Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Does anyone know what these flowers are at the top of the Justice page?

[Image: 180799_202654976415083_199624306718150_8...3978_n.jpg]
Ugh, these discussions are going stale. New, reliable info someone, please!
the flowers remind me of mountain laurel, which i love. grew up with a yard full. it could be something else though.

The alleged death threats are not being made because someone is sticking up for Johnny and Lisa but because people think they had something to do with their murders.

From the Justice page
clarke was living with the straubs for several months......toledo ch. 13 news
why did they allow them to live in their house?? parents were concerned with the relationship, but thought they could help Clarke get on the right path and at the same time keep a closer eye on their daughter.....toledo ch. 13 news/per lisa's uncle
(02-15-2011, 04:02 PM)netsleuth Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 03:54 PM)TotallyCurious Wrote: Interesting. Why would T. have called anyone then? Why not just "book' and let the chips fall where they fall?

I surmise that she's trying to cover for her phone calls to the victims around the time of their deaths. She called a friend of a friend to establish a storyline.

Possibly to divert attention from what really happened and create the impression that she was somewhere else when it all went down. Others may have known she was supposed to meet JC and LS that night and this behaviour was in an attempt to seperate herself from it.
thanks Penalt...it's great to have local people who can tell us what media (TV news) is saying. when/if there is a presser, we'll need to watch it streaming live online! :B

per lisa's uncle/ch 13.....murderers clearly looking for safe, ransacked house punching holes in walls, pictures removed from walls....and there never was a safe in the house....computers, flat screen tv's, other valuables untouched....he does not know of any leads
(02-15-2011, 02:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 02:11 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote: Well I agree 100% but some people might think it's not nice, I don't, go for it. Shake every gang member up that you can get your hands on, and tell them "hey I think you had something to do with this" now "tell me something that will make me think different"....

You're absolutely right & the offenders will bleat that it's a violation of their rights.

Sometimes I really loathe that I am drawn to this horror, it's like crack & Ima crackhead. Smiley_emoticons_slash
me too. you said that so well. funny too.
(02-15-2011, 07:01 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: the flowers remind me of mountain laurel, which i love. grew up with a yard full. it could be something else though.

Thank you, LC!!! You were right:

http://www.google.com/images?client=oper...=en&tab=wi

I'm gonna get some to plant in the spring.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming ....
(02-15-2011, 04:23 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 12:13 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote: [quote='curious' pid='128029' dateline='1297784774']
[quote='EastCoastKat' pid='128022' dateline='1297783737']
"central security documents were found"

Black is electrical tape (for wiring)

Duct Tape and electrical tape are completely different. Who first stated it was duct tape, LE? Is it possible it really was electrical tape used here? I am sure the crime could be accomplihed as efficiently with either, in fact I would guess electrical tape may be easier to handle than duct tape with gloves on, but me thinks duct tape stronger and more dependable securing a persons hands or feet.
(02-15-2011, 06:55 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Does anyone know what these flowers are at the top of the Justice page?

[Image: 180799_202654976415083_199624306718150_8...3978_n.jpg]

It is Mountain Laurel beautiful!
(02-15-2011, 07:14 PM)penalt Wrote: per lisa's uncle/ch 13.....murderers clearly looking for safe, ransacked house punching holes in walls, pictures removed from walls....and there never was a safe in the house....computers, flat screen tv's, other valuables untouched....he does not know of any leads

That's troubling.
(02-15-2011, 07:32 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 07:14 PM)penalt Wrote: per lisa's uncle/ch 13.....murderers clearly looking for safe, ransacked house punching holes in walls, pictures removed from walls....and there never was a safe in the house....computers, flat screen tv's, other valuables untouched....he does not know of any leads

That's troubling.

LE would not necessarily be sharing details of investigation even with family members of deceased.

(02-15-2011, 07:25 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 12:13 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote: [quote='curious' pid='128029' dateline='1297784774']
[quote='EastCoastKat' pid='128022' dateline='1297783737']
"central security documents were found"

Duct Tape and electrical tape are completely different. Who first stated it was duct tape, LE? Is it possible it really was electrical tape used here? I am sure the crime could be accomplihed as efficiently with either, in fact I would guess electrical tape may be easier to handle than duct tape with gloves on, but me thinks duct tape stronger and more dependable securing a persons hands or feet.

Somewhere (can't remember original source) it said the tape was black. IMO, electrical tape is less common in the average home and might indicate that the killers brought it. Sound systems and their owners come to mind.
(02-15-2011, 12:13 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 11:46 AM)curious Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 11:28 AM)EastCoastKat Wrote: "central security documents were found"

Are these documents to the home security system? Or some other type of securities? Sorry if it was asked...

I've been wondering the same thing and the central security documents are somehow linked to the DVD. Also curious about the cardboard boxes and foreign currency seized...might these items all be related somehow? Has there been any mention of LS parents' occupation? And lastly, is anyone else suspicious of the pink/black interband pants found under LS neck...
I found this on the Toledo Central Security website, under the residential:

"We also offer video surveillance systems for the home. Once the system is installed, if you have a DSL or Cable internet connection, we can setup your Digital Video Recorder on your existing home computer network so you can monitor your cameras from an off-site location(i.e. from work or on vacation) for no additional monthly cost to you."

So maybe there was some type of video surveillance, and the perps got the manual out and checked how the system was set up and where the DVD recorder was?? I know that doesn't mean it was on, but maybe the perps didn't know that? And it was black duct tape, I don't know about anyone else but at my house we have a lot of duct tape laying around the basement and the garage but not black (old silver type), is black relatively new?

there are now about 20 different colors of duct tape
(02-15-2011, 07:35 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 07:32 PM)shitstorm Wrote:

That's troubling.

LE would not necessarily be sharing details of investigation even with family members of deceased.

I hope that's the case here. It seems like the scene would have DNA all over the place and that that DNA would have a likelihood of being on record.
(02-15-2011, 07:38 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Somewhere (can't remember original source) it said the tape was black.

I think that may have been when the conversation turned to what evidence was removed from the home.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-15-2011, 07:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 07:38 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Somewhere (can't remember original source) it said the tape was black.

I think that may have been when the conversation turned to what evidence was removed from the home.

page 1 post 1 quoting the "Blade"....duct tape is listed as used in the crime..

Toledo Blade, Ohio

Father finds young couple slain
'Horrific' scene described in Springfield Twp. home

Johnny S. Clarke was a "mama's boy," according to his aunt, Maggie Cromer, and when his mother could not reach her 21-year-old son on his cell phone early Monday, she had a "gut feeling" that something was terribly wrong.
After two calls to 911, Johnny's father, John P. Clarke, drove to the Springfield Township home where Johnny was living and kicked in the front door shortly before 4 a.m. Inside, he found his son and his son's girlfriend, 20-year-old Lisa Straub, lying dead on the floor, their hands bound with duct tape and plastic bags over their heads.