Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trump for president
NPR was at the convention last night and were getting pissed because their senseless blather about the speakers were getting drowned out by...................the actual speakers. hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Some protesters were attacked by the police.................

That video is from a French protest HOTD I know.............Smiley_emoticons_smile
(07-17-2016, 05:11 AM)Duchess Wrote: Even his own wife couldn't stand by his side and support him yesterday. He makes one of the biggest decisions of his political career and his whole family is there but his wife.

Well, he might have been better off had she passed on speaking at the convention last night too.

I saw Mrs. Trump say yesterday that she worked on her speech for a long time and had very little help writing it. So, it's hilarious that it contained passages pulled virtually word-for-word from Mrs. Obama's 2008 speech.

Michelle Obama, 2008
You work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.”

We want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Melania Trump, 2016
“From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise; that you treat people with respect,” Trump told the thousands of Republican delegates and assembled media on Monday night in Cleveland.

We want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

----------------------------

On another note, I think a HUGE deal would have been made if Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush, or Michelle Obama's educational achievements had been falsified, or were even alleged to be falsified.

But, given she's part of the Trump brand, if Mr. Birther's claim that his wife earned a Slovenian architecture and design 'degree' turns out to be fiction, I don't think anyone will care much. Refs: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/rn...phy-225781 & http://www.gq.com/story/melania-trump-gq-interview
She has been a good example of what an immigrant can become in America smart, intelligent and successful. Just like Obama.
(07-19-2016, 01:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I saw Mrs. Trump say yesterday that she worked on her speech for a long time and had very little help writing it. So, it's hilarious that it contained passages pulled virtually word-for-word from Mrs. Obama's 2008 speech.

It's incredible isn't it. The right is spinning their wheels off! Trump's campaign manager is now blaming Hillary for all the charges of plagiarism that are out there. Hahaha! He seriously is. According to the Trump campaign, no one will be losing their job over this. I guess you can't fire someone when the aspiring First Lady said she wrote it herself.

I knew this convention would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-19-2016, 01:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: Just like Obama.

Obama isn't an immigrant.
(07-19-2016, 01:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: She has been a good example of what an immigrant can become in America smart, intelligent and successful. Just like Obama.

hah So silly, on a couple of levels.

Dear God. The RNC communications director just said, in regards to the plagiarism charges, that there was no plagiarism, that Sparkle Pony from My Little Pony uses the same phrases.
They all do it.

It's just that certain media outlets tend to pick and choose who's nose they want to pick.
Her speech did seem as fake as her nose. I think she should stick to not talking.
And who did Giuliani steal his speech from, Dean Howard after doing a speedball? Jesus, you think he loves Trump enough, he should have been picked as VP.
You know, the more I think about it, the more I think Trump is the perfect American President. He almost personifies the American psyche; we know it's a turd, you know it's a turd, but we'll polish that sucker, roll it in glitter and Hollywood the shit of it and pretend it's the best thing ever, 'murica!! Or maybe the lipstick on a pig analogy would be better hah
(07-19-2016, 03:54 PM)Maggot Wrote: They all do it.

It's just that certain media outlets tend to pick and choose who's nose they want to pick.

The same media was all over Obama's use of rhetoric which was very similar to Patrick's, Maggot. I remember it.

I also remember Obama explaining that he and Patrick shared a lot of ideals and had collaborated, Patrick verifying Obama's explanation, and both sharing speech writer David Axelrod.

Obama addressed the valid plagiarism accusation at the time, which was levied by the Clinton campaign when she was running against him. When addressing and explaining it, Obama admitted that he failed to cite/credit his source and acknowledged that he should have done so.

Trump's campaign, on the other hand, is busy floating inconsistent and idiotic claims rather than acknowledging and explaining the 'oops' and moving on.

It's elementary school idiocy for the Trump campaign to blame Melania's plagiarism on Hillary Clinton and to proclaim that Hillary is out to get Melania because Hillary is threatened by her. It wasn't the Clinton campaign that noticed the jack and pointed it out via Twitter; we already know that for a fact. Pushing a false narrative blaming Hillary Clinton for Melania's and/or the Trump campaign's fuck-up is unsurprising fodder for fools and the "poorly educated" folks who Trump loves and depends upon so much.

Some of Trump's surrogates insisting that it wasn't plagiarism at all and was just a coincidence is also funny bullshit to anyone who can read and listen and knows how the English language works.

Anyway, in my opinion, Melania's unauthorized lifting from Michelle Obama's speech won't sway anyone who supports her husband. It's minor compared to the volumes of more serious lies that the candidate himself, Donald Trump, has told the American people, has told the people whom he contracted, has told the people to whom he peddled Trump University, etc...
(07-19-2016, 05:13 PM)crash Wrote: You know, the more I think about it, the more I think Trump is the perfect American President. He almost personifies the American psyche; we know it's a turd, you know it's a turd, but we'll polish that sucker, roll it in glitter and Hollywood the shit of it and pretend it's the best thing ever, 'murica!! Or maybe the lipstick on a pig analogy would be better hah

16 Hey now, that's an accurate assessment of the mindset of some Americans, but certainly not all Americans.
I know you're right. Ironically though, if Trump does win, more than half the people who aren't if that mindset will get on board with it just because he won and 'he's our president'
(07-19-2016, 05:46 PM)crash Wrote: I know you're right. Ironically though, if Trump does win, more than half the people who aren't if that mindset will get on board with it just because he won and 'he's our president'

Well, no matter who's elected President, I'll hope for the best for the country. That's true.

But, no matter who's elected President, I won't get behind any actions/policies that I think endanger or harm people, with the exception of clearly justified defensive action.

In my observation, by and large, Americans (and Australians, and Brits...) are patriotic, but aren't hesitant to express opposition to their countries' democratically elected leaders.

Most people who opposed Obama 8 years ago still do so openly and frequently. I imagine if Trump is elected, he'll still be openly and frequently opposed by most of his detractors throughout his term, no matter what he does as President.
(07-19-2016, 05:13 PM)crash Wrote: You know, the more I think about it, the more I think Trump is the perfect American President. He almost personifies the American psyche; we know it's a turd, you know it's a turd, but we'll polish that sucker, roll it in glitter and Hollywood the shit of it and pretend it's the best thing ever, 'murica!! Or maybe the lipstick on a pig analogy would be better hah

As you already know CN is greatly missed around here. I just want to thank you for stepping in. I mean what can I say, you're a lifesaver.
Maybe you should shoot down a few less bears tomorrow, Sal..
(07-19-2016, 01:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: She has been a good example of what an immigrant can become in America smart, intelligent and successful. Just like Obama.

I think you know that Mr. Obama is not an immigrant, and you are just pushing buttons...which is O.K....but maybe your mother did drop you on your head when you were a baby......Obama's mother was from Kansas. Stories written about his childhood, say he only saw his biological father twice, once when he was a wee child, and later at 10 years old....
No she's not, she married a billionaire that's it.