Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-02-2011, 03:06 PM)shitstorm Wrote: I'll bet at that crime scene, besides what belonged to J&S and Lisa's family, there was hair, fiber, skin cells, fingerprints, blood, and possibly shoe prints. I don't believe these killers were so adept as to leave ZERO TRACE. That's begs the question of why would something like this not yield an arrest or a named person of interest. Beats me! Maybe Lady Cop can answer.

i'm sure there was plenty of DNA, prints and trace evidence left at scene. but you have to have those things in a database to match them up. and even then, you need circumstantial evidence to put them there.
and was that evidence there legitimately? the party the night before. Johnny's dad handling bags and tape in his panic upon discovery of the bodies. did anyone else?

that being said, i'm just as surprised as everyone that there have been no arrests yet. but i also believe there will be.

(03-02-2011, 03:06 PM)shitstorm Wrote: I'll bet at that crime scene, besides what belonged to J&S and Lisa's family, there was hair, fiber, skin cells, fingerprints, blood, and possibly shoe prints. I don't believe these killers were so adept as to leave ZERO TRACE. That's begs the question of why would something like this not yield an arrest or a named person of interest. Beats me! Maybe Lady Cop can answer. I'm gonna take a guess that when resources are stretched, and I'll bet they are, that one of the more important elements in a case getting solved is a detective with determination and passion. Could be that's lacking here. Most humans are mediocre performers. I don't see why that would be any different in LE. Maybe they're waiting for everything to fall into their laps and aren't out hunting people down.

I agree that they very likely found DNA evidence there. But, as Jane said, they have to be able to match that DNA to someone. Maybe the perp isn't currently in the DNA database. It's very likely that whoever did this will eventually get caught at something else and there will be a DNA match then. Or LE may be surreptiously trying to collect DNA samples from the large cast of possible suspects.

(03-02-2011, 03:01 PM)Jane Wrote: I'm actually wondering if a note wasn't left, now! (thanks to Shitty & his links posted last night) I have to assume, LE scoured that home from the time they arrived on the scene at 4 am'ish, until late that night, otherwise the house wouldn't have been cleaned the next day (if that's true) Is it possible, LE knew from the get-go, this was 'professional' ?

Jane, remember there is an hour unaccounted for between 911 calls 2 and 3. It's possible a note, or important evidence was tampered with.
If the prints and DNA are not in any data base, then it means it comes down to old fashioned detective work. Shaking the bushes and not only talking to people but having the talent to interpret any information gathered. That's what I mean about passion and determination.
(03-02-2011, 03:26 PM)shitstorm Wrote: If the prints and DNA are not in any data base, then it means it comes down to old fashioned detective work. Shaking the bushes and not only talking to people but having the talent to interpret any information gathered. That's what I mean about passion and determination.

If the scene was "bloody" and your DNA and fingerprints are there "in blood" then they have no innocent explanation.
(03-02-2011, 03:31 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 03:26 PM)shitstorm Wrote: If the prints and DNA are not in any data base, then it means it comes down to old fashioned detective work. Shaking the bushes and not only talking to people but having the talent to interpret any information gathered. That's what I mean about passion and determination.

If the scene was "bloody" and your DNA and fingerprints are there "in blood" then they have no innocent explanation.

Shitstorm, Is it possible that if 'pros' did this but their prints are on file in another country there may be a data base available to LE to connected the dots?

About shaking the bushes, I agree. Many times a new perspective from a privately hired investigator by frustrated family has solved the impossible. I think "Dog The Bounty Hunter" showed what was possible when he found Andrew Stuart Luster. A perp with alot of money and means to escape.
ZERO, I don't know about data bases. I don't even know how connected the ones in the US are.

It wasn't that long there was no DNA to solve cases. I wonder if the technology has made some LE lazy.

A PI would be a long shot in a case like this. My ex was a PI in Los Angeles. An under cover cop would be a better bet, imho. Someone needs to snoop around for leads w/o burning them, so they have to be perceived as being safe to talk to.
(03-02-2011, 03:54 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: I think "Dog The Bounty Hunter" showed what was possible when he found Andrew Stuart Luster. A perp with alot of money and means to escape.

now there is one of the biggest shitbums who ever got a TV show.
phony cop-wannabe and his porker wife. a convict who bought his badge online and pretends to be a SWAT team. he has absolutely NO authority anywhere.

Has it been determined if the blood is Johnny and Lisa's or
a third party?
(03-02-2011, 04:21 PM)WolfHouse Wrote: Has it been determined if the blood is Johnny and Lisa's or
a third party?

I'm sure it has been determined. Nobody's releasing that info, though.
(03-02-2011, 12:36 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 12:23 PM)curious Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 12:19 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 12:15 PM)Jane Wrote: I think the perps were in the house 30 minutes or less. I think they were long gone, by the time Tiffany got there. I think the lights Tiffany saw, were the same lights LE saw, when they got there.

I'll just repost my main point: As I said, that's a really risky chance for someone to take if they don't know who's on the phone & heard the confrontation & a big assumption that that person wouldn't come over or summon authorities. IMO

Would you come forward knowing the possible reprecutions?

Absolutely!!! I was taught to stand up for what is right. This is off topic but last summer I met a friend at a bar in Maumee for drinks after work & a large group of people from the southend showed up there & I knew that there would be trouble. Without fail, when the group was getting ready to leave a fight broke out between some girls which was taken outside at which point someone started shooting a gun. I told the bartender to call the police & they just stood there looking stupid so when they didn't act I DID & everyone was yelling NO at me LOL The cops came but everyone had already taken off, the cops found 20 shell casings in the parking lot. Those assholes fired off atleast 20 rounds into a group of people!!!! I was banned from the bar by the bouncer for calling the police LOL

Moral of the story, I don't like living amongst animals, gutter trash & murderers. There should be more people who "snitch" then maybe people would start thinking twice about what they do. As it is now there are too many people who live in fear of the thugs & I won't be one. There's a saying that goes something like, "If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing"

That's right. Not being a "snitch" means giving the criminals all the power.
And another quote, "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
Lady Cop, don't you have contacts, or contacts with contacts, that can unearth SOMETHING for us, lol!!! Maybe find out why in the hell they aren't saying anything.
(03-02-2011, 04:26 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Lady Cop, don't you have contacts, or contacts with contacts, that can unearth SOMETHING for us, lol!!! Maybe find out why in the hell they aren't saying anything.

Smiley_emoticons_stumm i do have contacts, but can't discuss my sources or what they say. i will say that right now i am frustrated as everyone else at the lack of news.

(03-02-2011, 03:12 PM)Jane Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 03:06 PM)shitstorm Wrote: I'll bet at that crime scene, besides what belonged to J&S and Lisa's family, there was hair, fiber, skin cells, fingerprints, blood, and possibly shoe prints. I don't believe these killers were so adept as to leave ZERO TRACE. That's begs the question of why would something like this not yield an arrest or a named person of interest. Beats me! Maybe Lady Cop can answer. I'm gonna take a guess that when resources are stretched, and I'll bet they are, that one of the more important elements in a case getting solved is a detective with determination and passion. Could be that's lacking here. Most humans are mediocre performers. I don't see why that would be any different in LE. Maybe they're waiting for everything to fall into their laps and aren't out hunting people down.

All cops are human. I'm well aware mistakes can be made, but I agree with you... they probably did collect some of the things you mentioned, but unless the perps prints/DNA are in a database, it's not going to take them anywhere, for now. Unless someone talks, or one of the perps is arrested & DNA taken from them, this will go to a cold case file. It's frustrating to think the perps might be sitting somewhere having a drink, thinking nothing of thisSigns_173

Well, most all of Johnny's gangbanger friends have their DNA in the data bank.

(03-02-2011, 04:26 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Lady Cop, don't you have contacts, or contacts with contacts, that can unearth SOMETHING for us, lol!!! Maybe find out why in the hell they aren't saying anything.

The reasoning behind the silence is simple, they don't want anyone to flee, they don't want anyone to spoil the info by it being posted everywhere on the internet and locally (they will need a non contaminated jury pool)and they don't want to say anything stupid that will come back to bite them in the ass. it's also possible that the people have already flee'd and they are working toward getting them back within jurisdictional bounds.

you know the old saying the more you talk the less people have to guess if you're a fool or not.

believe me they have information, they have people of interest, they have evidence, and they have the right idea of keeping quiet about it.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(03-02-2011, 04:32 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:

Smiley_emoticons_stumm i do have contacts, but can't discuss my sources or what they say. i will say that right now i am frustrated as everyone else at the lack of news.

What do you think of the comment released by the County Detective to the local Holland/Springfield group?

(03-02-2011, 12:59 PM)fabulous Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 12:55 PM)blueyes Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 12:46 PM)rotten_cotton Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 12:43 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 12:40 PM)rotten_cotton Wrote: holy shit freshbait, which bar was that?

Why were you one of the gunmen? LOL j/k If you are LC has your IP addy if anything happens to me LOL It was at Parkway.

nope, not me. i just live in maumee and was curious. doesn't surprise me though that it was @ parkway. i would have freaked if it was one of the uptown bars!!

Yeah parkway can be rough lol

OMG! I love parkway.... it's my random corner bar!Cheers

Well, I believe FreshBait78, so the owners/bouncers are douche bags and don't deserve anyone's patronage.
(03-02-2011, 04:36 PM)Methusala Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 04:32 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:

What do you think of the comment released by the County Detective to the local Holland/Springfield group?

i did comment right after that was posted.

in short, i think it was a throwaway comment, possibly not applicable at this date (the article was a couple weeks old) and i do not believe it was a 'professional' job.

This thread doesn't exist.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(03-02-2011, 04:52 PM)IMaDick Wrote: This thread doesn't exist.

Its a hiccup in the software.