Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Mustang said ..."'A while back Jeff told me how awful he feels for Johnny's father having found the bodies and having to live with that memory..."

What a class act Jeff Straub must be to have had that concern for Johnnie's dad...
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
(04-18-2012, 10:08 AM)Mustang Wrote: NightOwl, I really don't have an opinion on what happened that night. I'm anxious to hear at trial what the investigation determined happened. Like everyone else, I believe the non-existent safe was a driving factor in the crime, but it wasn't just a burglary. The cruelty of the murders and the other factors indicate that it was personal. Whoever did this, or had it done, wanted cash (and lots of it) from Johnny.

I'm also as bothered as everyone else by Maytee's bizarre behavior, beginning on the night of the murders. I can't help but think that her actions and rantings are so over-the-top because, if not in some way responsible for what happened, she at least feels responsible. In my gut I believe she has good reason to feel that way and hope those details come to light. If for no other reason, just to get her to shut the fuck up.

In the meantime, we all continue to grieve for Lisa and pray for Jeff and Mary Beth as they face the difficulty of the trials and the gruesome details, crime scene photos, etc. that they will have to endure. A while back Jeff told me how awful he feels for Johnny's father having found the bodies and having to live with that memory. From that perspective, while it certainly won't be easy, Johnny's parents already know what to expect at trial, but for the Straub's it may be much more difficult to have to see these images for the first time. Knowing them as I do, I know they will remain strong and dignified in public, but the pain they will quietly endure is impossible for me to fathom.

Mustang, Magnificent post! You have a grand way of expressing your feelings and thoughts on everything. Are you going to the Trial? You'd make a great Mock reporter! If you're quite busy we understand but, even if you go for one day or two a detailed note for those that cannot attend the Trial would be greatly appreciated! Cheers
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau

It's utterly amazing to me that Lisa's dad can have compassion for Johnny's father but Maytee can't even make an effort to mention him in her prayers. I think it's very sad & awful, I can't even begin to imagine how many times finding his son dead has played out in his mind.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I wonder the same thing. :(
Lucas County Dockets more Discovery information for Williams and Pettaway
Monroe County Sheriff's reports is one request wonder if this has something to do with the Bedford Inn, Bedford, Michigan?

35 order Motions for Williams now posted up many denied a few granted, one partially denied and partially granted, 1 deemed moot and dismissed.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
#D40 - change of venue - DENIED

#D32 - GRANTED - something to do w/DNA evidence and discovery?

#D17 hah Samuel Todd just needs to STFU - so says the Judge -
(04-18-2012, 11:47 AM)Adub Wrote:
(04-18-2012, 08:22 AM)tlynne Wrote: The fact that aaron griffin is testifying makes me curious. I wonder if he has known what happened that night all along of if he just heard something in jail?

He may not know anything. AP is being called as a witness for the defendant, Cameo Pettaway.
In fact, all 3 are witnesses for the defense. Could just be to introduce reasonable doubt.

Hm i guess i misunderstood. I did not realize they were witnesses for cameo. I wonder why aaron would even want to get involved with this case any further since his name was brought up as a possible suspect very early on in the investigation? If it were me and i had nothing to do with this murder, i would probably just keep my mouth shut.
(04-19-2012, 10:06 PM)tlynne Wrote:
(04-18-2012, 11:47 AM)Adub Wrote:
(04-18-2012, 08:22 AM)tlynne Wrote: The fact that aaron griffin is testifying makes me curious. I wonder if he has known what happened that night all along of if he just heard something in jail?

He may not know anything. AP is being called as a witness for the defendant, Cameo Pettaway.
In fact, all 3 are witnesses for the defense. Could just be to introduce reasonable doubt.

Hm i guess i misunderstood. I did not realize they were witnesses for cameo. I wonder why aaron would even want to get involved with this case any further since his name was brought up as a possible suspect very early on in the investigation? If it were me and i had nothing to do with this murder, i would probably just keep my mouth shut.

tlynne, it was MayteeDramaqueen that pointed the finger at TW and Aaron Griffin not LE however LE interviewed this couple. My guess is Pettaway and Griffin met up in Jail, maybe Pettaway confided in Griffin who knows with these people but, let's not forget Griffin told Maytee he is not a snitch LOL.
It sure is a strange twist in the case!
Henry David Thoreau
I though A.P. was at home quietly doing his homework while this all went down. Blowing-kisses
(04-19-2012, 11:48 PM)lawheeze Wrote: I though A.P. was at home quietly doing his homework while this all went down. Blowing-kisses

Ditto!
Henry David Thoreau
Thanks, Duchess. Nice to see you.

Regarding Aaron Griffon: Just because he's called as a witness for the defense, it doesn't mean he wants to be called. Perhaps the defense is planning to attempt to create reasonable doubt by returning to the AG/TW must have done it scenario. Thank you, Maytee. Remember that the defense can float any theory they want to - even without proof. Watch them do that and call Maytee and grill her about how she said for months that they did it. Can you imagine how unglued she'd become?!

Expect fireworks.

I agree that Jeff Straub is very compassionate about John Sr. What a horror to carry that awful memory of finding your child and and his darling girlfriend murdered. I feel very sorry for John, too.
shitstorm wrote: I agree that Jeff Straub is very compassionate about John Sr. What a horror to carry that awful memory of finding your child and and his darling girlfriend murdered. I feel very sorry for John, too.

I feel more sorry for him being married to Maytee!
(04-20-2012, 04:53 AM)shitstorm Wrote: Thanks, Duchess. Nice to see you.

Regarding Aaron Griffon: Just because he's called as a witness for the defense, it doesn't mean he wants to be called. Perhaps the defense is planning to attempt to create reasonable doubt by returning to the AG/TW must have done it scenario. Thank you, Maytee. Remember that the defense can float any theory they want to - even without proof. Watch them do that and call Maytee and grill her about how she said for months that they did it. Can you imagine how unglued she'd become?!

Expect fireworks.

Good POV you might be right! Taylor & Dailey we've never heard of except for initial ET a mystery there.

SS glad your back.
Henry David Thoreau
(04-20-2012, 10:22 AM)Mustang Wrote: shitstorm wrote: I agree that Jeff Straub is very compassionate about John Sr. What a horror to carry that awful memory of finding your child and and his darling girlfriend murdered. I feel very sorry for John, too.

I feel more sorry for him being married to Maytee!

hahhahhah
Henry David Thoreau
(04-20-2012, 04:05 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 04:53 AM)shitstorm Wrote: Thanks, Duchess. Nice to see you.

Expect fireworks.

Good POV you might be right! Taylor & Dailey we've never heard of except for initial ET a mystery there.

SS glad your back.

I need to correct the above. Cancel out Dailey my error replace with Watson.
Henry David Thoreau
this case is very interesting to me , and how involved everyone is in it . and how sometimes it seems as though you guys know more then the only familys do ..is everything on here stated facts , from public documents, or simply just everyones own opinion
Blowing-kisses
but its not just about finding to see if someone is mentally challenged... its the wy their behavior and how they react to certain stuff, or if there crazy or bipolar .... not just being dum and retarded . so it is at least worth a try
Blowing-kisses
Gurl, it's a bit of both...fact and opinions.
I still believe that someone told the would be robbers/killers about all the inside information.. IMO also the robbery/ home invasion was planned out for a while, due to someone on the inside getting all the crucial details.. IMO also if it wasn't for the Straubs going on vacation, this may never had happened at all. The vacation set it stone, for the crIme to develop
As to Defendant Williams' Motion to Suppress Statements
this Court finds as follows:
1) Defendant unambiguously invoked his right to remain
silent and not answer questions;
2) Defendant did not initiate further questioning by
police after invoking his right to remain silent;
3) Defendant clearly expressed his desire for legal
counsel;
4) Defendant did not seek to initiate further exchanges
after expressing his desire for counsel.
Since police authorities did not honor either his
expression to remain silent, or his desire for counsel,
Defendant Williams' Motion to Suppress Statements #D8 is
found well-taken and is GRANTED.

This is the bottom line of a VERY VERY lenghty entry on 4-20
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]