Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+

It feels like 119 outside already, it will easily raise ten more degrees by the time the sun goes down. I'm sweating like a horse and I just got out of the pool.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-02-2012, 07:10 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Jesus christ the whole country is sweating like a nigger trying to read.

That was fucking hilarious.
Friday
map is the morning temps.

(CNN) -- Another day of blistering heat, and for hundreds of thousands, no power.

That's the expectation Friday, when thermometers once again teeter above the 100-degree mark, from St. Louis to Baltimore and many communities in between.

More than 549,000 customers had no power Thursday night in 11 states and the District of Columbia, officials said.

[Image: us_wxhi1_large_usen_600.jpg]

i finally reached my sister Wednesday, in Maryland. she had been w/o power since Sunday, which was her twin girls' birthday. it was sweltering of course, and she lost a hundred-year-old tulip tree in storms. she was in a foul miserable mood, and i don't blame her!
she never really understood what i endured in florida 'canes, now she does. awful suffering with no power in the heat, it is dangerous. people die.
try to stay cool friends!

[Image: sprinkler.gif]

I didn't know whether to post this in Your Daily Weather Report or Favorite Jokes. Since it's SO HOT I chose this one.

IT'S SO HOT .....

.....the birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.
.....the trees are whistling for the dogs.
.....the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance
.....hot water comes from both taps.
.....you can make sun tea instantly.
.....you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
.....the temperature drops below 90 F and you feel a little chilly.
.....you discover that in July it only takes two fingers to steer your car (one on each hand).
.....you discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.
.....you actually burn your hand opening the car door.
.....you break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 5:30 A.M.
.....your biggest motorcycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death"?
.....you realize that asphalt has a liquid stage.
.....the potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter.
.....the cows are giving evaporated milk.
.....farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.
Thank god your sister is ok LC! Hot and sweltering for sure but otherwise unscathed.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
8th straight day over 90F today. Right now it's a staggering 102F. Just got back from the pool. Unbelievable summer so far!
for Cracker hah

[Image: mike-070612.jpg]

Hahahaha. No shit.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Well look at that...Sunny and warm in SD. Looks like a comfortable 70's or so once again...

AAHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GETmethefuckoutahereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is how hot it's been around here. The planes tires sank into the melted tarmac at Reagan National airport.

[Image: large.jpeg]
68 degrees and a north wind of the lake. Clear blue skies and the ac is off. FINALLY!!!!!! Now all we need is some rain.
(07-09-2012, 07:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:

This is how hot it's been around here. The planes tires sank into the melted tarmac at Reagan National airport.

[Image: large.jpeg]

Juesus fucking christ. This does not fill me to the brim with confidence.
awful for farmers! and of course prices will rise for corn etc.

[Image: 120713062626-usda-drought-map-story-top.jpg]

(CNN) -- A severe drought is spreading across the Midwest this summer, resulting in some of the worst conditions in decades and leaving more than a thousand counties designated as natural disaster areas, authorities said.

Farmers in the region are suffering, with pastures for livestock and fields of crops becoming increasingly parched during June, according to the National Climatic Data Center. Many areas in the southern Midwest are reporting the poorest conditions for June since 1988.

The farmers' difficulties come amid a record-setting level of hot, dry weather across the nation.

As of Tuesday, about 61% of the contiguous United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico) was experiencing drought conditions, the highest percentage in the 12-year record of the U.S. Drought Monitor.

Unusually high temperatures and little rainfall over the past week have led to "widespread deterioration and expansion of dryness and drought" in the Midwest, northwestern Ohio Valley and southern Great Plains, the drought monitor said.

Oh dear! How awful!
Hotter than a Mofo here and no relief in sight. I am getting a little annoyed. Upstate summers used to be so pleasant. Warm and sunny. Hardly any humidity. Plenty of rain to keep everything green. Now it's like a freakin swamp. Hot muggy hazy and everything is brown.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
It'd be nice to do yard work, only the yard is like straw. It hasn't needed mowed since right after memorial day. Its supposed to rain tomorrow and Sunday but I doubt it. They've been saying that for weeks.
(07-13-2012, 12:04 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Upstate summers used to be so pleasant.

You guys who refer to that area as upstate kill me. Hahaha.
(07-13-2012, 12:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 12:04 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Upstate summers used to be so pleasant.

You guys who refer to that area as upstate kill me. Hahaha.

How come? It's always been called Upstate since I moved here. Probably because we are up state from NYC.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-13-2012, 12:48 PM)ramseycat Wrote: How come?

Because I was born & raised in upstate NY...on the Canadian border. The North Country.
Another 100+ deree day today and again tomorrow. 23 straight days in the 90's as of tomorrow, most of those above 95.
6/10" of rain since before memorial day.
The leaves are starting to fall off the trees here.

We're beyond the dog days of summer and they're not even here yet..hah

[Image: 394596_10151029206149236_381243927_n.jpg]