Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
how does your garden grow?
(09-05-2011, 06:32 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i suddenly have tons of red ripe tomatoes, nearly overnight Smiley_emoticons_hurra3 i have to eat them! i don't do canning. i have thousands of damn cucumbers and all these tomatoes, agghhhhhh

[Image: tomato-1.jpg]

Have you ever ate a cucumber sandwich with mayo? They taste great! It's a southern thing! Smiley_emoticons_smile
(09-05-2011, 06:32 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i suddenly have tons of red ripe tomatoes, nearly overnight Smiley_emoticons_hurra3 i have to eat them! i don't do canning. i have thousands of damn cucumbers and all these tomatoes, agghhhhhh

Have you ever ate a cucumber sandwich with mayo? They taste great! It's a southern thing! Smiley_emoticons_smile

no, never had a cuke sandwich. Smiley_emoticons_smile
but i still have so many!! and lots of tomatoes.

hey my pickle-packing friend Maggot, i'm picking apples now. macs and granny smiths.
i'm going to have to start making apple goodies. i need a cider press.

oh i love September!

[Image: picking_apples.gif]

[Image: Apples.gif]

[Image: apples.gif]

i have nearly an acre, all abutting woods/forest. my entire yard looks like this! hahahahaha a big pumpkin patch! it is covered in pumpkin vines! i have already put a few big ones in the basement, they were getting some rot where they lay on the ground. come on Halloween! [Image: Jack-O-Lantern.jpg]

[Image: pumpkin_patch.jpg?1222615196]

he cheats! Smiley_emoticons_razz hah

Harrogate Autumn Flower Show

It was enough to bring a tear to every gardener’s eye yesterday as pensioner Peter Glazebrook set a new record for the world’s heaviest onion.

The monster vegetable tipped the scales at 17lbs 15 and a half ounces - breaking the previous world record of 16lbs 8.37 ounces held by John Sifford, of the West Midlands, since 2005.

He currently holds three other world records - heaviest potato, heaviest parsnip, and longest beetroot.

[Image: article-2038439-0DED700F00000578-502_634x401.jpg]

[Image: article-2038439-0DED2EC000000578-909_634x488.jpg]

[Image: article-2038439-0DED0CC200000578-121_634x425.jpg]

[Image: article-2038439-0DECE89200000578-732_634x420.jpg]

wow! i have never seen a crop of peppers come in in October like this. i have so many! green and red, picked a dozen today. they are huge and firm, i have to do something with them. tomorrow is going to be stuffed peppers for sure. even so...sheesh. i hate cutting them up and freezing them. but i have to, or use them all this week.
and the damn things will be so expensive in stores later.

Maggot, did you grow any this year?

[Image: Early_Thickset_Hybrid_Pepper.jpg]

(10-16-2011, 06:39 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: wow! i have never seen a crop of peppers come in in October like this. i have so many! green and red, picked a dozen today. they are huge and firm, i have to do something with them. tomorrow is going to be stuffed peppers for sure. even so...sheesh. i hate cutting them up and freezing them. but i have to, or use them all this week.
and the damn things will be so expensive in stores later.

Maggot, did you grow any this year?

I did but they came out like my tomato plants. I did take all the green ones in and they are turning red slowly good enough for spaghetti sauce. My peppers only flowered. Next year will be different God willing.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
because of hurricane irene and a wet summer, my pumpkin crop was decimated. most rotted on the ground. :(

these are what i saved, the larger one is about 40 lbs.
he'll be a jack-o-lantern.
assuming the squirrels don't eat them. little rat buggers.

[Image: pumpkin2011003.jpg]

[Image: pumpkin2011002.jpg]

(10-17-2011, 04:29 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: because of hurricane irene and a wet summer, my pumpkin crop was decimated. most rotted on the ground. :(

these are what i saved, the larger one is about 40 lbs.
he'll be a jack-o-lantern.
assuming the squirrels don't eat them. little rat buggers.

Ah-Ha!!! Now they are rat-buggers!!! hah I just knew they would piss you off!
they're only rat buggers when they eat my pumpkins. hahahahaha
TazTazTazTazTazFlamethowerFlamethower

As you lay in bed and just before sleep brings you to that land of dreams know this, that chewing sound is not elves in your attic checking the insulation density in the attic, thats the cute little "freinds" that are pissed that you forgot to feed them. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(10-17-2011, 06:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: As you lay in bed and just before sleep brings you to that land of dreams

...is when my brains screams, "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE".

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-17-2011, 06:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-17-2011, 06:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: As you lay in bed and just before sleep brings you to that land of dreams

...is when my brains screams, "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE".

Narcolepsy is like that, so never parachute out of a plane. hah

Plane .....you....together.....flying.
Wasnme

holy tree rats!

this is a wasp nest i just saw yesterday in one of my front yard trees. i have nothing for scale, but that fucker is twice the size of a regulation basketball! i need a flamethower! then i'd probably set the whole place on fire.
[Image: Overkill.gif]

[Image: wasp003.jpg]

[Image: wasp001.jpg]

That's how deep your snow will be this winter.
the deer ate ALL my apples! not just on the ground, off the trees. i usually save a big bin for them for after it snows, but don't have any left.

[Image: 102011.jpg]

Aww, your deer still have their spots, they are gone on my babies.

I know what you mean about them eating all the fruit, all of my fruit trees look like umbrellas. Smiley_emoticons_slash
that's not my photo, i can't take credit. it's just a generic pic of the dear deer stealing all my apples! hahaha Deer

it's annoying, i have to BUY apples when i have 2 apple trees! Taz
i've been craving fresh crisp Fall apples. need a farmstand.

[Image: 1010p138-apples-l.jpg?400:400]