Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ELECTION 2020
Must be the majority of "His" stocks are in Military Defense Companies! 
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Where is sleepy Joe?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Where's he supposed to be?
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
(03-20-2020, 04:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: Where is sleepy Joe?

Doing what the lyin' & conniving prez should be doing. Talking to people. Reassuring people. You interested in knowing what the guy you voted for was doing today?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

He's doing video conferencing with reporters,  telling everyone trump sux.

But hey, at least he's stopped licking babies and fondling young girls.
Biden's a very touchy-feely kinda guy, with people of all ages and both genders.  Always has been.

But, even the couple of grown women who came forward to state they felt uncomfortable with it after he announced his candidacy said that they did not consider it sexual in any way.

Attempting to present Joe Biden's compassion and touchiness (as creepy as some may find it) as him being some kind of 'baby fondler' or child molester is asinine.  

There have been no accusations and no evidence whatsoever suggesting that's the case.
pubic ally,
Where is that? Down South?

Har Har
it can get pretty hairy down there
(03-20-2020, 04:09 PM)Carsman Wrote: Must be the majority of "His" stocks are in Military Defense Companies! 

Well Feinsteins stocks are in Mutual's s now. A few other "inside traders" too. Not Trumps, check it out. :-)
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-20-2020, 06:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Biden's a very touchy-feely kinda guy, with people of all ages and both genders.  Always has been.

But, even the couple of grown women who came forward to state they felt uncomfortable with it after he announced his candidacy said that they did not consider it sexual in any way.

Attempting to present Joe Biden's compassion and touchiness (as creepy as some may find it) as him being some kind of 'baby fondler' or child molester is asinine.  

There have been no accusations and no evidence whatsoever suggesting that's the case.
He's probably not a pedo, he's an old fucking tool bag though.
(03-20-2020, 05:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Doing what the lyin' & conniving prez should be doing. Talking to people. Reassuring people. You interested in knowing what the guy you voted for was doing today?
I personally felt way better after listening to him, the old nutter removed a thousand pounds off my shoulders.
(03-20-2020, 09:40 PM)sally Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 06:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Biden's a very touchy-feely kinda guy, with people of all ages and both genders.  Always has been.

He's probably not a pedo, he's an old fucking tool bag though.

Well yeah.........take your fucking pick.  ')

[Image: donald-trump-joe-biden-bernie-sanders.jpg]
I like the old fucking toolbag on the right the best.  

But, there's no rational reason to believe the one in the middle is a pedo.
Three old Farts, too bad some new blood isn't being offered! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(03-21-2020, 08:32 AM)Carsman Wrote: Three old Farts, too bad some new blood isn't being offered! hah

Well, there was more diversity in the Democratic field being offered up, but the people voted for the old farts over the others. 

So what's next in terms of the primaries?

Snip:

"As our country deals with the uncertainty of COVID-19, it is critical that states provide clarity and not confusion, which could lead to disenfranchising voters. In order to ensure the voices of voters are heard, the DNC is urging the remaining primary states to use a variety of other critical mechanisms that will make voting easier and safer for voters and election officials alike.

The simplest tool is vote by mail, which is already in use in a number of states and should be made available to all registered voters," DNC chair Tom Perez said in a statement on Tuesday.

"That's why states that have not yet held primary elections should focus on implementing the aforementioned measures to make it easier and safer for voters to exercise their constitutional right to vote, instead of moving primaries to later in the cycle when timing around the virus remains unpredictable," he added.

But, so far, seven states have postponed their primaries amid coronavirus COVID-19 safety concerns and more are expected to follow suit.  

Story:  https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/states-s...d=69713829
Priorities USA is a Democratic super-pac.

They've released this short ad which features some of President Trump's direct quotes regarding the coronavirus pandemic (which Duchess also posted in another thread).

Well, the Trump/Pence re-election campaign is now sending cease and desist letter to stations running the ad. https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/2017/web...Letter.pdf

Since the ad includes clips of Trump's own quotes, I don't think the cease and desist request holds much water.

In my opinion, Trump treated the virus much too lightly for much too long.  And, he owns all those statements he made; that's just the way it is.

However, I think the quote about the coronavirus being a hoax is misleading.  I understood him to mean that the Democrats' criticism of his handling of the public health crisis was a hoax (not the virus itself).
According to some attorneys I was reading, trump doesn't have a legal leg to stand on for a couple of reasons. The video uses trump's own words in the proper context & he's a public figure. HaHaFuckinHa.
(03-19-2020, 10:38 PM)Rootilda Wrote: We could cut the spending on "Space Force", that would easily cover the cost.

Space Force is safe!   ")

Pelosi is really quite a negotiator.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that she managed to get federal funding to cover a good chunk of the cost for expanding voting options.

She got $400 million in the coronavirus relief legislation, approved by the Senate, for states to put towards extending absentee and mail-in ballots for the November presidential and congressional elections.

To me, voting directly ties to coronavirus funding in that the citizens ought to be able to safely choose who they want to manage the health and economic impacts (and all esle), without delay.

I don't imagine some of the Republican governors and Attorneys General who've routinely tried to suppress voter turn-out will be anxious to use it.  But, they may not have an alternative if the election cannot, constitutionally, be postponed or cancelled and there are still public health concerns.
(03-26-2020, 06:11 AM)Duchess Wrote: According to some attorneys I was reading, trump doesn't have a legal leg to stand on for a couple of reasons. The video uses trump's own words in the proper context & he's a public figure. HaHaFuckinHa.

Yeah, I don't think he's got any legal standing whatsoever to quash the ad campaign.    

In fact, I see that Priorities USA responded to the cease and desist letters by purchasing even more air time.

Priorities USA said that they are expanding their buy into Arizona, with a $600,000 outlay. The ad still running on stations in Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, according to Priorities USA. They already announced a $6 million buy in battleground states.

Guy Cecil, chairman of Priorities USA, said in a statement that “the fact that Trump is going to such great lengths to keep the American people from hearing his own words adds to the urgency of communicating them far and wide.”  https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus...202892924/
Priorities USA & The Lincoln Project has some of the best ads out there. They are powerful! I especially like that the people behind TLP are all republicans or former republicans. It tickles my funny bone.