Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
DEATH ROW--death penalty in America
(01-29-2013, 08:21 PM)ramseycat Wrote: JFC I'm sick of the race card. She murdered 3 people! Execute the bitch.

I don't like it either but her attorney would be remiss if he didn't at least try.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
There was another classmate of mine that went on a 3 state crime spree, killing a security guard at an adult book store in Ohio. 2 charges of attempted murder against police officers, and multiple other charges. He, and his accessories to crime were on a 3 or 4 day cocaine binge and needed more money for more cocaine. He is now on death row in Ohio.

I remember the bus letting us off right in front of his house, and some of us would hang out there in the hopes of getting his sister to give us ciggs. We all thought there was something creepy about him. He never made it past the 9th grade in high school.

I posted this in a thread on here about 4 years ago^^^

Here he is...he will be put to death in Ohio next week. I still can't believe I know not only one, but two people on death row.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/water...-container
(03-01-2013, 11:53 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I still can't believe I know not only one, but two people on death row.

Several people from my high school class died really young in freak accidents (plus 2 overdoses), but I don't know of anyone who's killed someone else or been killed intentionally by someone else.

Gotta be really weird to read about people you knew doing such evil shit and being put to death.
(03-03-2013, 11:37 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 11:53 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I still can't believe I know not only one, but two people on death row.

Several people from my high school class died really young in freak accidents (plus 2 overdoses), but I don't know of anyone who's killed someone else or been killed intentionally by someone else.

Gotta be really weird to read about people you knew doing such evil shit and being put to death.

I know two people who are currently serving time in jail for sex crimes against minors. Smiley_emoticons_kotz
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-03-2013, 11:37 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

It's really weird HotD. The other person I don't personally know, but he killed his mom and dad (I worked with his dad) and somehow got away with it. He was only 17 and blew them away in their bed before school one morning. A few years later he killed 4 more people, including his brother because he heard them talking about him downstairs.

I worked beside a woman who took her two kids to Disneyworld for one last hurrah and then killed them in the hotel room because she thought her ex was molesting them. She's serving a life sentence in Kissimmee, FL.

I worked with a woman whose son was killed in a love triangle.

I graduated with a girl whose husband killed her and their 3 kids in the basement execution style.

I think that's all.
Damn F2. That's a disturbing story.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-03-2013, 07:18 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: It's really weird HotD. The other person I don't personally know, but he killed his mom and dad (I worked with his dad) and somehow got away with it. He was only 17 and blew them away in their bed before school one morning. A few years later he killed 4 more people, including his brother because he heard them talking about him downstairs.

I worked beside a woman who took her two kids to Disneyworld for one last hurrah and then killed them in the hotel room because she thought her ex was molesting them. She's serving a life sentence in Kissimmee, FL.

I graduated with a girl whose husband killed her and their 3 kids in the basement execution style.

I think that's all.

Jesus, that's a lot. Too many severely screwed up people running around. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I can wrap my head around killing a spouse or an ex or a rival. Though it's fucked up, I understand why it happens. But, it's near impossible for me to comprehend what goes on in people's heads when they decide to kill their own children (especially when they don't take their own lives).
(03-04-2013, 11:41 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 07:18 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: It's really weird HotD. The other person I don't personally know, but he killed his mom and dad (I worked with his dad) and somehow got away with it. He was only 17 and blew them away in their bed before school one morning. A few years later he killed 4 more people, including his brother because he heard them talking about him downstairs.

I think that's all.

Jesus, that's a lot. Too many severely screwed up people running around. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I can wrap my head around killing a spouse or an ex or a rival. Though it's fucked up, I understand why it happens. But, it's near impossible for me to comprehend what goes on in people's heads when they decide to kill their own children (especially when they don't take their own lives).

I forgot to mention where he did kill himself after the rest of the family. I can't wrap my brain around killing kids either. My first thoughts are always of whats going through a kids head and the terror of whats happening to them.

The other guy on DR for killing his parents and the other 4 has schizophrenia, so at least there's some explanation for his madness.

The one that's going to die on Wednesday is just plain evil. I can't fucking believe I used to play at his house (never alone). He was creepy as fuck way back then, but we were hanging with his sister and didn't pay much attention to him.
I read an article about him in the local paper where he would put light bulbs in his victims mouths, put tape over their mouth and then punch them and break the bulb. When the detectives asked him why he did that, he said because it amused him. WTF???
(01-29-2013, 07:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:

She got a reprieve -

State District Judge Larry Mitchell, in Dallas, rescheduled Kimberly McCarthy's punishment for April 3 so lawyers for the former nursing home therapist could have more time to pursue an appeal focused on whether her predominantly white jury was improperly selected on the basis of race. McCarthy is black.

I don't normally quote myself but...

...I hope they get the job done this time.

On Wednesday, barring a reprieve, Kimberly McCarthy will become the 500th convicted killer in Texas to receive a lethal injection.
Done.

Garbage was taken out by Texas earlier this evening.

Bye bye asshole!
(06-26-2013, 10:25 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Done.

Good riddance!

Kimberly McCarthy, who was put to death for the murder of her 71-year-old neighbor, was also the first woman executed in the U.S. in nearly three years.

She was pronounced dead at 6:37 p.m. CDT, 20 minutes after Texas prison officials began administering a single lethal dose of pentobarbital.

In her final statement, McCarthy did not mention her status as the 500th inmate to be executed or acknowledge Booth or her family.

"This is not a loss. This is a win. You know where I'm going. I'm going home to be with Jesus. Keep the faith. I love you all," she said, while looking toward her witnesses – her attorney, her spiritual adviser and her ex-husband, New Black Panther Party founder Aaron Michaels.

[Image: hill_244x183.jpg]
Warren Hill

The NAACP is trying to block Monday's scheduled execution of a Georgia inmate set to die for killing another prisoner.

The state president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Edward DuBose, says Warren Hill is mentally disabled and shouldn't be put to death.

The group held rallies in Albany and other cities on Friday, and it's planning vigils on Monday asking Gov. Nathan Deal to block the execution.

Hill was serving a life sentence for killing his girlfriend when he was sentenced to die for the 1990 beating death of a fellow inmate.

The U.S. Supreme Court determined in 2002 executing mentally retarded inmates to be unconstitutional. But in Georgia, intellectual disability must be proven “beyond a reasonable doubt,” one of the strictest standards of its kind in the nation.

Hill's lawyers have long argued that he's mentally disabled and shouldn't be put to death.

Earlier this year, the three experts the state used to prove Hill was competent to stand trial came forward to say they were mistaken. The doctors — two psychiatrists and a psychologist — had previously testified that Hill was faking his mental disabilities. They described their evaluations of Hill more than a decade ago as rush jobs.

The 11th Circuit granted him a stay in February until the new evidence for Hill’s mental disability could be considered. The news came less than an hour before Hill was to be put to death.

Then, in April, the court decided that Hill’s mental retardation claim was the same it had already rejected, despite the changed opinions of doctors and other mental health experts who now say Hill is incompetent to stand trial.

The state says Hill's mental disability hasn't been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
How do you prove or disprove categorically that someone is truly mentally disabled or not?

Its like if someone says they have a bad back.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
He's murdered two people. One while in prison. How is keeping him alive IN prison going to make a difference? He is competent enough to kill someone, stand trial, be convicted, and the put in prison. But he's not competent to face the ultimate penalty? That's wrong.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I think it all depends on what the guy he killed in prison did. He might have done the world a big favor.

I'm being somewhat facetious but a guy around here who ran over and killed a local girl while driving drunk (repeat offender) was killed within weeks of arriving at San Quentin. I applauded.
Commando Cunt Queen
Does he fully understand the full implications of the death penalty? That's what I'd want to know.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(07-14-2013, 12:34 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Does he fully understand the full implications of the death penalty? That's what I'd want to know.

It might be more humane if he didn't. The irony.
Commando Cunt Queen
(07-14-2013, 12:19 PM)username Wrote: I think it all depends on what the guy he killed in prison did. He might have done the world a big favor.

I'm being somewhat facetious but a guy around here who ran over and killed a local girl while driving drunk (repeat offender) was killed within weeks of arriving at San Quentin. I applauded.

So we stick a Medal on him and put his ass in the chair for the original murder and be done with it.
(07-14-2013, 12:06 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: How do you prove or disprove categorically that someone is truly mentally disabled or not?

Its like if someone says they have a bad back.

It is somewhat subjective, but consistent results rendered by the evaluations and testing of different doctors (with no vested interest) is typically considered the closest to objective measurement.

All of the government doctors who've evaluated Hill and tested him conclude that he is mentally disabled/retarded.

Even those who testified at his trial that they believed he was faking it, later testified that upon further evaluation, they found that not to be the case.

Warren Hill's IQ is 70. He has been found by a court to be mentally retarded.

The Supreme Court ruled that mentally disabled/retarded persons can not be executed. But, it's up to the individual states to set their own standards for implementing that stricture.

Georgia set the strictest standard in the country: "a prisoner appealing a death sentence on grounds of mental retardation must prove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that he is in fact retarded." No other state has such a strict standard; other states typically require "a preponderance of evidence" pointing to mental disability.

Today, Hill's attorneys are trying another strategy to save his life; objecting to the secrecy of the drugs which will be used in his lethal injection and contending that they may cause suffering consistent with cruel and unusual punishment. It's an interesting story/strategy; here's that story:
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arch...ug/277776/
No, sorry I am not comfortable with executing retarded people I don't care what they've done.

I am interested in justice not vengeance at any cost.