Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
Doesn't that belong in the WuhanhateTrump virus thread?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-02-2020, 07:22 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Only the best people.

[Image: TMrjHYK.png]

Kushner has no idea what the fuck he's talking about. 

Or, he's purposely lying about the purpose of the federal emergency stockpile to provide cover for the Trump administration's failures in coordinating and managing it.

Changing the long-standing verbiage regarding the purpose of the federal emergency stockpile on the Public Health Emergency website (https://www.phe.gov/about/sns/Pages/default.aspx) to match with what Trump, Kushner and other members of the administration are using as an excuse for failures in federal leadership and accountability is a really shady and transparent effort to cover their asses.  It does not surprise me, however.
it went from $24,000 a day to $533.33, every single time shit like this.
(04-03-2020, 04:38 PM)BigMark Wrote: it went from $24,000 a day to $533.33, every single time shit like this.

What are you talking about?
States have money budgeted to re supply their stocks of medical supplies, the government has theirs for mostly the military and the National Guard. It's up to the States to spend the money allotted to them for them to re stock. If they chose to use that money for solar panels or gender studies it's their call.
(04-03-2020, 05:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 04:38 PM)BigMark Wrote: it went from $24,000 a day to $533.33, every single time shit like this.

What are you talking about?
the golf carts
People around here love those things, they were just racing each other today in the friggin rain. The muddier the better.
(04-03-2020, 05:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: States have money budgeted to re supply their stocks of medical supplies, the government has theirs for mostly the military and the National Guard. It's up to the States to spend the money allotted to them for them to re stock. If they chose to use that money for solar panels or gender studies it's their call.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The DOD has their own very large pocket of cash for supplies of all kinds.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
(04-03-2020, 08:34 PM)Rootilda Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 05:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: States have money budgeted to re supply their stocks of medical supplies, the government has theirs for mostly the military and the National Guard. It's up to the States to spend the money allotted to them for them to re stock. If they chose to use that money for solar panels or gender studies it's their call.

You have no idea what you're talking about.  The DOD has their own very large pocket of cash for supplies of all kinds.

I realize that you need a target. It's human nature. I could sugar coat things for you but I have decided not to be the one that you lash out at. In times of crisis some people go one way, others go the other way. I need optimism and you do not want that. You want death and misery. 

I'm OK with you're take on things but me it just doesn't matter what you think. You will never change me and if you need a target to throw your rants and fears at............I can handle that also.   Just remember I will take you as you are in the long run. Just check out why States are coming up short. My state is doing fine. I'm sure yours is also.
Confusion?
The DOD is buying supplies for everyone else.

"The Defense Department has established a joint task force to deal with daily requests the department is receiving for medical and personal protective equipment from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the departments of Health and Human Services and Homeland Security, and others."

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Art...ent-needs/

FYI, I was a DOD employee for over 30 years. Pretty sure I know more about it than some rando redneck.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
(04-03-2020, 01:39 PM)Rootilda Wrote: I don't even know where to post this.  Why is Florida so fucked up?

[Image: anMyrHY.png]
We have 400,000 people as of today filing for unemployment. That's probably why Desantis was hesitant to shut everything down. It's hard to have your cake and eat it too.

Where did you get those figures, Biggie?
I just checked...trump wasn't found unresponsive overnight. If he was, it hasn't been reported yet. I will continue to check daily so you don't have to and I look forward to the day I can celebrate his obituary.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I heard he was advised by this wackjob...

(04-04-2020, 01:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Didn't dutch say it was $48,000 for two days and it was actually 90? Math, bitches.
(04-04-2020, 12:02 PM)BigMark Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 01:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Didn't dutch say it was $48,000 for two days and it was actually 90? Math, bitches.

Hard to follow what you're talking about here Biggie.

Duchess asked why the Secret Service spent $45,000 to secure golf carts for this weekend and whether Trump would be golfing.

I guess you're saying the golf cart rental is actually a 3 month contract for $48,000, which averages out to $533 a day?
Okay, I found something.

A new order, signed to execute on April 1, 2020, committed another $45,000 for golf-cart rentals, meaning the grand total (HOTD: of taxpayer dollars spent on golf cart rentals in Trump's presidency so far) has increased to $586,425.

As it became clear Trump would be spending a lot of his free time on the golf course, the Secret Service transitioned from short-term (usually 30-day) contracts to longer-range (more like 6-month) deals.

In addition, the Secret Service has spent at least $500,000 to stay overnight at Trump-owned properties, including Mar-a-Lago and Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J.

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnette...mp-111647/

Thank you, HotD.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-04-2020, 12:50 PM)Duchess Wrote: 33

Thank you, HotD.

') 

I still don't know where Biggie got the information that the new contract is for 3 months (rather than 30 days or 6 months).

But, I think he was trying to point out to you that the $45,000 contract is not for a single weekend.

It's a lot of money, in any case.  Trump's Secret Service and golf-related costs greatly exceed that of any other President and First Family.