Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-08-2011, 04:45 AM)efyou Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 04:37 AM)RarePenguin Wrote: (Maybe I misunderstood this then) VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I -- there`s so many things that I don`t understand. No. 1, if there`s no break-in, how does this person or persons get in to this home where your son was staying with his girlfriend without him realizing they`d gotten into the house? Because he`s on the phone...

VAZQUEZ: The garage door.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What? The garage door!

VAZQUEZ: The garage door.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So the garage door`s open.

The garage may have been open at the time the break in happened. But then the perp(s) closed it during and or after the attack.

The reason this may be confusing is because many people call both the big overhead door and ALSO the normal door from the garage leading into the house "the garage door."
mom on JVM.

VAZQUEZ: No, he did not have any enemies. And actually, Lisa`s boyfriend was in prison for robbery and just got out of prison a couple months ago.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes...

VAZQUEZ: Lisa`s ex-boyfriend was in prison for robbery. Yes, my son, no, he didn`t have any enemies. This has nothing to do with my son.

right. he wasn't in prison. is she deranged?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK, OK.

VAZQUEZ: She would be more connected to this than my son would.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s...

VAZQUEZ: These people knew...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Go ahead.

VAZQUEZ: These people knew her and they knew how to get into her house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Can we rewind and take a...

VAZQUEZ: My son did not live there.

And I'm sure all the people he robbed (which is why he was in prison) all LOVE and ADORE him!
and her

Case Number Defendant Date of Birth Charge
CRA-01-03305-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 BREAKING & ENTERING TO COMMIT THEFT OR FELONY TRESPASS UNOCCUPIED STRUCTURE BY FORCE
CRA-01-03306-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 BREAKING & ENTERING TO COMMIT THEFT OR FELONY TRESPASS UNOCCUPIED STRUCTURE BY FORCE
CRA-99-01028-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS
CRB-90-14387-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 CRIMINAL DAMAGING/ENDANGERING
CRB-93-11364-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 MENACING
CRB-98-02748-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
CRB-98-04269-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 PASSING BAD CHECKS
CRB-98-05011-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 DOMESTIC VIOL;CAUSE FAMILY MEMBER TO BELIEVE OFFENDER WILL CAUSE IMMINENT PHYSICAL HARM
CRB-99-01029-0104 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 FALSE INFORMATION TO A POLICE OFFICER ISSUING TICKET
CRB-99-01029-0204 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 DRUG ABUSE;CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE POSS/USE
CRB-99-01029-0304 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 DRUG PARA;POSSESS WITH INTENT TO USE
CRB-99-01029-0404 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 DRUG ABUSE;CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE POSS/USE
CRB-99-12797-0105 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 DRUG PARA;POSSESS WITH INTENT TO USE
CRB-99-12797-0205 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 RESISTING ARREST;RESISTING/INTERFERING
CRB-99-12797-0305 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 OBSTRUCTING OFFICIAL BUSINESS
CRB-99-12797-0405 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 OBSTRUCTING OFFICIAL BUSINESS
CRB-99-12797-0505 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 DRUG ABUSE;CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE POSS/USE
TRD-91-14474-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 FLASHING TRAFFIC SIGNALS
TRD-94-23495-0102 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 LICENSE REQ;DRIVER/CHAUFFEUR amended from DRIVING UNDER SUSPENSION,REVOC/RESTRICT
TRD-94-23495-0202 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 TRAFFIC CONTROL SIGNAL TERMS & LIGHTS
TRD-94-26021-0101 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 OPEN CONTAINER PROHIBITED
TRD-98-02566-0102 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 LIC REQUIRED;DRIVING DURING SUSPENSION
TRD-98-02566-0202 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 SPEED:EXCEED ERECTED SIGN LIMIT
TRD-98-10366-0103 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 FAILURE TO STOP AFTER ACCIDENT ON STREET
TRD-98-10366-0203 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 ABILITY TO STOP IN ASSURED CLEAR DISTANC
TRD-98-10366-0303 CLARKE, MAYTEE 12/20/1970 TRAFFIC CTRL SIGNAL;NO TURN AGAINST RED

[font=Times New Roman]I feel really bad for both parents and I have been following this case myself. So many people on here are forgetting both parents lost a child no matter what the child was into. Some people are so closed minded that they forget what really happen. JC was not the worst person in the world and should be be stoned for what people may think caused his death. Has any said anything about LS being hooked on pills? Many people having been saying that so she is not the best egg![/font][Smiley_emoticons_fies[/size]size=medium]
(02-08-2011, 10:22 AM)RaisingAPrince Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 10:18 AM)alluring_angel Wrote: Here is his obituary:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/toledob...=148456077

IDK about anyone else, but I love my children more than anything and yes...I would miss smelling their smell and holding them...But the way she puts it is straight up creepy.

Also ~~ I know there was some talk of Lisa's parents and family not speaking out and keeping to themselves... I believe that they are dealing with the grieving process in their own way..and some people (obviously Johnny's mother) is using the poor me, everyone pay attention to me form of grief. Lisa's parents may also be being quiet and to themselves because they have some knowledge of what is going on thru the investigation processes. Why speak out and ruin what the police are trying to do!! I believe that the paper/news said that Lisa's Uncle was a fire chief/fire man (i forget which) In Rossford here... That would mean that they would be somewhat familiar with what to do and what not to do in this situation. I also believe that once the police catch the people who did this they will be very active in being at the trial.

Just my 2 cents!!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Honestly, if I were a family member of hers (JC's mom) I would be trying to get her to stop talking publicly! She's making herself look like a fool!

....or possibly implicating herself as knowing more than she's shared with LE.
(02-08-2011, 08:12 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: Johnny's mother
she truly needs some help:

RIP Johnny My sweet love my angel how i long for your touch your voice your smell your hugs your kiss your smile johnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i love u and your lil brothers more than life i miss u more then anything.....these fuckin low lives that did this will pay n forever rot in hell they have left a void in our hearts forever ;,,,,,,(
32 minutes ago via iPhone · Like · Comment

RIP Johnny Johnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyy ;,,,,,,,(

RIP Johnny My sweet angel my life my babiboi those demons that did this to you n your love will pay with death penalty i promise you i will not rest til justice is served those demons will burn in hell.....i love you johnny infinity n beyond i cnt stop thinkin bout u crying and how i miss u every second of day n nite ;,,,,,(

RIP Johnny I love u and miss you my sweet angel i wish i could see hug love n smell u right now.... ;,,,,( im so sad without you my love ;,,,,( johnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy momma want your kisses

RIP Johnny I cant wait til they catch the evil demons that did this to you and lisa i promise you they will have a the worst death ever imagined and they will rot in hell for all eternity....i hate the skum low lives that did this to you guys.i cnt wait til their day comes oh im goin to enjoy watchin them die im cursin them strai...ght to hell those mother fuckers ;,,,,,( i love you johnny infinity n beyond

Kind of over the top IMO.. If I was mourning the death of my son I wouldn't be on the internet... I might be on a script of xanax but not the internet.. and the two together are a bad mix.. maybe she is on alot of meds and/or she might think the killer(s) are reading her page?? or she might be trying to get more donations ... I hate to say that last bit too but nothing surprises me anymore...
Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.
The JVM transcript (thanks Methusala for posting) states Johnny's mother told her husband, "You're going back through this house" once the cops leave. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it implies they already had been in the home.
Signs_173
I'm wondering if "Maytee" is slang for "Jocasta"?

But then again, it could be a pirate thing.
(02-08-2011, 01:09 PM)Brneyegrl Wrote: [font=Times New Roman]I feel really bad for both parents and I have been following this case myself. So many people on here are forgetting both parents lost a child no matter what the child was into. Some people are so closed minded that they forget what really happen. JC was not the worst person in the world and should be be stoned for what people may think caused his death. Has any said anything about LS being hooked on pills? Many people having been saying that so she is not the best egg![/font][Smiley_emoticons_fies[/size]size=medium]

That is all true, however, in order to determine what really happened and find who committed the crime, looking at the lifestyles of the victims is necessary.

No one has said Lisa is a saint. If you see previous posts, there are mentions of her drinking/smoking. But was she in jail? Did she commit armed robbery? Do her parents have criminal records a mile long? Not that I've been made aware of! Also are her parents out doing the boo-hoo poor me BS that JC's mom is? Asking for money? Not focusing on her son's life but her own grief?
CLARKE John S. "Johnny" John S. "Johnny" Clarke, 21, of Toledo, passed away on January 31, 2011. He was born April 15, 1989, to Maytee C. Vazquez Clarke and John P. Clarke, Jr. Johnny was sweet, loving and kind hearted. He loved life and was the life of the party. He entered Barber School to pursue his dream of owning his own business. Johnny had a smile that could light up a room. Known for his generosity and sense of humor. He loved weight lifting, sports and spending time with family and friends. He was a mama's boy, often saying "mom I love you more than anything". He is so loved and forever missed. Survived by his parents; brothers, Jovanny and Jacob; grandparents, Irma and Sergio Vazquez; aunt, Maggie (Joe) Cromer; cousins, Jazz, Lacey, Tali and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. He was preceded in death by his grandmother, Marylin DeFalco. Friends will be received at Blanchard - Strabler Funeral Home (1163 W. Sylvania at Lockwood, 419-269-1111) on Friday from 2-8 PM, where Services will be held on Saturday at 10 AM. Burial, Ottawa Hills Memorial Park. Memorials, in lieu of flowers, in Johnny's name may be directed to the Funeral Home <b>for the care of his brothers</b> and a Barber School Scholarship in Johnny's name.

~~~~~
I am not in the same situation as this family is, but I do have a son that was very sick and near death and I can not fathom asking people to give money to support his brother (my other son) if he did die. I think that someone needs to reach out to this mother and offer their counsleing services or something. Where does she work? Can someone there offer to pay for a few counseling services? idk.. something about the coping OR using of an opportunity for gain! (I hate to put it like that tho.... I guess I am one that is the quiet greiver! I don't want a million benefits and talking on the news and airing everything to the world...) I just pray that the mother can get some help AND definitely his brothers, they already lost Johnny... they don't need to lose a mother too, no matter how wacky she seems at the moment.
G-d Bless Lisa's family. My heart aches for them. I hope they can have
the privacy they need.

Did she have brothers and sisters?
(02-08-2011, 01:16 PM)Love Hippos Wrote: The JVM transcript (thanks Methusala for posting) states Johnny's mother told her husband, "You're going back through this house" once the cops leave. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it implies they already had been in the home.

I think you are, don't you think if they went threw the house she would have been freaking out when the police were there or better yet the police would have noticed that someone entered house. The mom might not be all the way there but she is a mother who lost a child. No one is perfect but she still lost a child. Some people are not respecting that.
(02-08-2011, 01:28 PM)TotallyCurious Wrote: G-d Bless Lisa's family. My heart aches for them. I hope they can have
the privacy they need.

I know she has an older sister. I'm not sure if there were more than that.
(02-08-2011, 01:28 PM)TotallyCurious Wrote: G-d Bless Lisa's family. My heart aches for them. I hope they can have
the privacy they need.

She had a sister Lindsay.
(02-08-2011, 01:30 PM)Brneyegrl Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 01:16 PM)Love Hippos Wrote: The JVM transcript (thanks Methusala for posting) states Johnny's mother told her husband, "You're going back through this house" once the cops leave. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it implies they already had been in the home.

I think you are, don't you think if they went threw the house she would have been freaking out when the police were there or better yet the police would have noticed that someone entered house. The mom might not be all the way there but she is a mother who lost a child. No one is perfect but she still lost a child. Some people are not respecting that.

I'd say she's not respecting the Straubs by going on national television making accusations that this was all because of Lisa and her son is not involved.
(02-08-2011, 01:39 PM)RaisingAPrince Wrote:

I'd say she's not respecting the Straubs by going on national television making accusations that this was all because of Lisa and her son is not involved.

I do agree with you 100% that she was wrong but some of the things we don't know. They may both be a fault, she was said to be on pills and has been. No one knows and it's sad that this had to happen no matter who is at fault.
(02-08-2011, 01:44 PM)Brneyegrl Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 01:39 PM)RaisingAPrince Wrote:

I do agree with you 100% that she was wrong but some of the things we don't know. They may both be a fault, she was said to be on pills and has been. No one knows and it's sad that this had to happen no matter who is at fault.

Great point. No one knows. IMO since no one knows, there's nothing to gain from going on any and all news outlets possible. I just don't think JC's family (mother in particular) are handling things properly. Always just my opinion.
i have utter and total sympathy for those who have lost their children. i have stated that repeatedly.

that does not prevent me from having an opinion that Johnny's mother is a nutcase. and i don't think it's only related to her son's death.