Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trump for president
(11-14-2016, 12:43 PM)F.U. Wrote: Your crystal ball must be clearer than mine, Duch. I just don't see it.

I don't have a crystal ball, FU. I have knowledge.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Republicans don't protest. They have to work in the morning.hah JK.
(11-14-2016, 01:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: That makes no sense, MS.

Why would people travel away from home to protest national issues or a national politician when freedom of assembly/speech is equally guaranteed everywhere in the country?

If I didn't know you better, it would sure read like you're fantasizing about urban vs. rural physical confrontations instead of protests. But, I do know you better, I think.

Maybe they'd travel somewhere else to assault someone who actually voted for Trump or damage the property of someone that voted for Trump?

Right now they're doing that to themselves.

Smart.

Damon Lillard, guard for the Portland Trailblazers came out and said the same thing the other day.

"Hey Morons, all you're doing is hurting people that voted the same way you did."
I don't know why you're seemingly itching for Trump opponents to assault Trump supporters, MS.

But, I don't condone violence anywhere unless it's in self-defense, so I'm not the right person here to engage in those fantasies with you.

As for Lillard, he has every right to verbally protest the street protests. Just like Colin Kaepernick has every right to silently protest systemic racism. Just like Lady Gaga has every right to protest the electoral college system via petition. I don't agree with all of them, but I respect their rights to free speech as much as I do the voices of the non-celebrities in the streets.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Lillard, as you know. If he made that statement in regards to all of the protesters, I happen to disagree with his contention that the only thing they're accomplishing is hurting people that voted the same as they did. I think the protesters are making their voices heard nationally and to the incoming government.

Portland does, however, appear to have more moronic fucking idiots in their protest crowd than the ones going down in most other cities, based on what I've seen. If Lillard made that statement specifically in regards to those mfis who are engaging in violence and vandalism, then I agree with Lillard.
(11-14-2016, 03:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know why you're seemingly itching for Trump opponents to assault Trump supporters, MS.

But, I don't condone violence anywhere unless it's in self-defense, so I'm not the right person here to engage in those fantasies with you.

As for Lillard, he has every right to verbally protest the street protests. Just like Colin Kaepernick has every right to silently protest systemic racism. Just like Lady Gaga has every right to protest the electoral college system via petition. I don't agree with all of them, but I respect their rights to free speech as much as I do the voices of the non-celebrities in the streets.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Lillard, as you know. If he made that statement in regards to all of the protesters, I happen to disagree with his contention that the only thing they're accomplishing is hurting people that voted the same as they did. I think the protesters are making their voices heard nationally and to the incoming government.

Portland does, however, appear to have more moronic fucking idiots in their protest crowd than the ones going down in most other cities, based on what I've seen. If Lillard made that statement specifically in regards to those mfis who are engaging in violence and vandalism, then I agree with Lillard.
The people that are causing property damage aren't protesters. They are vandals and should be treated as such. Protesters do so peacefully without inflicting damage (physically or financially) on innocent bystanders. So lets separate the two so its easier to discuss.
I've already clearly made the distinction many times in my own words (and a couple of words that I borrowed from sally).

So I'm not going to redundantly 'separate the two' again, using your preferred words, to make it easy enough for you to discuss, Gunnar.

I'd be surprised if anyone but you is finding the discussion too difficult as it is. But, if so, perhaps you could have a simpler discussion with him/her.
(11-14-2016, 06:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've already clearly made the distinction many times in my own words (and a couple of words that I borrowed from sally).

So I'm not going to redundantly 'separate the two' again, using your preferred words, to make it easy enough for you to discuss, Gunnar.

I'd be surprised if anyone but you is finding the discussion too difficult as it is. But, if so, perhaps you could have a simpler discussion with him/her.
Then quit making excuses for vandals. They are criminals and deserve to be locked up.
(11-14-2016, 06:09 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 06:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've already clearly made the distinction many times in my own words (and a couple of words that I borrowed from sally).

Then quit making excuses for vandals. They are criminals and deserve to be locked up.

Jesus Christ, Gunnar. Pull your head out of your ass before you suffocate.

I have made zero excuses for the moronic fucking idiots engaging in violence and/or vandalism during this protest or any other protest.

And, I've clearly stated multiple times that I think those engaging in violence and/or vandalism should all be arrested, in regards to this protest and every other.

(Parting tip for Gunnar: 'those who engage in vandalism' = 'vandals')
(11-14-2016, 10:30 AM)F.U. Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 03:12 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 01:43 AM)F.U. Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 10:01 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: That was the longest post FU has ever posted. It's probably plagiarized because it's just so long.....for him.

These guys aren't winning graciously are they? They have to see others with a different point of view as the enemy. It's such a ridiculous argument it begs for sympathy rather than debate.

You are a sharp one aren't you. Nothing gets past you. Was it my post #798 that tipped you off? that's when I slipped and said . . . I ran across it on line and laughed my ass off. SO I thought I would share it.
. . . Damn, I better sharpen up if I wanna slide one past you. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Honey, i took one look at that post and bawked! There is no way i am filling my mind with propoganda. I read some of the post and bits of it. It was all offensive and belittling others. What i said i meant, its great your team won, but it wouldn't hurt you to handle your victory speech with more humility.

I read many academic papers when doing my studies and research. I cannot read them all from cover to cover when sifting through a large body of lierature. I used that technique when sifting your post.

See there's the difference. I can read long winded shit like that and get a laugh out of it. I don't care if it goes against my train of thought or not. I can still get a laugh. Most of the shit posted here makes me laugh by the way. People take shit to seriously anymore.

Here's the other thing FU, I am on my mobile phone most of the time (not right now). It's handy to read some of the posts, but when they are long like that, it does make it more tricky. Most of the time when I am on my phone, I am coming in purely to read the posts, because posting from the smartphone is a pain and is not as quick as on my computer. I can see above there is a typo and it is purely because I was doing it from my smartphone (literature).
I can't find the Trump successes and failures thread while I''m driving but OMG, he's requesting top secret clearances for his wife and adult children??? I don't know about the younger one but I count that as a big, fat, fail. His older children are running Trumps businesses right? Total conflict. As far as the wife goes, she only needs a clearance so he can legitimately discuss top secret info with her. SHE wasn't elected president. I'm sure it happens (pillow talk) but I'm not interested in putting a rubber stamp on it.

FAIL.
Commando Cunt Queen
This crap gets more ridiculous with each passing day.
How does one separate the maronic protesters from the un-maronic protesters?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
With a bulldozer?
(11-14-2016, 10:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: How does one separate the maronic protesters from the un-maronic protesters?

You have to allow them to protest in the USA especially of all countries. As soon as individuals start breaking the law they should be arrested. However, if police are playing a role in instigating events then there are two sides.

I think if you want to protest and let your voice be heard, then express yourself. Seriously, it is a major event that has happened, their protests are not going to the effect that they desire but hopefully better communications will come out of this for you and the world.
(11-14-2016, 10:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: How does one separate the maronic protesters from the un-maronic protesters?

The un-moronic ones know how to spell 'moronic'? Awink

Seriously.....it’s pretty easy for me to differentiate between people carrying signs, chanting or shouting their messages, and marching in protest of threats (and perceived threats) to their existing rights VS. people throwing rocks, smashing windows, lighting fires, putting their hands on other people, and fucking with police just for the hell of it, Mags.

You might consider everybody who assembles in public to exercise their first amendment rights to be morons unless you agree with their views. Different strokes - I don’t think that way at all. Just like I don’t think all the people who exercise their second amendment rights to bear arms are morons, though there are some people who use their guns to engage in violence and vandalism and I think they’re moronic fucking idiots who deserve to be arrested too.

Anyway, collectively, tens of thousands of people have been protesting in a few large cities. One guy was shot in Portland, but fortunately he’s fine and it was two teen gang members unassociated with the protests who did the shooting. They were arrested and charged with attempted murder – good. A couple of hundred people have reportedly engaged in vandalism. They’ve been detained, fined, or locked-up as determined appropriate by local police -- good.

I hope the protests stay largely peaceful. Hopefully, they’ll dissipate soon and the really passionate protesters will get/stay involved in political activism to help protect their existing rights or advance their causes.
Supposedly I am the only one who has an issue separating because I'm not smart. Guess we're in the same boat?
I didn't say that you weren't smart, Gunnar, though you make some proclamations and demands of me which are definitely not smart.

You proclaimed that I think something which is the opposite of what I actually think and have directly stated many times, including in this thread. You did that while responding to a post of mine, demanding that I do something which I already do (and, in fact, already did in the very post to which you responded).

When you do shit like that, especially after repeatedly and ironically claiming that I can't keep up, you should expect a mocking response and not take it too seriously. I don't. It's all in fun.

Do all those Republicans in DC have the power to stop Trump from doing something really stupid?

Trump & crew are in over their heads.
Many of the protesters that were arrested were not even registered voters and didn't vote.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-15-2016, 02:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: Many of the protesters that were arrested were not even registered voters and didn't vote.
Shocker.