Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
My sisters house has 8x8 framework with 1/4" metal gussets with these big eyebolts sticking out of it. it was built in the 20's some heavy duty stuff right thar. I should call her tonight and get her all nervous if that's possible.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The perks of getting crystal springs water delivered is they dropped off enough for the whole neighborhood the other day.
Stil a day or two left, and it's a big bitch.

But that said, you'll be on the left side - which if you have to ride out a hurricane is the best side to be on.

Stay safe and keep your bird hunkered down. And no, that was not a euphemism.
I made my son straighten up the shed so I have room to stuff all the crap in there that's gonna go flying. He said I should set up my Christmas decorations in the front yard while everyone else on the street is putting up shutters hah.

I just read that traffic is backed up from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta. 675 miles. Holy fuckity fuck.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
We're stuck.

But we could probably go mostly back roads and go west of Gainsville if we really have to leave.
(09-07-2017, 06:17 PM)sally Wrote: We're stuck.

But we could probably go mostly back roads and go west of Gainsville if we really have to leave.

Makes me think of the Florida Georgia Line song, "Cruise".

Cruise down a back road, blowin' stop signs through the middle of every little farm town with you, in this brand new Chevy with the lift kit,
It'd look a helluva alot better with you up in it.

Yep, me and Sal just Cruisin' on over to Gainesville.
(09-07-2017, 05:26 PM)Jimbone Wrote: But that said, you'll be on the left side - which if you have to ride out a hurricane is the best side to be on.
no jimbone, I'm in the central east which looks like it's going to get fucked by a big bigger dick.

Sally, are others in your 'hood staying in place or does it look like a ghost town?
(09-07-2017, 11:04 PM)sally Wrote: no jimbone, I'm in the central east which looks like it's going to get fucked by a big bigger dick.

Ah, sorry. I thought you were central west.

Be safe and dress sexy!
(09-08-2017, 10:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Sally, are others in your 'hood staying in place or does it look like a ghost town?

No it looks like everyone on my street is staying. If it looks really bad and they tell everyone to get off beachside then my daughter works at an assisted living facility on the mainland that we could go to. They told everyone that works there to bring their families and pets if they need to. It's like a high class facility for old rich people, not a stinky nursing home. So it wouldn't be that bad I guess.

I'm going to worry about you. I already am :(
Well we shall see when you're in the paper sitting waist high in your underwear in mucky gross water with a wet knitted blanket waiting for popcorn and talking to your bird.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm not sure this was such a good idea Sally. But you've got balls of steel, I'll give you that.
I'm 9 ft. above sea level and it has never flooded here, if anything it's going to flood inland. Plus they already downgraded it to a cat 1 with 75 mph winds by the time it gets here. Unless something changes I think the smartest thing to do is stay. People are still stuck on the side of the highway.
But it could still take a right turn and come up the coast and then I will have to get the fuck out of here.

I have been very concerned about this storm. My brothers and their families are going to ride it out and when one of my SIL just said "pray for us" it made me feel frantic, like on the verge of tears. I don't understand the mindset of you people. I am very scared for y'all. [Image: crying.gif]
I think you caught a break Sally, looks like it's headed a bit more to the west. By the time it gets to you land will have ravaged it and you'll get some gusty wind and rain.

Have a hurricane block party!
(09-08-2017, 05:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I have been very concerned about this storm. My brothers and their families are going to ride it out and when one of my SIL just said "pray for us" it made me feel frantic, like on the verge of tears. I don't understand the mindset of you people. I am very scared for y'all. [Image: crying.gif]

One of my friends just posted a pic of their house all boarded up and said they were going to ride it out. The same that they did with Hurricane Charlie.
It worries me.
Is it really worth it? Why the fuck do people stay?

My sister went to her cabin, picked up some quilts my mom had made and some other items and took pictures. Fire shouldn't reach it but just in case. Also the fire jumped the Columbia River so when she says, "The fire is 15 miles and 2 rivers away" I don't care!
The one in Oregon was started by kids with fireworks or smoke bombs, fucking assholes.

Fucking Montana is ruined. : (
(09-08-2017, 07:24 PM)Love Child Wrote: Is it really worth it? Why the fuck do people stay?

Well if I was in south florida with a 4 or 5 coming my way I'd get the fuck out. There are no houses strong enough to withstand that.

But in my case it's looking like it's going to be a 1 which isn't catastrophic and better than being stuck on the highway with no gas and nowhere to get any gas.

Then of course you could leave days ahead of time before anyone even knows what it's going to do, but some people have to work and don't even have the means to leave and spend several days at a hotel. That's what I wanted to do, but my husband kept saying lets just wait which made me want to stab him.