Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trump for president
(08-20-2016, 11:22 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 11:14 AM)cannongal Wrote: Are there golf courses in Louisiana?

Hicks don't golf.

So the entire population of Louisiana are hicks? Even the Governor?

*nods* Cajun hicks.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I don't really want to diss an entire state. There are some lovely things about Louisiana -

- Mardi Gras

- The Saints

- Architecture

- James Carville

- Red beans & rice Nom Nom Nom
Ahhhh. . . red beans and rice.
Delightfully tasty side dish next to a mustard sandwich.
Bourbon street is way overrated. It was nasty as hell when I was there, grubby and gross. And the entire city is still basically a ruin from Katrina. Whole neighborhoods boarded up.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Bourbon street smells like piss and that was 16 years ago. With that said I had my 2 and 6 year old with us at the time and we were out and about having fun. Once it got questionable out and a little late for toddlers we headed back to the hotel, we met a nice pimp however that patted my son on the head. I figured its pretty much the same as being baptized. Great food, great people. I really liked it there, it's an atmosphere you can't find anywhere else.

Rudy Giuliani is ruining his reputation with his association with Trump. Don't think that my disdain for Trump clouds my opinions, it doesn't. Rudy is making a fool of himself. If you want to know what formed my opinion, I'll give it to you, but for this morning only there is this - when he was told there was nothing to the claims about Hillary being in poor health, his response was, "Go online and put down Hillary Clinton illness and take a look at the videos for yourself." *facepalm*
Rudy's gone off the rails, which is sad for me to see.

I admired how he handled the aftermath of 9 / 11 and his work to reduce crime in NYC.

Now, he's just spewing and repeating nonsense, with great vengeance and furious anger.

Recently I heard Rudy insist that no Islamic terrorists had ever launched an attack on the U.S. before Obama became president. I could not believe what I'd just heard, as if 9 / 11 had never occurred.

Kellyanne is in danger of going down the same road as Rudy. In being interviewed by George Stephanopoulos she said she didn't like it when people hurled personal insults and when asked if Trump was going to change on that she responded with "well, he doesn't hurl personal insults".

It wasn't that long ago that she was all over Trump's shit in regards to several things, including not turning over his taxes. This politics bs is very incestuous.
I didn't hear Kellyanne make that statement, but it's definitely a stupid one. Trump has been the king of hurling personal insults.

She's trying hard to erase and revise some of what Trump has said and done and 'reset' the campaign, in my opinion. I think she's Trump's most effective surrogate and spokesperson, by a long shot.

But, I don't see how she's going to attract new voters to Trump. People who haven't already committed to vote for Trump have memories and know that her (articulate and often fact-backed) spins on what Trump REALLY meant don't match with what Trump actually said, often times repeatedly.

Kellyanne seems to be respected on both sides, I haven't heard anyone say a bad word about her but that will change if she continues to tweek the truth. She also said she wasn't aware that Trump's taxes were under audit. C'mon! She headed a pro-Ted Cruz super-PAC. She knows more than a little bit about Donald Trump. Ugh. She's so smart. I'd much rather watch men present themselves as brain dead rather than smart women.
I remember Kellyanne pushing for Trump to be transparent and release his tax returns when she was working for the Cruz campaign.

Just saw the interview clip where she said she's changed her position since joining the Trump campaign because she only just learned that he's under audit.

She really does need to be careful not to end up sounding as idiotic as Katrina Pierson. Trump's been using the audit excuse for over a year and the IRS has publicly confirmed that an audit does not prohibit a person from releasing his returns. Plus, Trump's taxes prior to the last five years are not under audit and could be released anytime as well. Kellyanne knows all of that, without doubt.
Positions change all the time Hillary at one time agreed that the U.S. needed to rethink its position on radical islam and allowing middle eastern citizens into the states. She has changed her position a bit saying trump is racist for saying the same thing. As far as I can see we are still at war with the radicals and terrorists that quite possibly could be allowed in through refugee resettlement. But then again she wasn't running for president then and every vote counts with her no matter how she gets them.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I understand that positions change and evolve over time, for politicians and other objective people, Maggot. As it should be.

But, comparing a change in position to claiming total ignorance about a widely discussed and controversial subject in your profession is a false equivalency.

Kellyanne Conway's statement that she was unaware that Trump claimed he was under tax audit until two weeks ago can only mean one of two things: (1) she's inept; she wasn't paying close attention to the election for over a year, didn't watch the debates, didn't learn the basics about the candidate whose campaign she now manages OR (2) she's lying because the truth is a worse option in her perception. She's a seasoned pro and very sharp, in my opinion, so I think she's lying.

As for the Clinton clip you posted, that too is a false equivalency. Being open to considering profiling what could be Islamic radicals at airline security checkpoints immediately following 911 is not comparable to proposing that over a billion people across the globe be temporarily banned from entering the U.S. based solely on their religion. Screening and profiling are not equivalent to banning. And, clearly, not all Muslims across the globe are Islamic radicals.

Anyway, Donald Trump's been labeled a 'racist' and a 'xenophobe' and a 'misogynist' by some because of his comments against Mexicans (from illegals to Federal judges), his years-long failed campaign to prove that President Obama is a Kenyan Muslim, his sexist comments about women, and other statements and conspiracy theories he's floated -- not just his statements pertaining to Muslims.
(08-21-2016, 01:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I didn't hear Kellyanne make that statement, but it's definitely a stupid one. Trump has been the king of hurling personal insults.

Welp, since yesterday when Kellyanne said he didn't hurl insults he has hurled a few more. In just a few hours time today he used these words to describe people.

- Little
- Failure
- Irrelevant
- Neurotic
- Insecure
- Not very bright
- Pervert sleaze

Go, Donald!

Trump is at his rally in Ohio. He said, "You've got to get every one of your friends. You've got to get every one of your family. You've got to get everyone to go out and watch and go out and vote. And when I say watch, you know what I'm talking about, right? You know what I'm talking about. I think you've gotta go out and you've gotta watch."
I wonder where @blueberry is these days. I hope she's all settled in her new home and doing okay.

I miss that smart, feisty, old whore's comments when she's not around.

Of course......she is a strong Hillary supporter. So.......maybe she's busy staking out @Pokey's workplace, just lurking around waiting to snap him in the ass with some extra firm support hose or something.
Is he selling watches again? hah
Cantankerous & Crusty.

Words Blueberry once used to describe herself.

I loved it when she'd play the 'I'm an old crusty bee-otch that's lost her mind' card when she was called on the carpet.

Like you, HotD, I did enjoy her company here.
Respect your elders!!!!

[Image: th?id=OIP.M826f1a6e04d3dac331f1bd4e9189c...&W=160&P=0]