Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ELECTION 2020
(10-16-2020, 09:24 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Yeah, poor Trump. He's so abused, you'd think it wasn't his job to answer the hard questions.

Quote:He quickly lashed out at CNN's Abby Phillip when she asked if the new interim Attorney General would try to rein in Robert Mueller's investigation. Trump responded in a vicious tone, "What a stupid question. What a stupid question. But I watch you a lot and you ask a lot of stupid questions."

April Ryan hadn't even asked a question and Trump went off on her:
Quote:Trump: "The same thing with April Ryan...You talk about somebody that's a loser. She doesn't know what the hell she's doing...She's very nasty, and she shouldn't be."

This seems like a reasonable question during a pandemic that's killed hundreds of thousands of people in this country:
Quote:“Millions, as you witnessed, who are scared right now. What do you say Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?”

“I say that you’re a terrible reporter, that’s what I say. . . . I think that’s a very nasty question and I think it’s a very bad signal that you’re putting out to the American people.

Are these from the town hall? Or press briefings?
I didn't watch any town halls yet, busy week, I will try to catch them this week-just for entertainmen value of course.

There has been a massive turnout for early voting. 24.8 million Americans have cast their vote, at this time in 2016 there were only 2.3 million votes cast. Good job, Americans!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
This election may be the biggest turnout yet.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-17-2020, 01:01 AM)MirahM Wrote: Are these from the town hall? Or press briefings?
I didn't watch any town halls yet, busy week, I will try to catch them this week-just for entertainment value of course.

Press briefings, I didn't want to subject myself to his town hall bellowing. And they weren't hard to find, he's very unprofessional and insulting and no, he isn't merely defending himself like Sally suggested.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
Looks like many people got a few ballots.........

ballots

About 372,000 requests were rejected, as reported by ProPublica on Friday, largely because many of them, about 90%, were duplicates. Overall, one out of every five requests for mail-in ballots are being rejected, according to the publication.

The main reason? Many people who voted during the June primaries may have already checked a box to request a mail-in ballot for the November election.
(10-17-2020, 01:02 PM)Maggot Wrote: Looks like many people got a few ballots.........

ballots

About 372,000 requests were rejected, as reported by ProPublica on Friday, largely because many of them, about 90%, were duplicates. Overall, one out of every five requests for mail-in ballots are being rejected, according to the publication.

The main reason? Many people who voted during the June primaries may have already checked a box to request a mail-in ballot for the November election.

So the process is working as it should. That's great news!
Hopefully other states are vigilant.
(10-17-2020, 01:02 PM)Maggot Wrote: Looks like many people got a few ballots.........

ballots

Your summation is the exact opposite of the quote you provided.
(10-17-2020, 07:59 AM)Duchess Wrote: There has been a massive turnout for early voting. 24.8 million Americans have cast their vote, at this time in 2016 there were only 2.3 million votes cast. Good job, Americans!

(10-17-2020, 12:53 PM)Maggot Wrote: This election may be the biggest turnout yet.
Maggot wrote:

The problems will occur when the final tally winds up being 954,333,200,001 greater then the total population of America! hah Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Do you ever feel optimistic, Cars? 
That was an attempt at levity! 22

In actuality, I'm more optimistic then not. 

OkayOkay. Jeez. I only asked because you've sounded conflicted & pessimistic.
(10-17-2020, 07:54 PM)Duchess Wrote: OkayOkay. Jeez. I only asked because you've sounded conflicted & pessimistic.

Yeah I'm conflicted, I don't like either halfwit running for POTUS, having to settle, does that make me pessimistic?
Disgusted, yes.
(in my original post, I ended it with a smiley.
  Smiley_emoticons_biggrin )

Cars, did you see any of Biden's latest town hall? I thought he did exceptionally well. Take a look on youtube, you don't even need to watch the whole thing. He knew his shit, expressed his thoughts and plans for the future well and continued to take and answer questions from the audience even after the camera crew had shut down and left. He's definitely not a halfwit.
Good thing he had a teleprompter. I watched it for a bit and it sure looked like he was reading scripted answers on scripted questions. 

[Image: Biden-Teleprompter-in-MN.jpg]

Believe what you want but he is in no shape to hold a conversation with anyone alone.
(10-18-2020, 02:53 PM)Maggot Wrote: Believe what you want but he is in no shape to hold a conversation with anyone alone.

*ahem* Given your unshakable support of the intellectual wasteland that is trump I'm not so sure we can trust your judgement when it comes to someone's ability to communicate coherently.
I don't know where that's from but it's not from his town hall. Notice the Gardner banner on the wall? Why would ABC have that up in their studio. And if you had actually watched the latest town hall, you can clearly see Biden looking up into the audience and directly speaking to the person asking him questions.

Jesus, man. Use your brain.
(10-18-2020, 03:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 02:53 PM)Maggot Wrote: Believe what you want but he is in no shape to hold a conversation with anyone alone.

*ahem* Given your unshakable support of the intellectual wasteland that is trump I'm not so sure we can trust your judgement when it comes to someone's ability to communicate coherently.
Don Jr retweeted that photo so what does that tell you.
And another thing! Trump is always belittling Biden for using a teleprompter and his idiot followers echo him like the brainless toadies they are but...

[Image: XE7V3Rz.png]