Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-08-2011, 08:51 PM)Jane Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 06:44 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Sam's Club sells Duct Tape. Was it black or silver or grey?

I don't think we've heard what color it was.

I thought early on it was stated that the duct tape was black.
It's the hint of arsenic that gives it that extra kick.
(03-08-2011, 07:03 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote: I know what your saying, I kind of thought the same thing, because he was retiring, I' m thinking some of it is just his own opinion, like the "professional hit" and they have left the town...he probably figured he was out of there, so why not???

Hmmm, could be, Kat!

(03-08-2011, 08:55 PM)kfran Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 06:44 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Sam's Club sells Duct Tape. Was it black or silver or grey?
I thought early on it was stated that the duct tape was black.

maybe it was, I don't remember. Wonder if it was LE, who stated it, or a "local", here on Mock?

(03-08-2011, 07:07 PM)aileen Wrote: I will tell you honestly, since this crime, I normally have all my plastic grocery bags stuffed into a baggy keeper(for lack of a better name) which hangs on a cabinet door in my kitchen. Since this happened, I kept getting a sick/creepy feeling whenever I would grab one out. I thought to myself...I shouldn't keep these out like this!! And then I HID my duct tape! lol Am I the only one who now finds these items unsettling to have in their home??? Or am I just losing it....

hah

BLACK
(03-08-2011, 07:15 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 07:07 PM)aileen Wrote: I will tell you honestly, since this crime, I normally have all my plastic grocery bags stuffed into a baggy keeper(for lack of a better name) which hangs on a cabinet door in my kitchen. Since this happened, I kept getting a sick/creepy feeling whenever I would grab one out. I thought to myself...I shouldn't keep these out like this!! And then I HID my duct tape! lol Am I the only one who now finds these items unsettling to have in their home??? Or am I just losing it....

LOL, you got the heeeevy geeeevies...me too!! Cable guy came today and I made my hubby call me 3 times, LOL!!

115 but I see where u all are coming from tho. It is very creepy to think about! Signs_173
(03-08-2011, 08:06 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Methusala, i also think that the Sheriff disavowed the Sgt.'s comments in a subtle way.

I agree he did!

(03-08-2011, 09:01 PM)Jane Wrote:

hah

Puts a new perspective to "would you prefer paper or plastic"...
(03-08-2011, 08:36 PM)purplepegasus Wrote: Someone that lives in the straubs neighborhood. I guess people would come and go from Lisa's that were pretty shady. This person is about their age, maybe a little older so maybe he knew the people personally or maybe he judged by their looks. I know that's petty but I tend to steer clear of people that look like a lot of those kids in the pics of TW and crew. The conversation was super brief, kind of a hey I heard what happened in your neighborhood and they replied that they weren't worried, that they heard johnny was in a gang and that some pretty shady people would go in and out of the Straubs. Sorry I can't further that anymore as I didn't push for answers as this isn't someone I'm close to.

Thanks! I can understand that..

(03-08-2011, 09:02 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
BLACK

Do you remember who stated it was black?
Check out the posts in the pages of 180-188. Eastcoastkat makes a comment about it- maybe they remember.
It's the hint of arsenic that gives it that extra kick.
(03-08-2011, 07:53 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 07:51 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 12:26 AM)van64 Wrote:

does this imply that you are LE?
i had to laugh yesterday when someone said "no offense LC" and you replied "no offense taken". you presume to speak for me too?

you still haven't corrected your DOB and age "typo." frankly i think you're the biggest blowhard, arrogant know-it-all post whore i have seen in years. you put pink and netsleuth to shame for blah blah blah bullshit. it's like this is the *van* thread.
your nasty rude dismissive, supercilious and superior reply to the wife of a LEO was about the final straw for me. you attacked LE totally unfairly and viciously, and i am one lifelong altruistic cop that isn't going to put up with that crap in my forum. i didn't risk my life for years for you to come here and announce your contempt for me and my profession repeatedly. you can go to the LE thread Shitstorm started with your diatribe. be sure to post "feeding at the public trough" another 7 or 8 times, it appears to be your mantra. couldn't you learn another insult to parrot ad nauseum?
as far as i'm concerned, you can bugger on out of this thread. and stay out. i don't welcome you.

everyone else, please, i'd like to tighten up this thread and stop all the off-topic silly stuff. i try to keep crime forum threads as serious as they should be. i've been guilty of it too since we have been bored and restless, i do understand. thanks for hanging in! LC

[/quote]

Thank you LC for saying what Ive been thinking, only much more
eloquently and without the cuss words. I appreciate you.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
(03-08-2011, 09:57 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 07:53 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: does this imply that you are LE?
i had to laugh yesterday when someone said "no offense LC" and you replied "no offense taken". you presume to speak for me too?

you still haven't corrected your DOB and age "typo." frankly i think you're the biggest blowhard, arrogant know-it-all post whore i have seen in years. you put pink and netsleuth to shame for blah blah blah bullshit. it's like this is the *van* thread.
your nasty rude dismissive, supercilious and superior reply to the wife of a LEO was about the final straw for me. you attacked LE totally unfairly and viciously, and i am one lifelong altruistic cop that isn't going to put up with that crap in my forum. i didn't risk my life for years for you to come here and announce your contempt for me and my profession repeatedly. you can go to the LE thread Shitstorm started with your diatribe. be sure to post "feeding at the public trough" another 7 or 8 times, it appears to be your mantra. couldn't you learn another insult to parrot ad nauseum?
as far as i'm concerned, you can bugger on out of this thread. and stay out. i don't welcome you.

Thank you LC for saying what Ive been thinking, only much more
eloquently and without the cuss words. I appreciate you.

:agreed:

I have considerable appreciation and respect for LE!! Thanks LC!! Police
I've been reluctant to post this information, Thanks LC for giving me permission. While I've not been posting lately, I've been following this thread daily. Like many of you, I would love to see swift justice, bring peace to the Straub and Clarke families.
I decided on Feb 28th to call the Lucasville police department to express my concern as to why there have been no arrests. The Sgt replied in almost a low hushed voice "I know ma'am, we're trying, but it's difficult when we don't have any leads." I was floored, angry, and disappointed. The next day the Sheriff made a public statement. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel this department should be enudated with phone calls and emails until something happens. I believe if I was one of the parents of those two lovely kids, I'd camp outside LE's door until I get some answers.

i doubt that they actually have 'no leads', and of course they wouldn't reveal them to you on the phone. but perhaps some training in PR would have been helpful to the Sgt. who took your call. usually someone is designated as a PIO. (public information officer).

(03-08-2011, 10:17 PM)Winter Wrote: I've been reluctant to post this information, Thanks LC for giving me permission. While I've not been posting lately, I've been following this thread daily. Like many of you, I would love to see swift justice, bring peace to the Straub and Clarke families.
I decided on Feb 28th to call the Lucasville police department to express my concern as to why there have been no arrests. The Sgt replied in almost a low hushed voice "I know ma'am, we're trying, but it's difficult when we don't have any leads." I was floored, angry, and disappointed. The next day the Sheriff made a public statement. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel this department should be enudated with phone calls and emails until something happens. I believe if I was one of the parents of those two lovely kids, I'd camp outside LE's door until I get some answers.

No leads. how can that be. call them back and tell them to start at page one and keep reading. we have came up with every possible scenerio. then start eliminating.

DCTim?
I thought this might be interesting and perhaps relevant:

Teens And Duct Tape Are Drug Smugglers’ Latest Tactic

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2009/sep/16/tee...test-tact/
(03-08-2011, 10:20 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i doubt that they actually have 'no leads', and of course they wouldn't reveal them to you on tthe phone. but perhaps some training in PR would have been helpful to the Sgt. who took your call. usually someone is designated as a PIO. (public information officer).

I know, this I thought also. Especially all the blood evidence. My thoughts are if they didn't have evidence, they're more incompetent than I thought. Also for him to even say such as he did, leads me to believe they're not taking this case serious enough.
(03-08-2011, 09:17 PM)Jane Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 09:02 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
BLACK

Do you remember who stated it was black?

Page 331 a conversation I quote below:

- Jane - 02-19-2011 02:36 PM

<)EastCoastKat Wrote:
<)TotallyCurious Wrote:
<)Jane Wrote:
<)EastCoastKat Wrote:
<)EastCoastKat Wrote: I found this on the Toledo Central Security website, under the residential:

"We also offer video surveillance systems for the home. Once the system is installed, if you have a DSL or Cable internet connection, we can setup your Digital Video Recorder on your existing home computer network so you can monitor your cameras from an off-site location(i.e. from work or on vacation) for no additional monthly cost to you."

So maybe there was some type of video surveillance, and the perps got the manual out and checked how the system was set up and where the DVD recorder was?? I know that doesn't mean it was on, but maybe the perps didn't know that? And it was black duct tape, I don't know about anyone else but at my house we have a lot of duct tape laying around the basement and the garage but not black (old silver type), is black relatively new?

If the key is related to the security system, like Lady Cop said she read somewhere,I think the key was to a DVD recorder box, sometimes those boxes are hidden and locked.

aaah, ok. I didn't read that, sorry. So we know the house was set up with video cameras too? It's sure possible, hmmm

The Central Securities Documents may have highlighted all the major
spots in the house that were protected. If they looked at these,
perhaps they would see where the 'phantom safe' was. Once
they realize there is not wiring to a safe, they may have made a
phone call to someone who said......dont waste any moe time.

Wow, Curious that could be...why else would the security documents be strew around? Somebody was trying to figure something out!

damn! I keep forgetting about the security documents being out!
(03-08-2011, 10:17 PM)Winter Wrote: I've been reluctant to post this information, Thanks LC for giving me permission. While I've not been posting lately, I've been following this thread daily. Like many of you, I would love to see swift justice, bring peace to the Straub and Clarke families.

If you truly called the Lucasville police department, I am not surprised that they have no leads. They are probably not even aware of the case. Did you mean the Lucas County Sheriffs department?