Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
After reading today's posts I have several issues. First of all, where has Lisa's sister been during all of this? Secondly, why so many mixed messages from Johnny's mother, I know she is distraught, but this seems more than that? Why did she wait unit almost 3 hours after recieving that first phone call and him not answering, I would have gone right away. Also, where has Unknown been today, I like his insights. Also, since I am familiar with the area I also agree that this neighborhood is upper class, very nice and quiet no crimes. My 2 cents...i don't think this was random, but an act of opportunity bc of something gone wrong. I also do not think the perps planted the evidene, I dont think they were smart enough for that nor had they planned the murder hence the sloppy use of bags and tape. Im not quite sure what I think of her being found topless...if they were getting ready to walk out the door to pick up Tiffany she would have been dressed not just getting out of the shower.
i have yet to hear any mention of looking at home surveillance cameras, if in fact there are any in the neighborhood.

i'm also curious about the key with the #544 found under her body, as well as the centeral security documents.

LC you can probably best explain as to why if the bodies were discovered on 131 why wasn't it until 24 that a search of the home was conducted, could any evidence be potentially tampered with during that time?
Unknown was here and posted today LT.

as for the key, i'd need to see the type it was. could be anything.

if there were cameras, you can be sure LE has the tapes.

i don't know when searches were done. i am sure scene was sealed right away so nobody would be in there tampering.
perhaps you are thinking of warrants obtained to seize computers, etc.?

Here's an excert from the blade posted on 2/4...the part i'm questioning is why the baggies, lighter, etc. were noticed 3 days after the murders.

Search uncovers evidence at Springfield Twp. murder scene
Friday, February 04, 2011

...The gruesome discovery launched a major investigation into who killed the young couple and why. Today, investigators also discovered on the kitchen floor white baggie pieces, a light blue lighter and a Ziploc bag. On various kitchen countertops, there were a digital scale, two knives and central security documents.

The items were seized -- taken as evidence -- during a search of the home owned by Lisa Straub's parents. They were on a cruise at the time of the killings.

The list goes on, showing, in the master bedroom, investigators took dinars, currency of Iraq and other countries. Throughout the house, they gathered DNA swabs.

They also found a key with 5-4-4 stamped on it under the body of Lisa Straub. The warrant also describes black/pink interband pants under Straub's neck. Her wrists were taped together, but not her ankles. Clarke's ankles were taped up.

Today, investigators also discovered on the kitchen floor white baggie pieces, a light blue lighter and a Ziploc bag. On various kitchen countertops, there were a digital scale, two knives and central security documents.

this may well be poor reporting. i've seen plenty of that. OR they did not seize anything until a judge signed warrants. they just left it there in sealed crime scene.

(02-05-2011, 06:29 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(02-05-2011, 06:27 PM)shitstorm Wrote: I don't know about you guys but I never like hearing stuff like, "he's getting his life straightened around". One of life's big red flags.

my favorite is he's turning his life around, getting his GED and is an aspiring rapper.

BWAAAAAAAAAA

+ 1

hah
(02-05-2011, 06:29 PM)pinkyfloyd Wrote:
(02-05-2011, 06:05 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Mom says "house sitting"

i just listened again and yes, about two minutes in on the first call, mom does say "house sitting" however she did say before that they live there with her parents.

technically, since the parents were away, the two of them were house sitting. i see this as a little nitpicky, i don't personally feel the mom had anything to do with anything any more than tiffany did.

mom is upset, has heart issues, thinks something has happened to her son. i'd say she's allowed a little leeway with semantics, it's not like she turned her story around 180 degrees or anything.

-pink

I wasn't implying the mom is involved. I just question whether Johnny actually lived with the Straubs or was just there while they were on vacation.
(02-05-2011, 08:50 PM)curious Wrote: i have yet to hear any mention of looking at home surveillance cameras, if in fact there are any in the neighborhood.

i'm also curious about the key with the #544 found under her body, as well as the centeral security documents.

LC you can probably best explain as to why if the bodies were discovered on 131 why wasn't it until 24 that a search of the home was conducted, could any evidence be potentially tampered with during that time?

I'm glad you brought those things up. I wondered about them when I read it but forgot about it.

I thought the key sounded significant. And, what the hell are central security documents, anyway? Does that refer to a home security system? Better writing at the newspaper would have explained that. I also don't know what interband pants are. I Googled and got nothing. It sort of sounds like she may have been strangled with them.
(02-05-2011, 06:33 PM)pinkyfloyd Wrote:
(02-05-2011, 06:10 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Next FB post down, Mom says she saw him in the basement.

from my recollection, 911 operator quotes mom as saying she saw them in the basement.

again, i think this is all nitpicky. this mom is hysterical, she knows her son well enough to know that something very bad is right in the process of happening, and she is helpless to do anything. i don't think the specific semantics of what mom says on three frantic 911 calls is as important as the general message.

-pink

Yeah, it's nitpicking. It's what I do. The mother said that (not the 911 operator) and I just thought it was a little weird. I totally agree she had every right to be unhinged. I can't imagine a worse nightmare.

Now, speaking of nitpicking, and someone else mentioned this, the fact that Tiffany told the mom that she had been by the house and it looked ransacked is very fishy. What's up with that?
(02-05-2011, 05:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Jcat, DCTim, Shitstorm, i am making you members now, and thank you for your contributions. if you'd like to do an intro thread, that would be great, so other members can say hello. (some are mean though hah )

post an intro here: http://mockforums.net/forum-9.html

What does that mean, that I'm now a member? What privledges come with that (since I'm already allowed to post)?

But thanks nonetheless.
Stormy:Tiffany told the mom that she had been by the house and it looked ransacked is very fishy. What's up with that?

smells like red herring to me.

(02-05-2011, 09:47 PM)DCTim Wrote:
(02-05-2011, 05:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Jcat, DCTim, Shitstorm, i am making you members now, and thank you for your contributions. if you'd like to do an intro thread, that would be great, so other members can say hello. (some are mean though hah )

post an intro here: http://mockforums.net/forum-9.html

What does that mean, that I'm now a member? What privledges come with that (since I'm already allowed to post)?

But thanks nonetheless.

well now you get an orphan annie secret decoder ring and can read in members only area. also, you can use PM system.
further, you can put it in your resume. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
and you can load an avatar.

(02-05-2011, 09:48 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Stormy:Tiffany told the mom that she had been by the house and it looked ransacked is very fishy. What's up with that?

smells like red herring to me.

Perhaps. What I wondered was if she, as mom alleged, had been involved in a set up and if she said "ransacked" because she knew it would be/knew something had gone down. It just seems like a strange thing to say if she had no way of knowing such a thing.
The Blade has bad information. The Straub's family (Lisa's uncle) had a cleaning service come in and scrub the house down on so that the parents didn't have to deal with it when they got home from their trip.
Cleaning was done on Feb 1st.
welcome and thanks Followingalong Smiley_emoticons_smile

(02-05-2011, 10:17 PM)Followingalong Wrote: Cleaning was done on Feb 1st.

WHAT?!!!

The murders were on the 31st?

Are you sure about this?

Positive.
this poor woman. as the mother of 3 sons, her agony really touches my heart.

Justice for Johnny Clarke and Lisa Straub
Johnny's mother just wrote on the wall of our page: "My family is totally lost without johnny my cousin my husband and i just got out of hospital for severe dehydration we cant sleep eat or function
Maytee La Cubana Vazquez

‎... his brothers are so traumatized as we are they will not stop crying those criminals have destroyed our lives forever.my sadness n pain is the most horrible feeling in the world my heart is empty im in a void god please help us ;,,,,,,("
34 minutes ago

New to the Forum. Hello all. Did they ever mention which door they were going out of? Since there were not any tiretracks or foot prints... maybe it was someone in the neighborhood... on foot and able to watch the activities of the family..maybe even a new neighbor.. Possibly entering thru the garage/kitchen door... accounting for the plastic bags and duct tape. I have read that Lisa was 12 undressed... but did not read anywhere that she was topless... but that a pair of black/pink interband pants under Lisa Straub's neck. And that her head was bagged and hands taped behind her back and small amount of blood on the side of her head.. from a hit to the head...