Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
(06-22-2015, 08:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:

yet I rarely hear people talk about the fact that the only people who pay attention to gun law are law abiding citizens. .

Nope, thats because the media does not want to address that simple fact.

Can't be confusing issues with Facts you know
The families of the victims and the community in Charleston have been so incredibly gracious in the face of terrible tragedy.

They haven't given Dylann Roof the race war he sought; they've done just the opposite and focused on unity, honoring the victims, and pushing for criminal justice.

I don't know if I could have looked my family member's killer in the eyes and offered forgiveness so quickly, but I respect and admire that these families could.

[Image: promo_EulogyObama_0.jpg]
President Obama gave the eulogy for Senator and Pastor Clementa Pinckney in Charleston today, honoring all of the victims in the process, addressing racial and gun issues, and leading the attendees in Amazing Grace. Link and video: http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/politics/o...gy-pastor/
(06-26-2015, 07:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The families of the victims and the community in Charleston have been so incredibly gracious in the face of terrible tragedy.

They haven't given Dylann Roof the race war he sought; they've done just the opposite and focused on unity, honoring the victims, and pushing for criminal justice.

I don't know if I could have looked my family member's killer in the eyes and offered forgiveness so quickly, but I respect and admire that these families could.

That's cause he killed a bible study group. I know it's even more heinous to kill such nice, innocent people, but to condemn him and damn him to hell and be out to seek revenge - that just dishonors your relative.
Oops wrong thread
(06-26-2015, 08:16 PM)Cutz Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 07:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The families of the victims and the community in Charleston have been so incredibly gracious in the face of terrible tragedy.

That's cause he killed a bible study group. I know it's even more heinous to kill such nice, innocent people, but to condemn him and damn him to hell and be out to seek revenge - that just dishonors your relative.

I think you're right; that their faith has a lot to do with their strength and grace.

I saw some of the victims' teen children interviewed on CNN today. They started a t-shirt campaign, "Hate Won't Win" and were really determined to spread that message. They seemed like great, joyous kids.
Terrorize a race and start a race war by killing a bible study group? Nah, I always said if you want to inflict fear and anger you go to a hospital and kill a bunch of newborns. Shoot your way in and walk down the cribs going nope, nope, yep BANG.

The little bastard is a coward. He deliberately choose a soft target and now a lot of the country is in an uproar over the flag he was holding in his pix.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The U.S. should be more like England and turn in all "pointy" knives.
[Image: knife_ban.png]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
FBI mistake let accused Charleston killer buy a gun

FBI director admits the background check on Dylann Roof overlooked an arrest record. Roof used the gun he bought to allegedly slaughter nine people in a black church.

FBI Director James Comey says the gunman charged in the Charleston church massacre should not have been allowed to purchase the gun used in the attack.

Comey on Friday attributed the problem to incomplete and inaccurate paperwork related to an arrest of Dylann Roof weeks before the shooting at a church that left nine people dead.

He says an FBI examiner who looked into Roof’s background when he tried to purchase a gun never saw an arrest report in which police say he admitted to possessing drugs. The arresting agency was listed erroneously on the rap sheet that the examiner reviewed.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/0...a-gun.html
The FBI killed those nine people.
I'm sure another law will solve it.
Sidenote, will Obama head to the podium and condemn the FBI? Or will that not fit his agenda this time around? Hmmm, my money is on crickets from the White House on this.

C'mon. We can't have the Prez condemning the FBI. That wouldn't look good at all. That shit needs to be said privately.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-10-2015, 03:13 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I'm sure another law will solve it.

78 On-spot sarcasm there, Jimbone.

Clearly, the existing law failed in this case, due to human error.

So, find the break and address it to minimize the chances of it happening again. I don't think anyone will have a problem with that obvious solution.
(07-10-2015, 06:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

C'mon. We can't have the Prez condemning the FBI. That wouldn't look good at all. That shit needs to be said privately.

Well he had no problem hitting the podium and blaming easy gun access for the shooting... now that the easy access is because his FBI fucked up we shouldn't get to see it?
Obviously we're seeing it or we wouldn't be discussing it, right?

The FBI Director has publicly acknowledged a mistake which had terrible consequences, expressed regret, and described the breaks in the process which are being addressed.

He's not sweeping it under the rug or denying responsibility.

I think that's about all he can do, unless you want him to pay a visit to your house so you can flog him or something.

Snip:
Officials said a background check failure allowed Dylann Roof to illegally purchase a .45-caliber Glock handgun on April 11, eight days after he turned 21, at Shooter's Choice in West Columbia, South Carolina. Roof had previously acknowledged drug possession, according to the FBI.

Law enforcement officials had previously said the transaction was entirely legal, despite his pending drug charge. The weapon was purchased at the gun store which is 25 miles from his home.

FBI director James B. Comey called that assessment "a mistake in a matter of heartbreaking importance".

"We are all sick this happened," he said. "We wish we could turn back time."

Comey said there were a number of missteps that lead to Roof being able to purchase the gun.

Roof had been arrested in late February at a Columbia shopping mall by Columbia police in Lexington County and he admitted possessing Suboxone, a controlled substance commonly used to treat heroin addiction. He was indicted by a Lexington County grand jury on a state drug charge.

If a National Instant Criminal Background Check System examiner had seen that during his arrest Roof admitted possessing drugs his gun purchase would have been denied, Comey said.

Full story: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charles...un-n390056
This rebel flag must come down.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Don't be obtuse. I'm talking about Obama grandstanding at the White House podium the day of the shooting. He said it was because of easy gun access... turns out he was right. His FBI gave approval to someone who shouldn't have been able to buy! Again, he was spouting off before he knew any facts.

So if today we had gotten the report that Roof was able to buy his gun because he circumvented the system and someone failed to do a NICS check, do you think we would have gotten the same 'no comment' from the White House?

Or would we have gotten more grandstanding from President Narcissus?
(07-10-2015, 07:09 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Don't be obtuse.

[Image: 3qpfcp.jpg]

My obtuseness was not deliberate. Apologies, I misunderstood your podium post.

I think it's appropriate that the FBI Director is the one at the podium acknowledging the mistake and taking the heat publicly. It's his department's failure and he should own it.

However, I agree that Obama should also acknowledge that his previous public claim (that the gun got into Roof's hands due to a private transaction loophole) was false.
(07-10-2015, 06:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: This rebel flag must come down.

Changed your mind, huh? Well, that's good.

Now, you won't have to feel conflicted if you decide to vote for one of the Republican front-runners.

Scott Walker has been advocating for the Confederate flag to be removed from the state capitols in South Carolina, Georgia, and Mississippi since 2000.

And, Jeb Bush chose to remove the Confederate flag from the Florida capitol in 2001...

However, if you change your stance again, there's always Donald Trump (and Ted Cruz, kinda sorta).

In any event, the flag has left the building. Smiley_emoticons_wink