Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
how does your garden grow?
We've got 3 of these bad boys growing in our backyard. Lilies, I think?

[Image: 508d701e60.jpg]
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

They are iris, babe.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Glad you're around..I don't plant'em, or grow'em...just take the pictures! All I know on these things, is that my wife bought them, not knowing what color they were gonna be...but she's tickled pink (or purple, as the case may be), as her favorite color is purple, and all 3 of them are the same!

Edit: One thing that is my job is weeding...and that motherfucking thing I've got circled in red is a pain in my ass. Those fucking things have deep roots, and can grow anywhere. Worst weed ever, IMO

[Image: 8c7e58fa44.jpg]
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

They will multiply as they grow, Kid. They spread and it will only be a matter of time before she can divide her plants & have more.
I hope you're talking about the Iris, and not the fucking weed (check my edit)! I know those sonsofbitches multiply like rabbits in heat.

my rhodies are finally blooming. they are at least 40' tall.
see the fat bee? Smiley_emoticons_smile
the little green plants are strawberries. i never get any because some furry critters eat them. even with the netting i throw over them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gif   gardening.gif (Size: 13.6 KB / Downloads: 42)

Final veggie planting going on as I type thi...corn, and peas...a few things planed earlier in the week have started to sprout..but far from picture worthy. Unfortunately, watermelon plant already has appeared to have died..it's just gotten too cold here at night, methinks. This spring (or lack thereof) has been fucking brutal.

peas should be planted in very early spring, they can handle the cold and actually are much sweeter if planted at the right time of the year.

Build tents to protect your vine plants when they are small, clear plastic and a little bit of wood or wire, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

lmao @ "wtf is wrong with you"

Not my gig man, I just dig the dirt, and set up the watering shit...other than that, it's the wifeys show.

Edit: It's also her second year of doing this...it's defo a learning process.

If you build the tents you can jump start your garden vines by a few weeks. the very best though is a green house that has a small buckeye wood stove in it, you can get a month or more start on all of your plants except corn.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

One question I want to ask though..Ants..good for the garden, or no?

To me, I would think they'd help aerate the soil, however, the wifey is gettin pretty tore up with bites while planting. If I need to get rid of them..what product would you recommend that's safe for veggies (and the humans that are going to eat them)

Ants are not beneficial garden bugs.

get some chickens to turn loose on your garden spot in the spring let them turn ,fertilize and de bug the spot for a couple of weeks before planting.

get rid of the ants. put a few low containers out filled with sugar water, let them little fuckers drown and attract the bee's to pollinate at the same time.
John Adams

A praying mantis is a gardeners friend. They are lil' badasses.

Praying mantis is a great predator bug, they are very beneficial, but they move on when the food source is gone. lady bugs are also very beneficial, they eat aphids.
John Adams

Well shit..no way in hell I'm gonna get chickens, and the planting has already started so it's too late to treat the soil? I was kind of hoping that ants would be beneficial in some aspect.

Guess I'll just keep the wifey stocked up with calamine lotion to treat the bites hah

Spray the ground with soapy water, make it a living hell for the ants, they may just take off on their own.
John Adams

(06-03-2011, 02:57 PM)thekid65 Wrote: Well shit..no way in hell I'm gonna get chickens

You don't want to be the first on your street to have yard birds? 113

I live in I-dee-ho..believe me, Roosters and chickens are a-plenty.

The soapy water wont hurt the veggies (most of which are just now sprouting), Dick?

No it won't hurt the plants, I always used Ivory soap flakes just dissolve them and spray it on the ground, you can actually spray the plants to help fight aphid infestation.

some flowering plants like marigolds also help keep pests out. plant them in between the plants at 5 0r 6 foot intervals.
John Adams

more of my rhodies. Smiley_emoticons_smile
and one of 2 very tall large Japanese maples.
and a sage plant that spent all winter under a snowbank, i was very surprised to see it return.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)