Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trump for president
Come folks, you have to chose someone sensible, if he wins it will be a freakshow.
Donald Trump Jr. is skeevy, to me. He's not skeevy in a Ben Carson sort of way, but in a 'like father, like son' pretender kind of way.

I'd hoped the Republican convention would be focused more on policy specifics. Instead, it's mostly Trump's kids -- who would apparently have considerable influence over the country if dad wins -- repeating what Donald Trump has told us ad-nauseum, namely Donald Trump is the best at everything, he will make America great and safe again with his authoritarian philosophies, but he won't say how (just trust him, it will be unbelievable, okay).

The actual Republicans in the room barely even acknowledge Trump's candidacy and are instead focused on "Lucifer-loving criminal mastermind crooked Hillary Clinton!!" and trying like crazy to save the Republican party by maintaining its Congressional seats.

I hope the Democratic Convention is less reality show and more substantial.
It doesn't look as violent as people may have imagined, maybe not enough participants or they have suddenly become more civil.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-20-2016, 11:22 AM)Maggot Wrote: maybe not enough participants or they have suddenly become more civil.

It's my impression that those who are there are there because they are dyed in the wool Republicans. They consider it their honor and duty to be there, the majority are not there to support Donald Trump, they are there to support the Republican party as a whole. They have people making speeches who can barely bring themselves to say his name let alone endorse him.

Mitch got booed when he walked out. Hehehe
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-20-2016, 11:11 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Donald Trump Jr. is skeevy, to me.

He is. I see him & think of Ted Cruz and how oily, skeevy he is. Like Eddie Munster. Ugh.

...and Paul Ryan is borderline. I never thought that until last night and noticed how defined his widow's peak is. It's Dracula like!
hah Yeah they are all minions from hell.
Where transgenders go to the bathroom and advocating programs designed to turn gay people straight are two of the Republican platform points. That's not a joke, it's really true.

But, never fear. Another celebrity endorser of Trump and lifelong Republican is on the case to help show the party the error of its exclusionary ways.

That's right, Ms. Caitlyn Jenner is speaking up and reaching out.

[Image: 3671F3B900000578-3699721-image-a-1_1469030607967.jpg]

At an event outside the Republican National Convention today, Jenner said she remains a Republican, but argued against the GOP-supported bathroom bills.

She noted how three Republican lawmakers had been arrested for lewd bathroom behavior, while zero trans people had the same problem.

'Maybe what we should do is ban Republican representatives!' she suggested.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4Eye2cFzd
hah Don't bring me down.

A common mondegreen in the song is the perception that, following the title line, Lynne shouts "Bruce!" According to the liner notes of the ELO compilation Flashback, he is saying a made-up lyric, "Grroosss," which some have suggested sounds like the southern German expression "Grüß Gott." After the song's release, so many people had misinterpreted the word as "Bruce" that Lynne actually began to sing the word as "Bruce" for fun at live shows.[5]

wikpedia
I forget who it was but some comedian reflected that with Chachi, Caitlyn Jenner, the Duck Dynasty guy, and Antonio Sabado Jr, all they need is Dennis Rodman and they can start filming the next Celebrity Apprentice.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(07-20-2016, 11:40 PM)Donovan Wrote: Chachi, Caitlyn Jenner, the Duck Dynasty guy, and Antonio Sabado Jr

I had no idea these people were the best & brightest, that they are YUGE winners with so much to offer.

So...at what part of this convention will issues be addressed and topics of substance be discussed?
(07-21-2016, 05:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 11:40 PM)Donovan Wrote: Chachi, Caitlyn Jenner, the Duck Dynasty guy, and Antonio Sabado Jr

I had no idea these people were the best & brightest, that they are YUGE winners with so much to offer.

So...at what part of this convention will issues be addressed and topics of substance be discussed?

"They" think they are addressing topics of substance! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

So, tonight's the last night of the crazy Republican Convention. Trump and Pence are officially the party's candidates for President and VP.

I didn't agree with a whole lot of what he said, but I thought Pence did a good job with his speech last night, especially considering he had to follow the raucous caused by Ted Cruz's non-endorsement of Trump.

Tonight Ivanka and Donald Trump will be making their speeches and attempting to win voters over.

Next week, the Democratic Convention kicks off.

Is it really that big a deal that Cruz didn't endorse Trump? Why would it matter so much? I'm not someone who has paid much attention to politics before now but I knew who Cruz was and for the first time I have a tiny bit of respect for the little weasel.
(07-21-2016, 07:08 PM)Duchess Wrote: Is it really that big a deal that Cruz didn't endorse Trump? Why would it matter so much? I'm not someone who has paid much attention to politics before now but I knew who Cruz was and for the first time I have a tiny bit of respect for the little weasel.

It wasn't a surprise or a big deal to me, nor was it a surprise to the Trump campaign. They were told ahead of time that Cruz wouldn't endorse Trump, but played the non-endorsement to their favor. The narrative, true or not, is that Cruz isn't a team player and he's putting his own self-interests above the interests of the party.

I don't think what Cruz did is anywhere near as big a deal to the general public as it was to the convention attendees last night. Remember, they're the same people chanting "build that wall!", "lock her (Hillary) up!", and proclaiming that Hillary Clinton is like Lucifer and should be shot on a firing line for treason.
I'm just glad I could talk 6 guys into voting for Trump in November by talking about all the crap Hillary does. That should nullify all your votes. Blowing-kisses You can thank me later.
You're quite the political activist, Mags.

But, six knuckleheads who would actually vote based on crap you tell them about Clinton won't nullify my vote.

Still, maybe you'll get a thank you card and a merit badge from Tiffany Trump or something. 27
I just watched the full last night of the Republican convention.

And, oddly enough, I have to say I thought Trump's acceptance speech was long but darn good. I disagree with a whole lot of what he said and much of it was fiction, but he delivered it very well and I can see how people who share some of his views would feel inspired to get out and vote for him.

Hillary Clinton is gonna need to spice up her campaign and be less conventional in her approach if she wants to nab the lion's share of up-for-grabs voters, in my opinion.

Some pundits are weighing-in and panning his speech as ineffective. I think they're wrong again (but I hope they're right).
Best part: Donald Muses on what his dad might say if he were alive tonight, and some guy in the audience yells "YOU SUCK!"

Lol spit take.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

I didn't watch the speech and this morning I went straight to the fact checking that is done by a number of sites. He's a lying cocksucka and I'm ready with the facts for anyone who chooses to engage me on this today. *flexes*
(07-21-2016, 07:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't think what Cruz did is anywhere near as big a deal to the general public as it was to the convention attendees last night. Remember, they're the same people chanting "build that wall!", "lock her (Hillary) up!", and proclaiming that Hillary Clinton is like Lucifer and should be shot on a firing line for treason.

A radio host in my area said that what Cruz did is political career suicide. I also read somewhere that Cruz was going to run in 2020, whether Trump was president or not.

Maybe he needs his meds adjusted or something?