Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ELECTION 2020
why are your eyeballs too close together
(04-18-2020, 11:52 PM)BigMark Wrote: why are your eyeballs too close together

Why do your eyebrows connect?  ')
(04-18-2020, 10:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: what inspired you to toss out your go-to 'TDS' crap in reply to a post that had absolutely nothing to do with Trump?

TDS. He thinks it only applies to others, not him.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
ha, i trim them
(04-18-2020, 10:21 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: On Friday, State district judge Tim Sulak of Travis County made official his bench ruling from Wednesday to allow voters to request mail-in ballots by citing the disability excuse allowed in the Texas election code.

I was thinking that TDS was a disease but now think it's a virus and a credible reason for disability.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-19-2020, 12:07 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 10:21 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: On Friday, State district judge Tim Sulak of Travis County made official his bench ruling from Wednesday to allow voters to request mail-in ballots by citing the disability excuse allowed in the Texas election code.

I was thinking that TDS was a disease but now think it's a virus and a credible reason for disability.

Ah, I see.  I'm not sure that would fly though. 

TDS is not proven to exist and one amateur partisan's diagnosis of 'TDS' is another's diagnosis of 'realistic'.   

Anyway, I really do hope every U.S. citizen has the option to easily vote by mail come November, no disability or excuse required.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Texas court case.
I see no reason why poeple should be prevented from voting absentee.
I don't mind as long as there is proper identification like a tax ID or something from the town they are in. i don't like how easy it may become to just fill out a form and mail it though. What's next online voting?
On-line voting options are probably next and would be great, but I can't imagine that happening for a very long time.  Too much risk of hacking (domestically and internationally) with our current state of cyber security.
Awesome new ad. 

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It only goes to show what 2 months can do. It's estimated that 15-20% people are not working but that means that 80-85% are. Nothing that was done by the President is to blame for the economy. The blame lays squarely on the virus that has hit the world. Say what you will but the economy will come back and the U.S.A. with the best economy (thank God!) will be helping other countries. As usual. Maybe if Trudeau opens Canada's borders to immigration we could too. Maybe even Mexico. But until then here we are.

If some states would stop using this virus as a way to fix their pension problems in their budgets maybe they would consider opening dollar store, haircuts, doing nails again, simple things that can open, maybe then things in the economy will turn around but don't let CNN hear that. They have other plans. As do the Democrats. There's an election coming up ya know. Smiley_emoticons_wink
You've got that backwards, bitch. It's McConnell that wants the states to declare bankruptcy to avoid paying pensions. McConnell is a Republican.

Gov. J.B. Pritzker not on board with Sen. Mitch McConnell’s support of states declaring bankruptcy to get out of pension debt

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/...story.html
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
(04-23-2020, 01:44 AM)Rootilda Wrote: You've got that backwards, bitch.  It's McConnell that wants the states to declare bankruptcy to avoid paying pensions.  McConnell is a Republican.

Gov. J.B. Pritzker not on board with Sen. Mitch McConnell’s support of states declaring bankruptcy to get out of pension debt

Yep, that was McConnell's suggestion.

And, Mags, your advocacy for opening up businesses that provide simple services like hair and nails...........aligns with that of Governor Kemp of Georgia.

However, even President Trump 'strongly disagrees' with you and him (at least for today).  Trump said today that it was too soon for Georgia to green-light the re-opening of businesses that require such close contact.  https://newschannel9.com/news/local/pres...-to-reopen
(04-23-2020, 01:57 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 01:44 AM)Rootilda Wrote: You've got that backwards, bitch.  It's McConnell that wants the states to declare bankruptcy to avoid paying pensions.  McConnell is a Republican.

Yep, that was McConnell's suggestion.

And, Mags, your advocacy for opening up businesses that provide simple services like hair and nails...........aligns with that of Governor Kemp of Georgia.

However, even President Trump 'strongly disagrees' with you and him (at least for today).  Trump said today that it was too soon for Georgia to green-light the re-opening of businesses that require such close contact.  https://newschannel9.com/news/local/pres...-to-reopen

Finally Donald has said something most will agree with!

From "6" feet apart approach, to "direct" contact!! TOO SOON for that!

If they do start, the infection rate surely will spike, but now at least there may be ventilators available. (And maybe not)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Will Biden take Mrs. Obama as a running mate?
(04-23-2020, 09:20 AM)Maggot Wrote: Will Biden take Mrs. Obama as a running mate?

Only if she has her "own ventilator!!  hah  hah  hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I heard she has quite a set of lungs and can be heard from all the way across the white house.
Did she have to pull the sheets out?
What comes from the depths of hell?

[Image: 220px-Carnac.jpg]
Vote-by-Mail Update

As discussed upthread, providing options for U.S. citizens to vote safely in a pandemic year is a big issue for election officials and politicians.

Allowing vote-by-mail with no excuse/justification required (or simply making 'infection concerns' a valid justification) is the option with the most traction heading into November's general election, along with curbside drop-off of completed ballots. 

It would dramatically cut down on the number of voters going to polls at the same time to cast their ballots, thereby allowing more effective social distancing and infection control/prevention measures at those locations.

It's good to read that more and more states are preparing to follow the wide-scale vote-by-mail processes already in place in several states.

(continued)