Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-20-2011, 03:35 PM)JustSayin... Wrote: I've called everyone I know that lives in Crossgates, Beverly, Harvard, Old Orchard, West Moreland, West Toledo and told them to MOVE!! Can we now get back to the topic?

we are pretty much on topic, but it's a no-news day again and we've hashed and rehashed every theory of the crime.
it's Mock, we can digress a bit in here.

i made you a member btw.

(02-20-2011, 03:34 PM)purplepegasus Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 03:30 PM)ToledoNative Wrote: We can take each theory and twist the minute details to come up with lots of ideas of what exactly happened. I think we all agree that the killers were people Johnny knew or was connected with.

But I am curious, which theory do you all think is correct?

Choices:
1. It was Lisa's ex-boyfriend
2. It was a robbery, looking for drugs and/or safe
3. It was a revenge killing. Johnny messed with someone's money, they are making a statement.
4. It was gang related
5. It has to do with the people who were involved with the robberies Johnny helped commit when he was younger
I think 3-5 are reasonable, but IDK that I think Johnny messed with the money, I think it's possible this was revenge against Maytee or even possibly his dad. I think the people are involved in gangs, but isn't directly related to the gang.

None of the above.

6. It involves Maytee/John setting up the house to get rolled and when nothing
was there they laid in wait for her kid to get info and since they could not
get Maytee/John, they go their child. I will stick to this one.
(02-20-2011, 03:30 PM)ToledoNative Wrote: We can take each theory and twist the minute details to come up with lots of ideas of what exactly happened. I think we all agree that the killers were people Johnny knew or was connected with.

Choices:
3. It was a revenge killing. Johnny messed with someone's money, they are making a statement.
4. It was gang related
5. It has to do with the people who were involved with the robberies Johnny helped commit when he was younger
I think 3-5 are reasonable, but IDK that I think Johnny messed with the money, I think it's possible this was revenge against Maytee or even possibly his dad. I think the people are involved in gangs, but isn't directly related to the gang.

#2 They absolutely destroyed the master bedroom looking for the safe.
(02-20-2011, 03:38 PM)lawheeze Wrote:

Choices:
4. It was gang related
I'm going with 3 or 5 at the moment. Both are revenge and to me, the bags over the head is a revenge method.

I agree with lawheeze and purplepegasus.

I think it was either #3, meaning he or his family owed someone money or was stepping on someone's drug territory or #5, the two guys that were also involved in the robbery Johnny participated in three years ago. Because of the method of killing, this is very personal. The fact that jewelry and other valuables were left behind, makes me think that might not have been the case. Also, the perps made it look like a robbery, which could be a sign that it really wasn't.

Anyone else?

Choices:
4. It was gang related
I'm going with 3 or 5 at the moment. Both are revenge and to me, the bags over the head is a revenge method.

I'd go with 2, 3, 4... and I ' mean a mixture of 2,3 and 4!
(02-20-2011, 03:45 PM)JustSayin... Wrote:

Choices:
4. It was gang related

I think more info needs to be looked into (and I'm sure it is) Maytee's activities, her husband's activities and the guy that got the longest prison sentence in Johnny's robbery three years ago. Did Johnny snitch to get a lesser sentence?

I said it before and I'll say it again...FIND THE MOTIVE, FIND THE KILLER.
(02-20-2011, 03:49 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:

Choices:
4. It was gang related

I agree Kat!!!
(02-20-2011, 03:49 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:

Choices:
4. It was gang related

Ok, I'll buy that.

The problem here is that there are so many motives!!!!! :O

Choices:
4. It was gang related

revenge is my thought, BUT I do think someone wanted something in that home, really bad, that night, so I have to put #2, in the mix..
(02-20-2011, 03:54 PM)Jane Wrote:

Choices:
4. It was gang related

revenge is my thought, BUT I do think someone wanted something in that home, really bad, that night, so I have to put #2, in the mix..

It just seems that they left so many things behind if it was a robbery. Even small things, like jewelry, that would be easy to steal.

It also needs to be decided if the intruders went in with the premeditated intention of killing the couple or if it was a last minute happening, meaning the bags and tape were already at the house.

If it was a robbery, I would think there were only two perps. They would've had to subdue the couple, then do all the ransacking.

If it was a revenge killing, there would've been more than two perps, to fight with Johnny and Lisa causing all the blood while one or two ransack the house to make it appear to be a robbery gone bad.
(02-20-2011, 03:54 PM)Jane Wrote:

Choices:
4. It was gang related

There are more possibilities than these five. You are going to get a false positive in your results.
(02-20-2011, 03:52 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:

Choices:
4. It was gang related

I think more info needs to be looked into (and I'm sure it is) Maytee's activities, her husband's activities and the guy that got the longest prison sentence in Johnny's robbery three years ago. Did Johnny snitch to get a lesser sentence?

I agree, Native, but let's say it was a robbery, someone looking for drugs/money. If that's the case, & depending on how many Johnny might have told, (bragged about a safe?) it could be a number of people. I wonder how many people, LE has interviewed ???

(02-20-2011, 03:32 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 03:27 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: here's that sweet photo again. i can't atand looking at those young happy kids at the beach knowing they are in the cold ground and how they suffered. regardless of why. :(
they deserved a chance at life and happiness. like all the kids whose cases i have covered.

[Image: 180954_194630330565399_190897417605357_6...1612_n.jpg]

Thanks, LC.

So sweet. They went on vacation together. They look like they really love each other. I like the one of them walking on the beach, too.

They just look so full of life...
This is absolutely what gets me, being a parent of 2, how do you ever even begin to understand something like this, when just a moment ago, they had everything ahead of them, and then you hear plastic bags over their heads and now God knows what else... I would be so devastated I don't even know if I could recover! I really wish the Clarkes and Straubs some peace if only for a moment! The 2 most horrible ways anyone could imagine to find out too, Johnny's father finds them and the Straubs are on their 25th anniversary trip and had just left!!
revenge murder doesn't involve robbery staging. you just kill them, perhaps sadistically.

(02-20-2011, 09:34 AM)fabulous Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 03:17 AM)shitstorm Wrote:
(02-19-2011, 09:57 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: we are getting really far afield here with speculating about the facebook pages of totally unrelated people.

What do you wanna bet Kevin Bacon is mixed up in all of this?

or better yet....what about George Bush...maybe it's his faultSmiley_emoticons_biggrin

[Image: chuckle.gif]
(02-20-2011, 04:02 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: revenge murder doesn't involve robbery staging. you just kill them, perhaps sadistically.

Ok, LC so you are leaning more towards robbery?
(02-20-2011, 03:40 PM)Jane Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 03:20 PM)TotallyCurious Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 02:55 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 02:28 PM)kitty1 Wrote: Iv'e got to go put a heating pad on my neck!!! I'm not used to sitting in front of a computer this long!! 32

I don't stay, but I leave the website up, go do housework, feed the dog, cat and bird. I started a potroast for dinner, on top of the stove, real slow cooking, so I can come back and catch up, lol. My daughter called me and she always knows when I'm not quite paying attention on the phone, and she said OMG are you at that website again! Blush Hubby walked past while I was posting and he saw the priest smiley that I put in one my post and said what's that, I said a priest, he said yeah, that's what your gonna need soon, an exorcism if you keep going to that site! Of course he can watch cars going in circles for hours and see's absolutely nothing wrong with that! Smiley_emoticons_shocked

OH, I hope he is not a Jeff Gordon fan, as Jeff just got spun out. Wow,
wish I knew a man (single) who liked those cars going around in circles.
I know them all and my son will call me from work and say, "Mom, I
have a fifty dollar bet on these three questions, asking me who drives
what car, who sponsors or owns another car, etc." He has won some
good money that way. lol You can take the girl out of the country but
not the coutnry out of the girl. OH, wish for country. Go you Nascar niggas.
Does that sound awful or what? ROFL

hahahaha! Tony is MY 'nigga' !!Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Got boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot, here!

Ummm smells good. Did your hubby notice they are really
using alot of duct tape today on the noses? (sorry that is sick)
My Niggas and Bitches Harvick, Montoya, Tony Stewart and
and Germain driver because I know them. Papis today I think.
(02-20-2011, 04:00 PM)Jane Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 03:52 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:

Choices:
4. It was gang related

I agree, Native, but let's say it was a robbery, someone looking for drugs/money. If that's the case, & depending on how many Johnny might have told, (bragged about a safe?) it could be a number of people. I wonder how many people, LE has interviewed ???

Yep, Johnny got some drugs and I hear there's a safe in that house and there gonna be there by themselves cuz that what the bytch said and her minor nigga, yeah...and we told Johnny to stay the fuck off our corner too. Yeah, fuck that punk and his uptown bytch...let's do it!

2.3.4. Edit: okay my imagination is whoohoo, but you get the point!
(02-20-2011, 04:03 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 04:02 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: revenge murder doesn't involve robbery staging. you just kill them, perhaps sadistically.

Ok, LC so you are leaning more towards robbery?

first gut reaction. usually on point, but not always as i learn more facts and personalities--->
i think whoever that was at party night before heard about a safe with huge wads of cash in it. they came back for that.
why the cruel murders, i haven't decided yet. except i think Johnny fought like a madman for his life and Lisa's. but he was fighting to protect the house from the invaders when it first started. it escalated.

just my opinion.

My Mom would go up in a puff of smoke if she heard me talking "gangsta speak" and that is no lie.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]