Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(05-21-2012, 11:42 PM)gurl2323 Wrote:
(05-21-2012, 08:03 PM)Adub Wrote: Aaron is appealing his conviction. The brief that was filed tells the whole story. Kind of sucks. The story that is. Not sure I agree with the jury. Anyone read it?

hes appealing it to not testify , or hes apealing his own conviction

His own conviction.
on tiffanys fb she was posting everyday , and then stoped from jan 27 to feb 9 ! then post this

just wish things would get better....i hate this shit..people look at me and point the finger .nobody is perfect,and ive been threw alot and life and not once have i ever forgot about my kids.i love them to death,just wish people would realize i got to get myself together i mean damn i was fucked up on some damn pills and now i aint fucked with them in a month and a week thats a step up..now my goal is to get my life back on track...when donald died i got hooked on pills bad and i finally realized aint no drug more important then my babies..so go ahead judge me ,say what youi want but i love my babies and i will get my life back on track....just know no ones life is perfect...

she never showed remorse for the slaying until jan 31st the 1 year anniversary and all it was a pic ...

here are some of her postings underneath this status

Tiffany Williams i got hooked in the game,and i aint let it take me out like no bitch.i realized alot .mua fuckas wanna judge.dont no one know the feeling about a drug taking you under..but i do ..i know the real.im a real ass bitch and i aint afraid to admit.yeah i hit rock bottom but all i can do now is work my way back up to the top.no one is perfert out here.so who are you to judge my life.

also this one .

Tiffany Williams if i could take it all back i would but i cant all i know its a lesson learnt and too all yaw that wanna judge me watch me im get it all back but there aint no one that can say they been threw what i have.

to me thats crying out for a confession
Blowing-kisses
(05-22-2012, 12:08 AM)Adub Wrote:
(05-21-2012, 11:42 PM)gurl2323 Wrote:
(05-21-2012, 08:03 PM)Adub Wrote: Aaron is appealing his conviction. The brief that was filed tells the whole story. Kind of sucks. The story that is. Not sure I agree with the jury. Anyone read it?

hes appealing it to not testify , or hes apealing his own conviction

His own conviction.

if he does that , and its granted which most likely it wont happen . bt if it does , does that mean he wont have to testify any more ??

or it could simply mean that hes appealing it to get lesser time and lesser charge in exchange for murder case
Blowing-kisses
OK. RE: Griffin The appeal of his sentencing is dated 11-2-11. Now, I'm going to attempt to copy the last document on this case dated 2-15-12. It is quite interesting (at least it is to me) ,but very VERY lenghty. Here it is! http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/obpublicacc...07caade671
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Much earlier today (technically yesterday) I was on the Ohio Supreme Court site. It listed cases for this week. I didn't see anything about Pettaway or Bates.
So, I don't see anyway Pettaway's trial will start 5-29! Anybody agree?
(05-22-2012, 01:21 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: OK. RE: Griffin The appeal of his sentencing is dated 11-2-11. Now, I'm going to attempt to copy the last document on this case dated 2-15-12. It is quite interesting (at least it is to me) ,but very VERY lenghty. Here it is! http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/obpublicacc...07caade671

Hey! Older Than Dirt, you did it! great job! it is a far out story, it all begins with Tiffany having $375 in her purse stolen and this Lynch woman was apparently a friend, Tiffany wakes up and finds the money stolen and her
man Aaron decides to go after the culprit hah I know I shouldn't laugh!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(05-22-2012, 01:44 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: So, I don't see anyway Pettaway's trial will start 5-29! Anybody agree?

The Toledo Blade article is all I saw on Supreme Court Website news.

How can the trial possibly begin if they are waiting on a ruling from the Supreme Court Justice.

I agree with you!

Do you think the trial for Williams will begin 5/29?
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
I certainly hope that Williams trial starts as scheduled!!!!!
(05-22-2012, 01:21 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: OK. RE: Griffin The appeal of his sentencing is dated 11-2-11. Now, I'm going to attempt to copy the last document on this case dated 2-15-12. It is quite interesting (at least it is to me) ,but very VERY lenghty. Here it is! http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/obpublicacc...07caade671

very interesting that samuel williams wife starla , was a witness in aaron griffins case
Blowing-kisses
(05-22-2012, 10:06 PM)gurl2323 Wrote:

very interesting that samuel williams wife starla , was a witness in aaron griffins case

Everyone knows everyone in the ghetto!
(05-22-2012, 10:06 PM)gurl2323 Wrote:

The name does not match it's Starla Williams formerly Cowell, just a mix up there but, it sure was strange another Starla name cropping up like this. Starla Williams is banned from Judge James Bates court room and Maytee.
Henry David Thoreau
Published: 5/24/2012

Trial delayed for defendant in double murder
BY ERICA BLAKE
BLADE STAFF WRITER

Facebook Twitter Reddit Digg E-mail Print Rss
The trial for one of two men charged in the capital murder case involving the asphyxiation deaths of a Springfield Township couple was rescheduled Wednesday in Lucas County Common Pleas Court to July 17.

Cameo Pettaway, 22, of 133 Essex St. is charged in the Jan. 31, 2011, deaths of Lisa Straub and Johnny Clarke. They were found bound by duct tape, with plastic bags over their heads, in the Longacre Lane home of Ms. Straub's parents.

Judge James Bates had set a trial date for next Tuesday but noted in court Wednesday that a request to have him removed as judge in the case has been filed and remains pending in the Ohio Supreme Court.

The judge further noted he is unable to make any rulings on outstanding issues in the case until that request has been decided. Because of that, he said, next week's trial date would have to be moved.

Mr. Pettaway's court-appointed attorneys, Merle Dech and Mark Geudtner, filed an affidavit for disqualification May 14 with the Ohio Supreme Court, saying the removal of Judge Bates was "necessary in order to assure defendant's rights to due process and a fair and reliable trial."

In a written response filed with the high court, the judge said the request came at the "11th hour" and called it a "ploy for appeal."

Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor has not issued a decision. Until a decision is made, the case remains on hold in Common Pleas Court.

Mr. Pettaway's co-defendant, Samuel Williams, 24, of 1626 Kelsey Ave., also has a trial date set for Tuesday.

A request by the prosecutor's office to push back the trial is pending before Judge Dean Mandros.

In its request, the prosecutor's office requested a new trial date "because defendant had not provided any discovery to the state."

The judge has scheduled a hearing Friday at which the issue is likely to be addressed.

The lawyers involved in both cases could not comment on the pending motions because gag orders have been issued.
Have there been any leaks indicating that one or both of them might turn on each other?
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
Older Than Dirt, there is a possibility this trial could drag on until Christmas! Never a boring moment on this thread!

Appreciate the Blade update article!
Henry David Thoreau
When I posted that ,I thought OMG will these trials start in 2013?

i couldn't get this to come up. could someone who has read it give write a little synopsis. i'm pretty curious. thanks.
http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/obpublicacc...785a92a54e
I have noticed that when I post documents that they are only available for a short time. I don't know how long because I have never checked. I have already read them. You can always go to Lucas County Court Dockets to find them.
(05-25-2012, 12:53 PM)pfifltrigg Wrote:

i couldn't get this to come up. could someone who has read it give write a little synopsis. i'm pretty curious. thanks.

pfifltrigg, would you let me and Older Than Dirt know if you got to read the link. Do you have an opinion? Thanks!
Henry David Thoreau