Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-08-2011, 01:34 AM)DickTracy Wrote: Murder victim's family sets the record straight
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?sectio...id=8000379

thanks for posting this!

I'm behind in the thread, so my apologies is this info has already been shared...

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?sectio...id=7999254

"Sheriff updates double death investigation" Monday, March 07, 2011

TOLEDO, OH -- Still no arrests have been made in the gruesome murder of a young couple back in January. The Lucas County sheriff says whoever killed Johnny Clark and Lisa Straub was specifically targeting them.

Sheriff James Telb released a statement Monday saying investigators do not believe this was a random act of violence in the community. Also, they do not believe that this was a "professional hit".

The sheriff says information he has leads him to think Johnny Clarke, 21, and his girlfriend Lisa Straub, 20, were targeted back in January in her parent's house on Longacre Lane in Springfield Township. Clarke's family found the two tied up with bags over their heads.

Straub's parents were away on a cruise at the time. Sheriff Telb calls it a "heinous" crime. He says the motive remains unknown.

The state crime lab is processing evidence collected from the scene. Detectives have conducted numerous interviews and polygraph exams. But they need help from the public.

You may have noticed while driving around town, digital billboards keeping the unsolved homicide in the limelight. The reward for anyone with information leading to an arrest and conviction is now up to $16,000. If you have any information, call Crime Stopper at 419-255-1111.

Jim Verbosky is a Gentleman

I like Him
well, as of now, WTOL hasn't posted the interview w/Maytee. Not that I can find, anyway.
Good Night Kitty1

Thanks Again,
zero
(03-08-2011, 02:40 AM)Jane Wrote: well, as of now, WTOL hasn't posted the interview w/Maytee. Not that I can find, anyway.

Think they are slow pokes Jane. By the way you are inching your way up to a 1,000 posts - I just celebrated 100 LOL.

(03-08-2011, 02:46 AM)NightOwl Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 02:40 AM)Jane Wrote: well, as of now, WTOL hasn't posted the interview w/Maytee. Not that I can find, anyway.
Think they are slow pokes Jane. By the way you are inching your way up to a 1,000 posts - I just celebrated 100 LOL.

LOL, yes I am!! Isn't that nuts? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

ZERO I adore the Cat!
You know, don't you think that based on how cases grow cold this one is a prime candidate?
(03-08-2011, 02:57 AM)van64 Wrote: You know, don't you think that based on how cases grow cold this one is a prime candidate?

No one could have told me this case would be where it is right now, over a month ago .. Are you in LE, Van?

(03-08-2011, 02:49 AM)NightOwl Wrote:
ZERO I adore the Cat!

Thanks...Smiley_emoticons_bussi
(03-08-2011, 03:03 AM)Jane Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 02:57 AM)van64 Wrote: You know, don't you think that based on how cases grow cold this one is a prime candidate?

No one could have told me this case would be where it is right now, over a month ago .. Are you in LE, Van?
I really expected arrests to be made within a week...two tops when this case first broke.

No I have spent all my life in university education, retired. I have, however, worked with LE before. As a group overall, I have not been impressed.

Smiley_emoticons_fies

Jane, based on van's endless tirade of derogatory comments and outright disdain for LE, I think it is safe to assume that he/she is NOT in LE!! Smiley_emoticons_fies
[/color]
(03-08-2011, 03:21 AM)Inspector Gary Wrote: Smiley_emoticons_fies

Jane, based on van's endless tirade of derogatory comments and outright disdain for LE, I think it is safe to assume that he/she is NOT in LE!! Smiley_emoticons_fies
[color=#FFD700]There is nothing wrong in holding public servants accountable for...public service.

Here is Fox Toledo T.V. Station a slightly different version from WTVG's story - or update.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/...eriff-says

Clarke, Straub targeted, Sheriff says

Updated: Monday, 07 Mar 2011, 10:32 PM EST
Published : Monday, 07 Mar 2011, 10:32 PM EST
by Nicole Collier, FOX Toledo News reporter

SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WUPW) - After weeks of following up on leads in the investigation into the grisly Jan. 31 death of John Clarke and Lisa Straub in a Springfield Township home, the Lucas County Sheriff's Department now have reason to believe that they were not the victims of a random act of violence.

In fact, sheriff detectives believe Mr. Clarke, 21, and Ms. Straub, 20, were targeted.

The young couple was found murdered in the pre-dawn hours of Jan. 31 inside Ms. Straub's parent's Longacre Lane home. Their hands were bound, and plastic bags were taped over the victim's heads. They died of asphyxiation.

Ms. Straub's family says the new development and an increased $17,000 reward gives them hope that justice is on the way.

"Lisa did not deserve to die this way," said Jim Verbosky, uncle. "She struggled for her last breath. We know people are talking, and people do talk. We hope somebody will talk and we can start the closure process. We know that it takes time to process. We obviously want them to take the the time to process it right."

The case remains under investigation.

If you can assist the county sheriff in their investigation, you are urged to call Crimestopper at 419-255-1111. You can remain anonymous.
(03-08-2011, 03:24 AM)NightOwl Wrote: Here is Fox Toledo T.V. Station a slightly different version from WTVG's story - or update.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/...eriff-says

Clarke, Straub targeted, Sheriff says

Updated: Monday, 07 Mar 2011, 10:32 PM EST
Published : Monday, 07 Mar 2011, 10:32 PM EST
by Nicole Collier, FOX Toledo News reporter

SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WUPW) - After weeks of following up on leads in the investigation into the grisly Jan. 31 death of John Clarke and Lisa Straub in a Springfield Township home, the Lucas County Sheriff's Department now have reason to believe that they were not the victims of a random act of violence.

In fact, sheriff detectives believe Mr. Clarke, 21, and Ms. Straub, 20, were targeted.

The young couple was found murdered in the pre-dawn hours of Jan. 31 inside Ms. Straub's parent's Longacre Lane home. Their hands were bound, and plastic bags were taped over the victim's heads. They died of asphyxiation.

Ms. Straub's family says the new development and an increased $17,000 reward gives them hope that justice is on the way.

"Lisa did not deserve to die this way," said Jim Verbosky, uncle. "She struggled for her last breath. We know people are talking, and people do talk. We hope somebody will talk and we can start the closure process. We know that it takes time to process. We obviously want them to take the the time to process it right."

The case remains under investigation.

If you can assist the county sheriff in their investigation, you are urged to call Crimestopper at 419-255-1111. You can remain anonymous.
Chilling.Well the uncle seems to think this was a local perpetration based on his comment about knowing people are talking and then extrapolating it to someone talking to allow them to start the closure process.

THANK YOU ALL for the info today
(03-07-2011, 09:20 PM)van64 Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 08:34 PM)Miss Conspiracy Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 08:24 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: purely speculation on my part..if in fact the killers brought the tape, but not the bags, that says to me they only planned on binding the victims while they tore up the house looking for the alleged "safe". and when things got out of control, they used the bags they found in the house to kill them. i never, and you can look back to the beginning, thought that they came with the intent to murder.

I have thought this as well, from the beginning and as my theory said that I posted. However my suspects were TW and Mr. Z and I'm not so sure of them anymore.

Unless TW and Mr. Z have left the city, sounds to me like LE has fully cleared them.

LE wouldn't be waiting for TW to give birth so they can run a lie detector test on her if she'd been cleared.
"The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything." Oscar Wilde
Threatening memento left at grave of Springfield Twp. murder victim
Posted: Mar 08, 2011 4:03 AM EST
Updated: Mar 08, 2011 4:04 AM EST

OTTAWA HILLS, OH (WTOL) - The mother of Johnny Clarke says his grave marker was stolen and a disturbing memento was put in its place.

Clarke was brutally murdered in Springfield Township along with his girlfriend Lisa Straub.

He is buried in Memorial Park Cemetery in Ottawa Hills. Clarke's mother, Maytee Vazquez-Clarke,says she found an angel statue with a rope of beads around the angel's neck. She believes it was a symbolic message.

"Because of the way him and Lisa passed," she said. "They had bags over their heads, and they were bound around their necks."

The beaded rope is now in the hands of police for further investigation. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call CrimeStopper at 419-255-1111. A $16,000 reward is being offered.

(03-07-2011, 10:39 PM)curious Wrote: Wonder if all 409,000+ people who have viewed this thread donated $1 to the reward fund would make people start talking...

Great suggestion, curious!
"The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything." Oscar Wilde