, it's not clear which side would benefit more from the extension. But, people's ability to exercise their rights to vote should not be suppressed by partisan politics in any case, in my opinion. I hope the judge extends the deadline by 6 more days.

Refs:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/le...n-/2297387
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...-5635.html
(10-12-2016, 09:58 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The judge extended the deadline by 24 hours and will today be hearing the DNC's request to extend the deadline to October 18th.

It's being reported that the judge granted the request and the deadline will be the 18th.