Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trump for president
Last I heard, Trump was still insisting that the African Americans love him and he's going to win the black vote.

If he ever really believed that claim, he's delusional. And his statements this week will probably dwindle his small percentage of the black vote even further.

Snip:
More than a decade after the exoneration of all five men wrongly convicted as teenagers in New York City’s most infamous rape case, one resident of the city still refuses to accept their innocence. Yep, Donald J. Trump.

“They admitted they were guilty,” said Donald Trump this week on CNN. In 2002, the convictions of the five known as the “Central Park Five” were overturned after an imprisoned serial rapist, Matias Reyes, confessed to the 1989 rape and beating of a New York City woman. DNA linked Reyes to the rape, while none of the the five - who were aged 14 to 16 at the time of the crime - were connected through DNA. The exonerated men had long claimed they were coerced as teenagers to confess, after being denied food and sleep for dozens of hours.

In the days after the rape, Trump took out full-page ads in four New York papers calling for a return to the death penalty, and has continued to defend the original investigation of the case years after the convictions were overturned.

Story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump...re-guilty/
---------------------------

The city settled wrongful conviction cases with the black and Hispanic men to the tune of $41 million, but Trump continues to claim he was right, despite all evidence to the contrary.
What the fuck is wrong with him.

"It's ok to grope woman, if your important"

Did I really just hear that right?
You heard that almost right, cannongal.

He said it was okay for HIM to grab the pussies, try to fuck, and kiss without waiting any woman he finds beautiful because he's 'a star'. Here's that video/audio:

Trump put out a written statement after the tape was released saying it was just 'locker room banter', even though he was nearly 60 years old, newly married to Melania, and wasn't in a locker room when he was bragging away to Billy Bush about it without either of the men realizing the mic was still on. In that statement, he also deflected and alleged that Bill Clinton has said worse things to him on the golf course.

After condemnation from several high-profile Republicans and being disinvited from his first event with Speaker Paul Ryan tomorrow (Pence will stand in), Trump's campaign reportedly pushed on him for hours to release a real apology. He released the very weird video below saying he was sorry for his words (though he never addressed the sexual conduct his words described). He also said he's never pretended to be anyone he's not (which makes no sense since he's asking people to believe he was only pretending on the tape that he didn't know was rolling), that the campaign has changed him and made him a better man, that 'he'll never ever do it again', that Bill and Hillary Clinton are worse than him, and that he'll see everybody at the debate on Sunday.

Unsurprisingly, he's losing evangelical support and being asked to step aside by leaders and former endorsers from that segment of the party. It'll be interesting to see if the defections snowball and Trump gets pushed out.
(10-08-2016, 03:48 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It'll be interesting to see if the defections snowball and Trump gets pushed out.

Not that it's going to happen, because he's such an egotistical asshat, but if he drops out (or gets pushed out) at this stage of the game, will the RNC replace him with another candidate? Or would it be an automatic win for Hillary due to forfeiting?
IF he drops out or gets pushed out, I think Mike Pence will be pushed to run at the top of the ticket. That's just my opinion. I don't see where there would be another or a better option for the RNC.

I personally don't believe the Republicans would just forfeit. That, in my view, would very much affect the down ticket and make a Democratic take over of the Senate next year much more likely.

Hillary Clinton released a brief statement after the video release denouncing Trump. I think she'd be wise to continue laying low, for now, and just stand back and watch the chaos ensue inside the Trump campaign and the GOP.
(10-08-2016, 03:48 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: After condemnation from several high-profile Republicans and being disinvited from his first event with Speaker Paul Ryan tomorrow

39 Go Donald Go!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-08-2016, 04:12 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: IF he drops out or gets pushed out, I think Mike Pence will be pushed to run at the top of the ticket. That's just my opinion. I don't see where there would be another or a better option for the RNC.

I personally don't believe the Republicans would just forfeit. That, in my view, would very much affect the down ticket and make a Democratic take over of the Senate next year much more likely.

Hillary Clinton released a brief statement after the video release denouncing Trump. I think she'd be wise to continue laying low, for now, and just stand back and watch the chaos ensue inside the Trump campaign and the GOP.

"IF ONLY"!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Who are you quoting?
Who you talking to? hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

So of all the asinine, repugnant things he's said and done since he backed himself into the corner and got the nod, this is what finally tips the scales.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(10-08-2016, 08:18 AM)Carsman Wrote: Who you talking to? hah

Given my post came directly after yours it would be safe for you to assume I was talking to you.
(10-08-2016, 08:55 AM)Donovan Wrote: So of all the asinine, repugnant things he's said and done since he backed himself into the corner and got the nod, this is what finally tips the scales.

I don't think the outcome is any different today than it was yesterday before this story broke. Trump was absolutely right when he said “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters”. The majority of the GOP lacks any kind of backbone. The Speaker of the House has publicly said Trump is a racist yet has continued to urge others to not only support him but to vote for him. These people are as fucked up as Trump is.
Eh, if I was young, rich and single I would be doing the same thing. Most men would.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-08-2016, 08:55 AM)Donovan Wrote: So of all the asinine, repugnant things he's said and done since he backed himself into the corner and got the nod, this is what finally tips the scales.

I see it differently than Duchess and believe this latest revelation has tipped the scales more heavily than Trump's previous repugnant comments.

"Nobody respects women more than I do", Trump has told the American people many times, despite all evidence to the contrary in previous interviews and public statements.

'Entertainment value' is his excuse for all those other attacks on women's looks and bragging about his supposed sexual conquests. Some morons actually like and admire his sexist bullshit. But, a lot of other Trump supporters were willing to buy the "not a politician, just entertaining" excuse even though they don't like or agree with what he's said. I think the tape released last night and how Trump addressed it with the public will push a fair percentage of the latter group (female and male) away from Trump.

What Trump was caught saying clearly cannot be claimed as being "for entertainment purposes" since he was not on air when he made those private statements. Not only could that taped admission to non-consensual compulsive sexual conduct damage his election chances, it could also potentially hurt him in the past and pending complaints against him for rape, underage sex, sexual harassment...

Ivanka really shouldn't be the woman who tries to bail him out with female voters this time as she has in the past, in my opinion. There are too many creepy public statements where Trump talks about her physical appearance and suggests that perhaps he'd be dating her if she weren't his daughter. I hope that can of worms isn't reopened, for her sake.

Anyway, if Trump follows through on his threats to go hard after Bill Clinton's womanizing and Hillary's initial negative statements about Bill's lovers and accusers, along with tossing out baseless accusations that Hillary was unfaithful to Bill, I think he's really going to regret it in more ways than one.
(10-08-2016, 10:32 AM)Maggot Wrote: Eh, if I was young, rich and single I would be doing the same thing. Most men would.

You really aren't at all the man I thought you were. "(
Does anyone remember "A Face In The Crowd" ?

and the character
LONESOME RHODES

[Image: 9_142015_b3-thomas8201_c31-0-1768-1013_s...b2df3c1116]

“Those morons out there? Shucks, I could take chicken fertilizer and sell it to them as caviar. I could make them eat dog food and think it was steak. You know what the public’s like? A cage of guinea pigs. Good night, you stupid idiots. Good night, you miserable slobs. They’re a lot of trained seals. I toss them a dead fish and they’ll flap their flippers.”

Donald Trump reminds me of Lonesome Rhodes when he is over-heard on a 'hot mic' saying disparaging things about women and expects me to believe him when he is standing in front of the crowds at his rallies saying "no one respects women more than me".
(10-08-2016, 11:15 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I see it differently than Duchess and believe this latest revelation has tipped the scales more heavily than Trump's previous repugnant comments.

I feel like nothing touches this guy. I was so naive about all this political bullshit that I thought it was over when he so publicly dissed John McCain by saying he wasn't a hero and there's been so many times since then that it would have been over for anyone else.

So many people have been calling for him to step down that he has told at least one journalist that he won't.

The Town Hall tomorrow night is going to be...I can't seem to pick one adjective.
Yeah, the Town Hall debate will be must-watch tv, that's for sure.

The unendorsements and condemnations from Republican politicians are piling up today. The GOP is trying to figure out how to save the fall-out on congressional seats and save their own asses.

Trump told the Wall Street Journal, however, that there's no problem within his campaign. That's Bullshit with a capital B. Where's Kellyanne Conway? Updating her resume maybe? Smiley_emoticons_wink
Pence is no longer scheduled to appear with Speaker Paul Ryan today in Wisconsin in place of Trump. Pence issued a statement a while ago saying that he cannot condone or defend Trump's statements, that he's offended as a husband and father, that he's grateful Trump apologized to Americans, and that he's praying for Trump's family and hopes Trump can redeem himself tomorrow night by showing Americans his true heart.

Personally, I think Trump has shown us his true heart over and over and most Americans know that. Usually, campaigns try to lower expectations before debates, but Pence just turned the heat way up on Trump.

Most of the Republicans who've called for Trump to drop out or who've said they will not be voting for Trump any longer are pushing for Mike Pence to represent the party. It may be too late to do that officially, so some of them say that they'll write in Mike Pence, Kelly Ayotte from New Hampshire being one of them.

Pence is one of the most extreme right politicians in the nation. He wants his religious views to dictate policy for the country. His chances of re-election as governor of Indiana were not considered good when he accepted the VP nomination, given his failed attempts get an amendment banning gay marriage passed, the backlash resulting from his push for the most extreme anti-gay religious liberty laws in the country, his fiery rhetoric about abolishing Roe vs. Wade, etc.

I do not believe Mike Pence could garner a lot of voter support nationwide with those positions on social issues. And, when it comes to foreign policy, he's way more in line with Hillary Clinton than Donald Trump. Mike Pence could not win a general election for the presidency. I'm sure the Republicans know that, but I guess they'd rather lose the presidency and maybe save the Republican congress by supporting Pence over Trump. Those who've most strongly supported and praised Trump will suffer for it politically, in my opinion.

I'm glad Lindsay Graham refused to ever endorse Trump; I don't agree with Graham on some issues, but I think he's a good Republican and I do agree with his stances on other issues. I also don't have the same disdain for Paul Ryan that many Democrats and Trump-supporting Republicans do and think he's stayed just far enough from Trump to survive politically; I hope so.

Lastly, I wonder how Ted Cruz is feeling today - haha.
(10-08-2016, 02:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Where's Kellyanne Conway? Updating her resume maybe? Smiley_emoticons_wink

She went into Trump tower shortly after Rudy who was quickly followed by Christie who was wearing a hoodie. I'm on top of this shit. Sarcastic