Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
of course the court is delaying , from my understanding samuel williams has to very good lawyers and they are building up there defense... with his good lawyers and ''some'' lack of evidence its hard to build the case ... example ''Casey anthony'' trial .. WE all know she did it but the evidence is where they lacked. now that the DNA has not matched to him , can they still place him at the crime ?? or just at the party ???

And also Pettaways trial will not be Delayed like Williams being that in the beginning of the Trial he signed a paper that waived the timing on his end.. he basically wants what he can get . He dont have lawyers he has Public Defenders. and those people IMO suck ! so he has to take what he can get to where Sam who did go to College and did study about the Law , knows that it takes valuable time to build up this case that cant mess this up , because one slip up can affect there whole Defense mechanism.
Blowing-kisses
Lovely sentiments gurl, but someone already told you that both defendants have Public Defenders. End of that story. I hope.
(05-09-2012, 09:07 PM)gurl2323 Wrote: of course the court is delaying , from my understanding samuel williams has to TWO very good lawyers and they are building up there THEIR defense... with his good lawyers and ''some'' lack of evidence its hard to build the case ... example ''Casey anthony'' trial .. WE all know she did it but the evidence is where they lacked.NO there was plenty of evidence, the jury were complete idiots. now that the DNA has not matched to him WHO SAYS?? , can they still place him at the crime ?? or just at the party ???he was not at "party"

And also Pettaways trial will not be Delayed like Williams being that in the beginning of the Trial he signed a paper that waived the timing on his end.. he basically wants what he can get . He dont doesn't have lawyers he has Public Defenders. and those people IMO suck and you know this because...? ! so he has to take what he can get to where Sam who did go to College and did study about the Law they study law at CC?? hahaha , knows that it takes valuable time to build up this case that cant mess this up , because one slip up can affect there THEIR whole Defense mechanism.

is this a product of a toledo college?? hah

(05-09-2012, 09:45 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 09:07 PM)gurl2323 Wrote: of course the court is delaying , from my understanding samuel williams has to TWO very good lawyers and they are building up there THEIR defense... with his good lawyers and ''some'' lack of evidence its hard to build the case ... example ''Casey anthony'' trial .. WE all know she did it but the evidence is where they lacked.NO there was plenty of evidence, the jury were complete idiots. now that the DNA has not matched to him WHO SAYS?? , can they still place him at the crime ?? or just at the party ???he was not at "party"

And also Pettaways trial will not be Delayed like Williams being that in the beginning of the Trial he signed a paper that waived the timing on his end.. he basically wants what he can get . He dont doesn't have lawyers he has Public Defenders. and those people IMO suck and you know this because...? ! so he has to take what he can get to where Sam who did go to College and did study about the Law they study law at CC?? hahaha , knows that it takes valuable time to build up this case that cant mess this up , because one slip up can affect there THEIR whole Defense mechanism.

you dont have to spell check nor correct me . my language is fine , if you or whoever else dont like it , so be it . Im still going to state my opinion ! Here on mock it says the DNA did not match i will pull it but im saying this based on what im reading .
Yes Jury was dumb in Casey Anthonys trial , i hate that bi*** , and i dont stand for the government and their laws , but they lacked their dumb founded evidence that was right in front of their faces .
Its not about what you know in court , its what you can prove in court
and lastly you dont have to go to school for law to know about law, theres a thing called a library full of diffrent books about the stuff. In the Public Documents they compare his story to another story that was years ago , he could have easily studied that !
Blowing-kisses
(05-09-2012, 09:45 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:

and about the party there were so many rumors about a party the night before at the straubs place , plenty of people have said it . im thinking on all sides thats what you have to do in a case like this
innocent until proven guilty right .

IMO their and more people out there are guilty , but the way our justice system works now a days you have to think like that . On every side , put yourself in a jurors spot i would be thinking all of these things
Blowing-kisses
(05-04-2012, 07:34 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 06:14 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: fascinating memo by defense in response to prosecutor.

PDF document.

http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/obpublicacc...3a141a9e69

New DNA info NOT connected to Williams. I hope this means they have another hit on another known entity.

208 witnesses for the state. WOW. Seems like a lot of those witnesses would be the reluctant variety.

LC, do you know anything about Madrid and if she is going to add anything of value in the prosecution?

Am i reading this wrong , that DNA is NOT connected with williams, or is there multiple stuff and thats just 1 thing thats not connected to him
Blowing-kisses
Was anybody able able to read the documents that I posted earlier????? I can't open them on the Lucas County site or where I posted them here! But, I was sure that Pettaway(lawyer) has asked for a 45 day delay.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Bhttp://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2012/05/10/Defense-awaits-evaluation-of-suspect-s-mental-status.htmllade
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2012/0...tatus.html SORRY,I SCREWED UP!
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...ready.html
thanks Dirtlady. all the PDFs you have posted have been good. Smiley_emoticons_smile

i said this months ago, they can't execute the retarded so they will try to establish a low IQ, under 75.
oh it also seems continuance denied. in pettaway.
and Bates won't recuse himself.

sorry 'gurl', but ignorant people who can't spell C-A-T have no cred with me. hah anyone who spells girl as gurl is some pitiful sad fool.

[Image: Cameo-Pettaway.jpg]

toledo blade
Attorneys for a Toledo man charged in the 2011 asphyxiation deaths of a Springfield Township couple are awaiting an opinion to determine whether Cameo Pettaway has a mental disability, and so would be ineligible for the death penalty.

Defense attorney Mark Geudtner said Wednesday in Lucas County Common Pleas Court that a report is forthcoming based on evaluations of Mr. Pettaway. He said depending on the information in that report, the defense would file the appropriate motions.

Judge James Bates noted the U.S. Supreme Court has made it clear that people with mental disabilities are not subject to execution.

Mr. Pettaway, 22, of 133 Essex St., is charged with two counts of aggravated murder, one count of aggravated burglary, and two counts of kidnapping. He faces the death penalty if convicted.

Mr. Pettaway and co-defendant Samuel Williams, 24, of 1626 Kelsey Ave. are charged in the Jan. 31, 2011, asphyxiation deaths of Lisa Straub and Johnny Clarke. The pair were found bound by duct tape, with plastic bags over their heads, in the home of Ms. Straub's parents on Longacre Lane home.

Both men have trial dates set for May 29.

Judge Bates referenced the upcoming trial date and asked both the prosecution and defense be ready to file memorandums with the court regarding the issue if necessary.

Also at Wednesday's court appearance, Judge Bates ruled on recent motions filed by both sides.

Mr. Pettaway's lawyers filed a notice of defendant's withdrawal of Remittal of Disqualification, stating that Judge Bates should disqualify himself as the judge in the case.

Specifically, the notice stated Mr. Pettaway did not "genuinely understand the purpose and significance of the Remittal of Disqualification when he signed it."

Because Judge Bates is married to Lucas County Prosecutor Julia Bates, a remittal document is signed by each defendant whose case is assigned to him.

The remittal states the defendant is aware Judge Bates is the husband of Mrs. Bates and that "it is hereby agreed that the perceived conflict of interest is immaterial and the Judge may participate in the proceedings."

The remittal was signed Oct. 25 by Mr. Pettaway and his lawyers, Mr. Geudtner and Merle Dech.

Judge Bates said Wednesday that in the months since the remittal was signed, he has not talked about the case with his wife. He further said he has ruled on many motions in the case.

The judge denied the notice saying that "nothing has changed as far as this court is concerned" since the remittal was signed. That decision can be appealed.

The judge also denied a request by the prosecutor's office to continue the trial date.

Jeff Lingo, chief of the criminal division said the request was a result of the state having not yet received expert reports from the defense that are due 21 days before trial.

Judge Bates noted any evidence not complying with the rules might be excluded at trial.

A motion to continue the trial is also pending in Williams' case before Judge Dean Mandros.

Thanks, LC! I didn't take the time to read the article throughly. I just wanted to get it posted.
What's all the talk about DNA not being connected to Williams? The DNA on the cigarette butt matched the oral swabs they did of Williams. Other DNA has also been matched with Pettaway but the Docket doesn't state which item.

Unless I've missed something, the DNA not connected to Williams or Pettaway is simply new found DNA. This could mean anything though because it doesn't state if it was blood, etc. Could be as minor as DNA on a glass someone was drinking from at the party the night before. Could be everything, could be nothing.

As far as the retardation argument, don't worry, there will be other experts the prosecution brings if there is an issue.

Having said that, these boys displayed logical thinking just by their facebook posts (being nice here lol), and most importantly, illegal profits.

"All in a day's work" is what Pettaway said with stacks of money. As a small business owner myself (a legal one I might add), it takes A LOT of logical thinking and self motivation to run your own business. Its a horrendous amount of work. This is true for illegal businesses as well; they have fierce competitors and to show profit, you have to exceed the accomplishments of those competitors.

Pettaway was making a lot of profit which means he out thought his competitors...otherwise, everyone would just go to "the other guys".
(05-10-2012, 01:27 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Was anybody able able to read the documents that I posted earlier????? I can't open them on the Lucas County site or where I posted them here! But, I was sure that Pettaway(lawyer) has asked for a 45 day delay.

I cannot read the documents to-night either but, they worked earlier on hah must be Northwest Ohio atmosphere LOL.

Thanks! for the Blade find. I'm so cheeky, I wonder if the glasses the accused is wearing were paid for by the State?
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
SHITSTORM: I have to chuckle at how insane that sounds - retarded people in college.

Students with mental disabilities actually can go to college and graduate. They get special help because of their documented disabilities from their mental health doctors.
(05-09-2012, 07:41 PM)shitstorm Wrote: violent criminals who are probably animal abusers. Fuck, that makes me mad.

The inmates only train the animals to become service dogs. The dogs then go to disabled citizens.
If the only evidence that places Williams at the crime scene is DNA from the CIG BUT then Williams defense can make whatever they want up for the reason why the cig but was there.

He originally told detectives he was never at the STRAUBS house. But the judge will not let this information be said to the jury because Williams said he wanted his lawyer.

If the judge let the prosecutors use this information and Williams was found guilty; he easily could have been granted a mis trial and won an appeal.
Mockers please correct me if I'm wrong; usually I wouldn't post something unless I had a sense of certainty behind the statement.

d505, I could be wrong here, but I recall when I was reading through the entire Dockets for Williams, there was mention of the cigarette butt being found near the bodies. I assumed, again this is just opinion here, that meant it was on the floor next to the bodies.

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

Also, there's over 200 witnesses, audited cell phone records, and months of hard work between the police and FBI. They have their guys; they wouldn't have picked up someone after all those months of investigating (especially with assistance from the FBI). My question is do they have ALL their conspirators? We'll see soon enough I'm sure.

There's a lot of discovery items lists with very vague descriptions that the Prosecution has been providing the Defense. Plus there's two confidential witness and someone initialed "TJ" is doing a "plea bargin" in the case. I found that extremely fascinating (though TJ is mentioned in Pettaway's Dockets).

Second question to my fellow Mockers, does anyone know anything else about this TJ character's plea? I don't want to risk an insider revealing the name/identity so lets be careful here.

Thanks everyone!! Keep those posts coming!!
Title : HRGSmiley_emoticons_razzRETRIAL HEARING HELD
771-000020160 issued by 226 ()

May 10, 2012. Court Reporter JANET TERRY, Assistant
Prosecutor JEFFREY LINGO, MERLE R. DECH on behalf of the
Defendant, and Defendant CAMEO PETTAWAY present in
court.

Matter called for Pretrial Hearing. Pretrial held. Jury
excuses conducted. Arguments heard on defendant's Notice
of Withdrawal of Remittal of Disqualification filed May 8,
2012 and State's of Ohio's Motion to Continue Trial Date
filed May 8, 2012.

The Court finds that defendant's Notice of Withdrawal of
Remittal of Disqualification and the State of Ohio's
Motion to Continue Trial Date not well taken and is
DENIED.

Trial date of May 29, 2012 is confirmed.

Bond is continued.

JUDGE JAMES D. BATES
PARTY : D1 - PETTAWAY CAMEO
yee haa! hah
i adore this judge.