Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(05-04-2012, 05:38 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i thought defense also wanted delay/continuance..i may be very mistaken! that's usually a defense tactic.
withholding discovery is one way to accomplish that.

Very strange I agree! but, John Thebes & Jane Roman William's Defense team said "It came as no surprise that lead Prosecutor in this case informed both Defense Council on April 30th, state would be asking for a continuance."

Defense did argue back about discovery material and stated they were ready for trial 29th May 2012 and had discovery material ready to be delivered May 8th, Defense is saying we are ready for trial but, the State is not. They go on to say the State probably needs additional time in pursuit of the truth and justice not only for their Defendant but, regarding other possible suspects who have not be formerly charged at this time. They said, that is indeed an honourable goal. However don't blame us for the continuance. The State is also waiting on updated DNA. The Defense stated they have assessed the impact of all 205 witnesses listed by the state and is ready to proceed in the cross-examination of each if necessary.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
in view of the memo, we should expect some movement in this case very soon...i.e. more arrests. if they are ready to charge they need to round them up and do it!

(05-04-2012, 06:24 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: in view of the memo, we should expect some movement in this case very soon...i.e. more arrests. if they are ready to charge they need to round them up and do it!

Right on! Lady Cop

ImaDick said away back Post #81

This case will hinge on the bragging of one of the involved at a later date it's inevitable for the age group it's all about getting cred for an act of violence.

Wisdom above I think!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau

I said to myself when I read through the trials for the men who murdered Dr. Petit's family that I would never again become invested in another trial, it was too much, day after day of horror, his family's terror was blowing my mind & here I am eagerly anticipating another murder trial with it's own unspeakable horror. *sigh* I've thought about Lisa & Johnny outside of Mock.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Owl, have you memorized all 20,000+ posts in this thread?? i've forgotten 23 of them! hah

When I read the document, I was very interested in possible other suspects and 205 witnesses! I've got to get a life. Seems I spend half my day looking for updates. I still wonder about Destiny. How could they keep her locked up so long and then nothing comes out of it.
A 24 yr. year old male that she appartently knew died last week. Just for the heck of it, yesterday I checked to see if she was on FB. The only post I could see was one she posted about that. The guy, I think, died suddenly. Her FB post was different than usual. It looked like it came through a travel thing. Could somebody that knows all the ins and outs of FB tell me what they think???? I was wondering if she is even in Toledo!l
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(05-04-2012, 06:24 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: in view of the memo, we should expect some movement in this case very soon...i.e. more arrests. if they are ready to charge they need to round them up and do it!

Lady Cop, couple questions for you if I may:

1. In a trial if someone is convicted can they ever leave the case open while they gather other suspects or do they have to "get everyone" in the same trial?

2. In regards to the spouse not having to testify, does that include anything pre-marriage as well?

Thanks!!

I'd recently been wondering whether there might be more people charged. It definitely seems possible to me that there could be more than 2 perps, something i'd kind of kept in the back of my mind. I guess we'll see.
(05-04-2012, 06:52 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: When I read the document, I was very interested in possible other suspects and 205 witnesses! I've got to get a life. Seems I spend half my day looking for updates. I still wonder about Destiny. How could they keep her locked up so long and then nothing comes out of it.
A 24 yr. year old male that she appartently knew died last week. Just for the heck of it, yesterday I checked to see if she was on FB. The only post I could see was one she posted about that. The guy, I think, died suddenly. Her FB post was different than usual. It looked like it came through a travel thing. Could somebody that knows all the ins and outs of FB tell me what they think???? I was wondering if she is even in Toledo!l

Josh Budlight Bean was on his way to his sister's home late late after 2 am he hit a tree. His real name is Joshua Bean google in his name Toledo, Ohio the News Media has his story. His Facebook as Josh Budlight Bean is still up his sister is on there.

Destiny may have clicked on to the Video on Trip Advisor plus she left a comment at the bottom of the video since doing that, Trip Advisor posted it to her wall. You can click on Budlight's pictures on Trip Advisor enjoy hah hah

Good question about Destiny we don't know but, I am sure Ronnie Wingate will be watching this Trial. I think she visited Florida again this year with an Aunt and little cousin they went for the little girls birthday.

Just keeping on top of it all LOL can you imagine 205 witnesses OMG hah hah
Henry David Thoreau
(05-04-2012, 06:14 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: fascinating memo by defense in response to prosecutor.

PDF document.

http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/obpublicacc...3a141a9e69

New DNA info NOT connected to Williams. I hope this means they have another hit on another known entity.

208 witnesses for the state. WOW. Seems like a lot of those witnesses would be the reluctant variety.

LC, do you know anything about Madrid and if she is going to add anything of value in the prosecution?
(05-04-2012, 06:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I said to myself when I read through the trials for the men who murdered Dr. Petit's family that I would never again become invested in another trial, it was too much, day after day of horror, his family's terror was blowing my mind & here I am eagerly anticipating another murder trial with it's own unspeakable horror. *sigh* I've thought about Lisa & Johnny outside of Mock.

I, too, have thought about Johnny and Lisa outside of Mock. I'm assuming we all have at some point. What got me interested in the case in the first place was the act in which they were murdered. It was very heinous. I am awaiting the trials, myself. It's just a horrible case.
(05-04-2012, 06:51 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Owl, have you memorized all 20,000+ posts in this thread?? i've forgotten 23 of them! hah

No way! hahhah
Henry David Thoreau
(05-04-2012, 07:24 PM)Aberlin Wrote:

Lady Cop, couple questions for you if I may:

1. In a trial if someone is convicted can they ever leave the case open while they gather other suspects or do they have to "get everyone" in the same trial?

2. In regards to the spouse not having to testify, does that include anything pre-marriage as well?

Thanks!!

welcome back! you may have missed this post:

spouses cannot be forced to testify against each other. the exception is when it involves abuse of a child.
this is a general statement and may vary in different jurisdictions.

more:

http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/marital-privilege/

&

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionar...+Privilege

and to answer 1., new evidence can always come up post-trial. and 'new' or previously unknown participants revealed or caught.
the one convicted can never be tried again of course, but can have conviction overturned or ask for a new trial in the face of new evidence. it has to be pretty compelling.
or it could simply mean new convictions in the matter.

(05-04-2012, 07:34 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 06:14 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: fascinating memo by defense in response to prosecutor.

PDF document.

http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/obpublicacc...3a141a9e69

LC, do you know anything about Madrid and if she is going to add anything of value in the prosecution?

i have asked certain of my informants about madrid. i was also shocked when she was sprung. i couldn't get the conclusive answer i wanted. i can only surmise that they got what they needed/wanted from her. and that she is still on the hook for obstruction. maybe she's a witness at this point. that's a guess. but she had a HUGE bond, so she had to give up something.

(05-04-2012, 07:28 PM)koko Wrote:

I'd recently been wondering whether there might be more people charged. It definitely seems possible to me that there could be more than 2 perps, something i'd kind of kept in the back of my mind. I guess we'll see.

more arrests could be accessories. not necessarily participants in murders.

Older Than Dirt, one of Cameo Pettaway's friends has decided to change his ways he mentions Budlight Bean on Facebook:

JB
between crying ,laughing and just memories josh i love and miss you bro be at peace we will see you and you use. josh bro you you might be gone but never forgotten.
Share · April 29 at 6:58pm

here is the statement on his change:-so i have come to realize that i'm not living the right path so i'm cutting my ties to some people and some friends to better my life its not anyone's fault its just better this way. So i'm gonna work on being a better father and brother and son and husband just a better man period and only one person can truly help me and that's God
Share · April 22 at 11:38am ·
15 people like this.

ALP
I did the same thing a couple months ago cause I was headed in the complete wrong direction it has worked out fuckin amazing for me so far it's alot better when the light is bright at the end of the tunnel
April 23 at 3:52am via mobile

ALP is now going steady with BJ Snyder's ex-girlfriend remember him from the Robbery of the Pizza Shop with a metal baseball bat he's in prison. hah hah

Let us pray change is in the wind for Toledo!!
Henry David Thoreau
A little tidbit of info I heard, a Brian Madrid, not sure if related to destiny, was shot at in south Toledo last week. He was working out at Super fitness on Reynolds rd, someone must of waited for him to come out, and shot at him a bunch of times. I think he was hit too. Not sure if related though
(05-04-2012, 10:15 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: A little tidbit of info I heard, a Brian Madrid, not sure if related to destiny, was shot at in south Toledo last week. He was working out at Super fitness on Reynolds rd, someone must of waited for him to come out, and shot at him a bunch of times. I think he was hit too. Not sure if related though

Crime reports

Shootings

Brian Madrid, shot at in 1200 block of North Reynolds.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Daily-Log/201...-3-09.html

That says March 9th, unless it's an additional shooting.

Same Brian, I presume:

http://www.mugshotsonline.com/ohio/perry...d/25329211

(there are several of this one on Mugshots Online)
From what I have seen on facebook of Destiny's Madrid family members, they are good people.
Yes same Brian, good job adub, it was like a month ago not 1 week. He has about 10 arrests on mugshots online. Wow