Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-05-2011, 02:25 PM)kitty1 Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 02:23 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 02:19 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 01:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Maybe we should inundate the mayors office with emails regarding this case.Smiley_emoticons_fies

Brilliant idea! Something to think about - Carty Finkbenier used to be the Mayor not sure who the new Mayor is - maybe Toledo Native knows. I think the Chief of Police is appointed by the Mayor.

I'm not sure. I could find out if you wanted me to.
But Carty was a trip! CRAZY!
Got shit done, though.

mayor is Mike Bell

Thank-you! Miss kitty1
(03-04-2011, 11:04 PM)AriGold Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 11:00 PM)FutileResistance Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 10:23 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i want to know who the people who don't need cops call when they are robbed at gunpoint or beaten or raped.

As I have read through this specific thread pertaining to this horrific crime I have become enraged, frustrated, and utterly disgusted by some “opinions” on law enforcement and how they are conducting this investigation. So before you feel the need to judge the motives and calculated moves of law enforcement, or attempt to undermine their task at hand. Remember that you as a voter and taxpayer have allowed the system of criminal justice to get polluted with politics and laws that tie the hands of officers to respond to situations, but not as you would prefer. Sorry for the rant….MOTE IT BE….

WINNER!!!

:B
I concur!!!!

There are never enough good things said, about the Police, Firefighters and Service Members who put themselves in harms way, every day for our safety.

What does that say about us?
(03-05-2011, 03:15 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 03:13 PM)JsMom Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 03:09 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i'm not sure about Tiffany's facebook page, maybe someone else knows.

autopsy reports may not come out in their entirety until trial. they may contain information only the killers know, and are evidence.

Wouldnt it be easier for LE to release whom the DNA belongs to so everyone around the USA can be looking for the KILLER(S)? I would think it would help more then hurt! just wondering...

assuming they KNOW who the DNA matches. perhaps they don't. and need other evidence to connect the suspects and get the warrant for DNA.

yah maybe they dont! OK then, do u think in this case, that if they do FIND OUT whoms DNA it is they would make it public for the world to help find the murders? I know alot of cases they dont but this one being world wide so horrific and everyone involved they would?
(03-05-2011, 03:19 PM)JsMom Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 03:09 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i'm not sure about Tiffany's facebook page, maybe someone else knows.

autopsy reports may not come out in their entirety until trial. they may contain information only the killers know, and are evidence.

Wouldnt it be easier for LE to release whom the DNA belongs to so everyone around the USA can be looking for the KILLER(S)? I would think it would help more then hurt! just wondering...

assuming they KNOW who the DNA matches. perhaps they don't. and need other evidence to connect the suspects and get the warrant for DNA.

yah maybe they dont! OK then, do u think in this case, that if they do FIND OUT whoms DNA it is they would make it public for the world to help find the murders? I know alot of cases they dont but this one being world wide so horrific and everyone involved they would?

when someone is charged in this case, it will be public information. all arrests are. (except juveniles)

(03-05-2011, 03:22 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 03:19 PM)JsMom Wrote:

when someone is charged in this case, it will be public information. all arrests are. (except juveniles)

ok I got ya, Thanks LC
(03-05-2011, 03:01 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 03:35 AM)Countryside_Belle Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 03:29 AM)shitstorm Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 03:17 AM)BellaMia Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 03:03 AM)shitstorm Wrote: I attended an open casket viewing of a murder victim who was beaten, about the head and neck with a hammer. Bruises were visible. It was horrid.

Oh my thats something I'm sure bothered you for quite some time. Must of been gruesome. Did they warn anyone how bad it was befor hand?

No, no warnings and you had look closely to see. There was a lot of make up. She was also buried in a wedding dress. It was very macabre. It was what her mother wanted. Funerals are not my cup of tea and I prefer cremation.

Ugh. That's too bad. I think everyone should have their shit together and get an advance directive as well as their wishes for burial/cremation/death, etc. figured out ahead of time. I go back and forth with the burial vs. cremation thing.

Funeral expenses are one of the biggest scams out there.
I told my family already...cremate me, make them put me in a cardboard
box...spend the money you wouldve spent on the funeral and yall (just
hubby and 3 kids) go on a warm vacation somewhere theres beach and
ocean. Get a good solid start on healing together...spend the time
having fun, reminiscing and crying together...then do whatever you want
with my ashes. Its like throwing money away...well, burying it in the
ground, anyways.
You could glean a fun way for your family re your ashes by watching the Movie "Around the Bend" Christopher Walken its a riot!
GeeZ, I just can NOT get over the manner in which this happened to these 2 beautiful and handsome kids! Tares me up inside! I can NOT even imagine how these parents fell knowing not only that they will never SEE, HOLD, TOUCH, TALK, SMELL their child anymore but they were took in such a horrific manner by the hands of another!!!!!!! 21 I FEEL terrible for all the family and friends involved. just HEART SHATTERING!!
Yesterday here someone mentioned that the Straubs were taking
furniture out of their house. Does that mean they were moving
out or just removing things that could have been damaged in
the scuffle and ransacking? Anyone know the exact story?
(03-05-2011, 03:49 PM)WolfHouse Wrote: Yesterday here someone mentioned that the Straubs were taking
furniture out of their house. Does that mean they were moving
out or just removing things that could have been damaged in
the scuffle and ransacking? Anyone know the exact story?

I read that as well but Im not sure of the exact story! They are probably moving! I know I would be!
Going back to evidence collected and LE's initial comments, as well as Maytee and TW's...

I remember LE's statement that when they first arrived on scene all the lights were on and the TV was on, but TW claims when she went there to check on them the only light on was by the stairwell and a closet door was open. Now according to her she went out there approximately an hour after her conversation with JC at 11 PM and the police arrived around 1ish AM.

So if TW's account is true (ha) then the perps would have been there at 11PM when she was on the phone w/ JC, either left before Midnight or decided at that time to watch TV and leave sometime before LE went back to the house after the second 911 call...am I missing something cause if so, this totally begins to change my theory...AND makes me wonder about LE seizing a DVD into evidence...
(03-05-2011, 03:54 PM)curious Wrote: Going back to evidence collected and LE's initial comments, as well as Maytee and TW's...

I remember LE's statement that when they first arrived on scene all the lights were on and the TV was on, but TW claims when she went there to check on them the only light on was by the stairwell and a closet door was open. Now according to her she went out there approximately an hour after her conversation with JC at 11 PM and the police arrived around 1ish AM.

So if TW's account is true (ha) then the perps would have been there at 11PM when she was on the phone w/ JC, either left before Midnight or decided at that time to watch TV and leave sometime before LE went back to the house after the second 911 call...am I missing something cause if so, this totally begins to change my theory...AND makes me wonder about LE seizing a DVD into evidence...

Im surious of that too. I remeber her saying the only light on was the light leading to the upstairs! good point out!
Be back Later Mockers got to get some things done! Smiley_emoticons_wink
The billboard says the murders happened on 1/31/2001. That is
either artistic license with time or they have determined that the
murders took place before midnight or do I have my dates incorrect?
(03-05-2011, 04:06 PM)WolfHouse Wrote: The billboard says the murders happened on 1/31/2001. That is

2001 is definatly wrong
(03-05-2011, 03:54 PM)curious Wrote: Going back to evidence collected and LE's initial comments, as well as Maytee and TW's...

Do we know exactly when Lisa got off duty that night? Something is queer with it all - DVD etc., they had to be dead before mid-night.
Keep on Curious!
(03-05-2011, 04:11 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 04:06 PM)WolfHouse Wrote: The billboard says the murders happened on 1/31/2011. That is

2001 is definatly wrong

Sorry typo - corrected.

I checked back and it was the 30th that was a Sunday night. Which
date was the last night Lisa worked?
(03-05-2011, 01:44 PM)kitty1 Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 02:22 AM)WolfHouse Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 02:18 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 01:59 AM)eye.of.my Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 12:57 AM)Jane Wrote: can you verify if the rumors are true about Lisa being injured worse than Johnny? Was a baseball bat used? Was Lisa raped? Was her tongue injured?

I have heard that she was worse than him and it was a closed casket to his open but he didnt look good either but thats from him sitting so long I guess.
She had an open casket

Makes one wonder just what is true and what isn't. Two people. Two
different views of the casket. Ouch. Wonder how much else on here is
absolute bs? One of the two above is incorrect.

I have read this entire thread and to my knowledge no one has ever said she had a closed casket?????? I was at the showing. she had an open casket with no signs of injury. her hair was covering her neck.

I don't recall saying I seen it on here I said I HEARD it, BUT was not there myself to know for sure either way.
on tv now.... SPIKE TV
Someone may want to dvr
DEA vs The Juarez Cartel
(03-05-2011, 03:02 PM)JsMom Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 02:49 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 02:36 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote: Here is the Mayor's email addy...Michael P. Bell

[email protected]

I just sent an email to the Mayors office. Hope I get more meaningful a reply than, "got your email now go away" like when I sent requests to the 2 TV shows listed earlier in the thread asking them to do more.

zero

Hell Ud think the news casters would be greatful for the public wanted more and answers. We know if it was their child they want the damn public to be behind them! WOW! Im just in shock over this one!

Just a reminder - the murders did not occur within the City of Toledo. The Mayor has no jurisdiction over the County Sheriff, who is handling the investigation because it occurred outside the City.

(03-05-2011, 12:25 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote: This is long, sorry...

There are many reasons for giving up your DNA, my sister disappeared in 1983 and it took us over 19yrs.....

Sometimes police will get a DNA hit because of familial DNA, a close family member, also. That may have been what happened in Mich. to the guy in prison??

Wow, Kat, what a terrible story. I'm so glad that you had resolution and found out what happened. What awesome detectives, too. So many families go through that and never find out. The stats at The Center for Missing and Exploited Children are MIND BOGGLING. The numbers of missing people is just staggering and many of these go back decades.

Of course, I would consent to DNA testing in a situation like that. What I was saying is that I would not give it up unless absolutely necessary and I wouldn't want it in some data base. There's a lot more going on with DNA collection than catching criminals but that's another subject. Suffice it to say that I am very suspicious about it and I value privacy.

On that Michigan case, once again: DNA testing was done 30 years after the murder. It matched a guy sitting in prison. That guy was a little child when the murder occurred and lived in another city. He could not have been the killer. I think the DNA was recovered blood from the victim's nylons. The only thing that I can think of to explain it is that the lab was sloppy and mixed up DNA, or some adult in that little kid's life killed the victim. Even then, they were claiming it was his blood. How would the blood of a little child have gotten on her nylons?

This doesn't mean that I don't think DNA testing is a good thing. It's been used to free many innocent people from death row and it has convicted killers. It's the kind of thing, though, that tight controls need to be put on. The FBI was exposed for sloppy lab work and a technician who falsified evidence. I don't recall if that evidence was DNA but it's something to think about. Chain of custody is lost, imo, once your DNA goes to a lab because people can and do lie or just screw up.