Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trump for president
I told everyone in America that Hillary is ready for the old folks home.
(08-23-2016, 03:44 PM)Pokemon999 Wrote: I told everyone in America that Hillary is ready for the old folks home.

According to Bill, she stills loves reverse cowgirl.

Pretty spry for an almost 70 year old.
Trump on Immigration

Trump was set to outline his formal immigration policy on Thursday, but cancelled that speech after his new campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, told the media that Trump's immigration policy is 'to be determined' last weekend. Reset.

It's difficult to know where Trump really stands since his loose but fiery immigration rhetoric has changed greatly in recent days.

What is known, according to consistent polling results across the nation and acknowledged by his campaign, is that Trump has the lowest historical Republican support from Hispanics, Muslims, white college educated people, and white suburban women. He now trails Clinton in all of those demographics.
So, here's what Trump and/or his spokespeople have most recently said in regards to his immigration policy...

- MUSLIMS: Trump's no longer committed to blocking Muslim visitors and immigrants into the U.S., either temporarily or permanently.

- MEXICANS: He's no longer confirming intent to establish a deportation task force which would round up all the undocumented/illegal Mexican immigrants and send them back to whence they came.

Instead, Trump told the media yesterday that he will follow Obama's lead, but with more energy. He will focus on deporting the "bad" ones (criminals). President Obama has deported more illegal immigrants during his administration (prioritizing criminals) than all of the other U.S. presidents since 1892 combined.

Trump will then address non-bad illegal immigrants in some yet to be defined 'fair and humane' manner, with helping them to obtain legal status in the mix.

- THE WALL: Trump gained a lot of primary support with his promise to build that big beautiful border wall. He confirmed that he's still committed to The Wall and that he'll get the Mexican government to pay for it. (Personally, I don't care one way or another about the wall, but do not believe that a wall will be built on Mexico's dime.)

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing Trump's final(?) answers when his immigration policy speech is rescheduled.

Recently Trump tweeted something to the affect of, "just call me Mr. Brexit". Tonight at a Trump rally Nigel Farage will be speaking.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Stupid fucker is in Tampa saying he's going to rebuild our military because it's depleted. "Jobs, jobs, jobs, I'm going to be so good at bringing jobs, jobs, jobs."

Earlier this week he went into great detail about a meeting he had with a top Chicago police officer. Trump said the cop told him that with Trump in charge the police could clean up the crime in a week. The Chicago police had to come out and tell people that Trump was lying, that no such meeting ever took place. What the fuck is wrong with him.

I don't want to hear any shit about Hillary from Republicans given their nominee. 78
hah Are you having a political breakdown honey?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

It's all politics, all the time. It's all I'm interested in and all I want to talk about. If I didn't know better I'd swear my friends have begun to go in the opposite direction when they see me coming.
I had to take a break from politics for a few days, it makes me grumpy.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(08-24-2016, 04:03 PM)Donovan Wrote: it makes me grumpy.

I get jacked up. I take my iPad to bed every night so I can keep on reading. Jesus. *sigh*

In regards to the Clinton Foundation bs, Trump was asked by a reporter today why Hillary would jeopardize a run for the Presidency and Trump replied, "she probably didn't know she'd be under this kind of scrutiny". 28
Well, he's back to form.

I only caught a few minutes of his speech today.

I heard him say that the only people who enthusiastically support Clinton are lobbyists and celebrities who don't look so hot anymore. I think he's very wrong about that, but it was kind of amusing in its irony and silliness. Scott Baio anyone? Smiley_emoticons_smile

I think the time for campaign manager #4 is near. I just want to go on record as being on top of that.
(08-26-2016, 07:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I think the time for campaign manager #4 is near. I just want to go on record as being on top of that.

I don't know, but it won't surprise me if you're right. Do you think Kellyanne Conway will resign or get tossed?

She sure hasn't been able to steer Trump in a focused and winning direction so far, despite what I perceive as a very diligent and strategic effort on her part.

She set the stage for Trump to have an opportunity to appeal to a wider base with her re-set media tour when she initially took the position, and I think she did it very well. But she's currently failing; Trump's all over the map.

Nobody knows where Trump stands on his signature primary issue, immigration, anymore. I've never seen anything like it. He's contradicting himself publicly left and right, sometimes in the same day. And, the word salads he and his spokespersons are tossing out on the issue are comically unbelievable.

Anne Coulter is batshit, in my opinion, but she's quite influential with a certain segment of the far right and has been very helpful to Trump with his white nationalist base. Her new book is titled, In Trump We Trust, and the launch was yesterday. She's pissed, by her own account.

In the book, Coulter says the only way Trump can break the trust that she says the American people should place in him is if he softens or changes his policy to deport all illegal/undocumented immigrants en masse - which is exactly what he did the day before her book launch. Sarah Palin is now also speaking out publicly and advising Trump to go back to his original deportation promise.

And, when told by Tamryn Hall that one of Trump's revised position on immigration is the same as the current plan under Obama and asked whether Trump should follow it or or instead stick with his plan to break up families, a Trump surrogate just said that Obama is deporting and breaking up immigrant families by the thousands and people should be talking about that. Seriously, now Obama is too hard on immigration. Funny stuff.
(08-26-2016, 11:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Do you think Kellyanne Conway will resign or get tossed?

I think she's going to resign. She is a very smart woman, she's educated, an attorney and she's built a respectable brand and I think it may occur to her that she's hurting her own brand name by her continued association with Trump. Personally, I've begun to think she has started to swallow her pride when she has to come out and explain Trump in a myriad of ludicrous ways. She sounds ridiculous, not as much as Katrina BUT...

This could be wishful thinking on my part.
(08-26-2016, 11:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anne Coulter is batshit

Oopsie, I meant to comment on this. Yes, she's batshit! Completely fuckin' bonkers! She said this in regards to Trump - “My worship for him is like the people of North Korea worship their Dear Leader—blind loyalty. Once he gave that Mexican rapist speech, I’ll walk across glass for him."

hah
A rapist is a rapist, it is not something that is uniquely exclusive to Mexicans. She is an educated woman, so she knows what she is saying and doing and the gravity of her comments, that is what makes her all the more evil.
(08-23-2016, 05:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anyway, I'm interested in hearing Trump's final(?) answers when his immigration policy speech is rescheduled.

Do you have a theory on why some of his events are being cancelled? I read that one scheduled for Arizona has been cancelled, this is just one more in a series of several. Hillary is hot on his ass out there and he needs that state but it now looks competitive so I'm curious as to why he would cancel.

Also, he is campaigning in places that he doesn't need to, his time would be better spent in a battleground state but he's choosing to go to places like Texas and Connecticut. Weird.

Huh...now I don't know what to think. His spokespeople say he's not going out there, the people out there said he has cancelled but I just saw where he said he will be there. This is confusing.
I don't understand Trump's post-primary campaign rally strategy, Duchess.

He's been visiting states that are firmly red and don't require his presence to win, while avoiding several swing and battleground states where he really needs to win voters over.

Neither Trump nor his spokespersons has given a clear explanation for it, so I don't know if it's a strategy or just a sign of campaign ineptness.

All I know about politics you could fit in a thimble and even I know that you don't waste time & resources in firmly red states nor in states you have no chance of turning red. I still can't get over he went to Connecticut.