Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
I think that every little thing they pick up and put in one of those little bags is considered evidence (lighter, pieces of baggy, photos, fingerprints, their clothing, anything that they believe may be of some importance). Maybe that actually isn't a large number of bags (items of evidence) for a double homicide in a home that has a lot of stuff in it? I don't know, but I'm sure that LC can tell us.
as discussed several times before, 100 pieces of evidence isn't so much. it could be 100 different little things as well as the big things. the key is connecting all the dots, making the evidence fit with possible suspects, and putting it all in a cohesive package to present to the DA. in other words, proof. the evidence is only part of the puzzle. this is not CSI on TV, this is real work and requires every piece to fit before making a case. it's a LOT of work.

(08-07-2011, 08:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [b]as discussed several times before, 100 pieces of evidence isn't so much.

I must be getting old or I'm missing something, because that is the first time I have ever seen the number of articles of evidence mentioned (just saw it in the Blade article last week). I guess this whole case has made my brain a little numb. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(08-07-2011, 09:05 PM)kitty1 Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 08:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [b]as discussed several times before, 100 pieces of evidence isn't so much.

I must be getting old or I'm missing something, because that is the first time I have ever seen the number of articles of evidence mentioned (just saw it in the Blade article last week). I guess this whole case has made my brain a little numb. Smiley_emoticons_smile

that precise exact number may have never been mentioned. maybe you should go back and read the entire first thread to be sure. hah
my point wasn't in the number of pieces of evidence cited. it was in what the evidence proves. 1 piece of evidence could be the critical one.

(08-07-2011, 09:08 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 09:05 PM)kitty1 Wrote:

that precise exact number may have never been mentioned. maybe you should go back and read the entire first thread to be sure. hah
my point wasn't in the number of pieces of evidence cited. it was in what the evidence proves. 1 piece of evidence could be the critical one.

Where is that damn emoticon when I need it. You know, the one where the Lady Cop has a big, ugly, fuzzy spider in her hair and I just sit there and laugh and don't help her get it out!!!hah
Good Morning,

I was thinking about this case last night, TW has had her baby, so a poly can be done...has one been done? With all the recent arrests of the "clan" it’s hard to believe that no one has said a word....??

Starting to REALLY think that this was someone OUTSIDE the group, outside the normal spectrum of criminals. After thinking about this case for months, with all the criminals’ cases I have had...I am really leaning towards out of state. AND the possibility of it being planned or organized by someone close seems likely.

This is my opinion, I think they should give this entire case a fresh set of eyes...like the Dodger Beating. I think a new set of eyes and opinions something might be seen that hasn’t been before. Smiley_emoticons_shocked
it may have been in thread #1, i posted Tiffany did take and pass a poly.

I usually don't click on this one much, but LC do you have a "person of interest" in this case.
(08-09-2011, 10:56 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I usually don't click on this one much, but LC do you have a "person of interest" in this case.

i do, but they have not been named by authorities. or me. Smiley_emoticons_stumm

The person of interest IMO is LS ex-boyfriend...
(08-09-2011, 11:20 AM)Sonny223 Wrote: The person of interest IMO is LS ex-boyfriend...

where have you been Sonny? Hibye

that isn't the personS i am thinking of, but everyone is entitled to their opinions. Smiley_emoticons_wink

I fixed it.. Anyways I've been busy, just had a baby girl, my first.. Also in late August I have decided to get my CCW..with all the violence/robberies and huge upswing in thefts Im not taking any chances.. Also it is the second Amendment to bear arms.
Congrats Sonny! I bet she is darling Smiley_emoticons_wink Everyone should have their CCW, that's for damn sure.
Thank you. Yes she is very cute.. But I must say that if I was going to committ a crime, and seen the victim had or was carrying a pistol, I sure as hell would not go along with my big plan to rob/steal.. I would take my business elsewhere, pick a weaker target/victim like a woman or old person.
Sonny: weaker victim like a woman

'scuse me??? lady_cop
you might get your ass capped. 79

congrats on baby! that's wonderful~~Smiley_emoticons_smile

I figured you would jump on that one LC..But the reason I said JS ex- boyfriend might be the person of interest, IMO, is because he knows the layout of the Longacre home pretty well IMO..He did date LS for a while, and probally knows that home like the back of his hand. Also, IMO he also has the most motivation to hurt LS/JC like the way they were killed. It was 100% someone close to them, IMO. Someone who had a rage, lost control, IMO a crime of passion.. This is just one of my theories..
(08-09-2011, 12:11 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: I figured you would jump on that one LC..But the reason I said JS ex- boyfriend might be the person of interest, IMO, is because he knows the layout of the Longacre home pretty well IMO..He did date LS for a while, and probally knows that home like the back of his hand. Also, IMO he also has the most motivation to hurt LS/JC like the way they were killed. It was 100% someone close to them, IMO. Someone who had a rage, lost control, IMO a crime of passion.. This is just one of my theories..

Sonny223, Congratulations on new baby girl! Glad to see you back again!
the EX-boyfriend is one of my theories also and right on he would know the inside of the Straub's home and possibly Lisa's routine - a shower right after work etc., I wondered if the EX-boyfriend's mother and father went to Florida for the winter - I found out that their home is not that far from the Straub's and he could have bicycled there - bitter cold out! but, it could still be done since the roads were clear of snow and their drive-way. We do know he got an invite to Lisa's funeral - I thought that was awfully strange and they had pictures of him there with Lisa.
Someone got in a RAGE to do this thats for sure my opinion only.
Thank you.. This also had to be committed by someone who is a loner, IMO, since the 50,000 dollar reward is still available.. If someone really new something, anything to help solve the crime, I'm sure 50,000 dollars would be good enough reason, let alone the sheer fact of a couple kids getting killed the way they did, to anonymously drop a tip..how simple!!! 50,000 dollars is a lot of money, you could get a bunch of pills for that!
i believe it was 2 or more people. needed to control the couple.

Well, what if the perp, who IMO acted alone, got JC first by surprise. Then LS heard the scuffle downstairs, since IMO, she was upstairs trying to change out of work clothes, comes down the stairs and JC is already tied up. Then the perp focuses all his attention on LS.. It could be done..