• 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Why's that LC?
5/10/2012 1 Title : PLD:REPLY
FILED BY PROSECUTOR
IN SUPPORT OF MTN TO CONTINUE TRIAL DATE
PARTY : D1 - WILLIAMS SAMUEL TODD
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Looks like Bates is full speed ahead! Good!
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(05-10-2012, 01:13 PM)Pico45 Wrote: Why's that LC?
no BS

Judge Bates is known for being a little strict. No Pre Trials for the most part in his courtroom. Either take the plea or go to trial. In most cases.

Also, if you are to appear before him, you better be on time. They take roll immediately and if you are not there-even one minute late-you get nabbed with failure to appear.

This is what my lawyer friend told me. Not from experience!
LOL!
(05-10-2012, 05:20 AM)d505 Wrote: If the only evidence that places Williams at the crime scene is DNA from the CIG BUT then Williams defense can make whatever they want up for the reason why the cig but was there.

He originally told detectives he was never at the STRAUBS house. But the judge will not let this information be said to the jury because Williams said he wanted his lawyer.

If the judge let the prosecutors use this information and Williams was found guilty; he easily could have been granted a mis trial and won an appeal.

Interesting 'd505', I am thinking the Prosecutors' have something more solid than a cigarette stub.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(05-10-2012, 12:23 PM)Aberlin Wrote: There's a lot of discovery items lists with very vague descriptions that the Prosecution has been providing the Defense. Plus there's two confidential witness and someone initialed "TJ" is doing a "plea bargin" in the case. I found that extremely fascinating (though TJ is mentioned in Pettaway's Dockets).

Aberlin, the discovery doesn't tell us where the cigarette stub was found.

"TJ" has been mentioned on Mock already he's on Mugshotsonline.com
he is Travis Erice Jones and more than one mugshot, he was wrongfully arrested for murder at one time. TJ then is arrested for aggravated robbery of a BP gasoline station, he is in jail shortly before Cameo Pettaway's arrival. I believe he is doing a "plea bargain" IMO.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(05-10-2012, 01:24 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Looks like Bates is full speed ahead! Good!

Many thanks! to our round the clock reporter here. I also like Judge James Bates, great job!
Henry David Thoreau
(05-10-2012, 03:45 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 12:23 PM)Aberlin Wrote: There's a lot of discovery items lists with very vague descriptions that the Prosecution has been providing the Defense. Plus there's two confidential witness and someone initialed "TJ" is doing a "plea bargin" in the case. I found that extremely fascinating (though TJ is mentioned in Pettaway's Dockets).

Aberlin, the discovery doesn't tell us where the cigarette stub was found.

"TJ" has been mentioned on Mock already he's on Mugshotsonline.com
he is Travis Erice Jones and more than one mugshot, he was wrongfully arrested for murder at one time. TJ then is arrested for aggravated robbery of a BP gasoline station, he is in jail shortly before Cameo Pettaway's arrival. I believe he is doing a "plea bargain" IMO.

Thanks for the correction Night Owl. I appreciate you clearing that up.

As for this "plea agreement" (as stated in the Docket under Discover Items) I'm assuming this could only mean a plea agreement on information regarding what happened as its "Discovery Items" from the Prosecution and not the State (unless, again, I'm mistaken and it was the Defense that mentioned the plea agreement).

Feedback?
(05-09-2012, 11:41 PM)gurl2323 Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 07:34 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 06:14 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: fascinating memo by defense in response to prosecutor.

PDF document.

http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/obpublicacc...3a141a9e69

New DNA info NOT connected to Williams. I hope this means they have another hit on another known entity.

208 witnesses for the state. WOW. Seems like a lot of those witnesses would be the reluctant variety.

LC, do you know anything about Madrid and if she is going to add anything of value in the prosecution?

Am i reading this wrong , that DNA is NOT connected with williams, or is there multiple stuff and thats just 1 thing thats not connected to him

I believe that's the case, gurl. It's some NEW or ADDITIONAL DNA evidence. It sounds to me like previous DNA evidence most certainly DOES connect Williams to the murders.

I don't think that Williams or Pettaway were at the party the night before so there is no reason that either of their DNA should be in that house.
(05-10-2012, 04:50 AM)d505 Wrote: SHITSTORM: I have to chuckle at how insane that sounds - retarded people in college.

Students with mental disabilities actually can go to college and graduate. They get special help because of their documented disabilities from their mental health doctors.

There's a difference between retarded and other learning issues. One can be dyslexic and can be intelligent and perfectly able to learn. There's no way that a college should be admitting retarded people because they don't have the mental capacity for college level work. IMO, this is very significant and it could torpedo efforts by the defense on this retardation issue. If they can get an expert to say Williams (I think he's the one who was enrolled at Owens) is retarded, Owens could easily refute that by showing that he passed college entrance exams.
The main retardation push is with Pettaway. I thought glasses were supposed to made one look nerdy, or intelligent. Not retarded. But Cameo looks down right retarded with those glasses on. And he was recieving SSI? Is he blind? Legally?

Dang, Pettaway should of used the tard excuse much sooner in his criminal career. He may have had a more sympathetic Judge.
You guys are making me feel like I'm imagining things! Thank God for Google:

2/29/2012 28 Title : MTN:MOTION FILED
TO EXTEND FILING DEADLINE FOR MOTIONS RELATED TO MENTAL
RETARDATION
MTN # D26
PARTY : D1 - WILLIAMS SAMUEL TODD

http://mockforums.net/post-227557.html#pid227557

It's both of them that the defenses are trying to get declared retarded.
The state must have one hell of a case and a ton of evidence for these 2 clowns. Both of these guys are guilty, everyone knows it.. To try to convince people that they are mentally retarded speaks volumes: speaks guilty on so many levels. If this ploy fails, what's next? Sleepwalking defense?
(05-10-2012, 08:29 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: The state must have one hell of a case and a ton of evidence for these 2 clowns. Both of these guys are guilty, everyone knows it.. To try to convince people that they are mentally retarded speaks volumes: speaks guilty on so many levels. If this ploy fails, what's next? Sleepwalking defense?

Nah, probably the Twinkie defense will be employed next. Then, the "mommy was mean to me" defense. THEN the sleepwalking defense. Maybe all three along with the retardation strategy. I agree; these clowns are goin' down hard.
Molested by the father defense? I think that one will slide. Mayb one of these guys can drum enough pimp money to pay off a juror?
(05-10-2012, 08:41 PM)Sonny223 Wrote: Molested by the father defense? I think that one will slide. Mayb one of these guys can drum enough pimp money to pay off a juror?

Or, the meter reader did it?
Sonny, do you live in Toledo and, if so, do you have any reliable sources who think they know what happened?
I will never forget this saying for as long as I live, " if the gloves don't fit you must acquit" as guilty OJ Simpson tried to squeeze on gloves that really did fit.. What a good actor. Naked gun.