Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-14-2012, 05:44 PM)koko Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 04:00 PM)Mustang Wrote: On another note, I've been told that due to limited space it will be necessary to have your name on a list to ensure that you're allowed to attend the trials. I've asked the Straubs to put me on their list, and although I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to attending, I'll be there as much as I can to support them, and will share information here.
Also, Lisa's sister Lindsey and some of Lisa's friends have been served with subpoenas as witnesses for the DEFENSE. Not sure what they're up to but my guess would be to use those closest to Lisa to either paint her as a hard-partying drug dealer with lot's of potential enemies, or to try to establish the existence of a jealous previous boyfriend or two whose rage could have led to the murder of Lisa and her current "boyfriend." I'm guessing LC will have a much more informed opinion on the defense's strategy re: the subpoenas.

Thanks for the heads up, Mustang. Was really hoping to be able to attend, as I've spent a good deal of time following/thinking about this case. But, it's understandable why they're using the lists. Please let the Straubs know there are strangers out here who keep them in their thoughts & prayers

about the subpoenas, ugh...what a shitty situation to be put in by the defense.

I'm guessing that it's not actually NECESSARY to be on the list. I assume the list is to ensure access for the family of the victims, and I suppose the defendant, with whatever seats left being first-come, first-served. With high profile cases such as these there will be a lot of media people taking up seats (and you know they'll get preferential treatment because they work in the courthouse all the time and know the bailiffs, etc.). The Lucas County Courthouse is an historic old building and the gallery just isn't very big in any of the courtrooms, so from a practical standpoint, it will probably be difficult to get in if not on a list. Having said that, if you were planning on attending, you should go and see what happens. If there are enough people wanting to get in they may do a closed-circuit feed to another room to accommodate.
[Image: 2599280810_bb941ca558.jpg]

Lucas County Courthouse. Toledo, Ohio. Constructed between 1894-97

Toledo 11 News... just had Cameo on... he is in court tomorrow to see if he will face death penalty if convicted of murders. Cant wait to see how these trials play out.....
Justice for Johnny & Lisa
2 hours ago via mobile
ACTIVATED MY HATE LET IT BREAK TO THE FLAMES.....DEMONS I HATE YOU
Just one of the latest!!! Also, my memory failed me, it's Pettaway's trial that she can't go to.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(07-16-2012, 01:34 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Justice for Johnny & Lisa
2 hours ago via mobile
ACTIVATED MY HATE LET IT BREAK TO THE FLAMES.....DEMONS I HATE YOU
Just one of the latest!!! Also, my memory failed me, it's Pettaway's trial that she can't go to.

Maytee is not allowed in Judge Bates Courtroom during Pettaway trial, your memory is good!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(07-15-2012, 11:19 PM)queen bitch Wrote: Toledo 11 News... just had Cameo on... he is in court tomorrow to see if he will face death penalty if convicted of murders. Cant wait to see how these trials play out.....

Thanks for the update queen bitch!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Does anyone know if the trials actually start tomorrow (7/17) or if it's jury selection? Thanks
jury selection is first.

i'm estimating opening statements thursday.

My Birthday wish~ I hope they fry for what horrible deed they did. I still think of how they suffered. Sooo heartbreaking.
(07-16-2012, 09:55 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: jury selection is first.

Thanks LC
(07-16-2012, 10:19 AM)justme Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 09:55 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: jury selection is first.

Thanks LC

i could be off. 2 trials scheduled.

TOLEDO, OH (TOLEDO NEWS NOW) - Cameo Pettaway is scheduled to appear in Lucas County Common Pleas court Monday morning for a competency hearing.

He is one of two suspects charged with the double murder of Johnny Clark and Lisa Straub in Springfield Township. Pettaway is facing aggravated murder charges in connection with the January 2011 deaths.

The hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m.

It appears that Pettaway's hearing is well covered by the media!
(07-16-2012, 11:53 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: It appears that Pettaway's hearing is well covered by the media!

maybe if you're local. as of 12:15 i have found nothing on the pett hearing this morning.

(07-16-2012, 11:53 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: It appears that Pettaway's hearing is well covered by the media!

I hope it continues to be that way! So disappointed that it's not going to be broadcast. Ugh.

I am pumped for this to begin.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
As of noon defense had their turn. Now the prosecution's side! Believe me, I'm on watch!!!!
From WTOL TV:
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) - Cameo Pettaway faced a judge in Lucas County Common Pleas court Monday for a competency hearing.

He is one of two suspects charged with the double murder of Johnny Clark and Lisa Straub in Springfield Township back in January 2011.

The hearing is still under way in the courtroom to determine if Pettaway has the mental capacity to face the death penalty if convicted.

The defense's witness, John Fabian, took the stand late Monday morning.

Pettaway and a second defendant, Samuel Williams, are facing aggravated murder charges.

After Monday's hearing, the judge will rule whether a death penalty specification on the charges can stand. By law, individuals who are mentally challenged cannot face the death penalty.

So far in Monday's case, a defense psychologist presented a lengthy report revealing a series of tests he conducted on Pettaway. He testified that he believes Pettaway is mentally retarded.

The prosecution will be next to call its witness.

Even if the specification is removed, trials for both Pettaway and Williams are scheduled to begin later this week with opening statements Friday following jury selection. Testimony in the trials could begin next week. They will both run simultaneously.
So far in Monday's case, a defense psychologist presented a lengthy report revealing a series of tests he conducted on Pettaway. He testified that he believes Pettaway is mentally retarded.

wonder what his expert witness fee was.

I've got a dozen tabs open and constantly reloading !!!!!
(07-16-2012, 12:42 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: I've got a dozen tabs open and constantly reloading !!!!!

don't crash sweetie! hah Argh

7/16/2012 5 Title : MOTION TAKEN UNDER ADVISEMENT
802-000001236 issued by 226 ()
Dated July 16, 2012. Court Reporter JANET TERRY and STACY
KIPROTICH ordered. State of Ohio: TIMOTHY BRAUN. MERLE R.
DECH and MARK GEUDTNER present on behalf of the defendant.
Defendant, CAMEO PETTAWAY present in court.
This matter came on to be heard upon the Motion to Dismiss
Death Specifications Pursuant to Adkins v. Virginia filed
by defendant on May 30, 2012. Witness sworn in on behalf
of defendant. Defense rests. Witness sworn in on behalf
of the State of Ohio. State of Ohio rests.
Motion taken under advisement.
Bond is continued.
JUDGE JAMES D. BATES
PARTY : D1 - PETTAWAY CAMEO