Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-18-2012, 02:23 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
female DNA on the tape could be from whoever might have handled that roll of tape prior to murders

Excellent point, but here's a few wrenches to throw in that:

1. Duct tape is always sold with a tight plastic cover over it which would prevent fingerprints, dna, etc from getting on the tape at the time of purchase. But no one knows if this was something they found laying around or a newly purchased item.

2. If restraint was the original intent, I personally don't believe that they were thinking about DNA and masks (gloves makes sense though). If you owe someone money they are going to want you to know who they are so that they scare you into paying the right person back hence no need for masks but gloves could be insurance.

3. They mention DNA on the tape, not fingerprints. This would suggest saliva from biting the wrapped tape loose from the roll (very common practice with duct tape). Although this could from a previous handler, as you mentioned, biting off the tape. I would say that if the dna was at the beginning layer of tape wrapped around Lisa, its anyone's guess; if the dna was found at the last part of tape wrapped around Lisa, this is saliva from the killer.

Based on leaving a butt in the garage with saliva on it, it makes sense that they would also over look the liability of biting off the tape. When you system is over run with adrenaline you tend to get sloppy.
DNA could also be skin cells that adhered to tape.

OTD:
what are your thoughts on the three hours it took to get Pettaway's jury.

that DID surprise me!

Why in the fuck won't Williams roll over on who else was there? Do you guys think the prosecution offered life in exchange for that information?
(07-18-2012, 02:58 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Why in the fuck won't Williams roll over on who else was there? Do you guys think the prosecution offered life in exchange for that information?

it's not too late for him to take a plea if the DA will agree.

(07-18-2012, 02:56 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: DNA could also be skin cells that adhered to tape.

I'm with you but duct tape has a heavy amount of adhesive on it which leaves strong fingerprints (its even adheres to skin tightly making a smeared print extremely difficult achieve...your fingers don't slide they "snap" on and off duct tape). If the dna was skin cells it would more than likely be from the lips and therefore also containing saliva.

Again, all this is speculation and I could be wrong, but I also don't think this could be "first offenders". If there was fingerprints on the tape they would have showed who did it in the database unless this case gets weirder and it was someone who had never been arrested or fingerprinted.
(07-18-2012, 02:58 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Why in the fuck won't Williams roll over on who else was there? Do you guys think the prosecution offered life in exchange for that information?

Why do that if there's still a chance you will be found not guilty? If anything, he might roll if he gets convicted, but then he knows he will have to enter prison the rest of his life as a "snitch".

If it were me, I wouldn't give any information unless I could walk or get a reduced sentence in solitary. Otherwise you'll have to face convicts who are probably there because of "snitches" in the first place.

This is why many people don't confess to something until they're on their deathbed.
7/18/2012 1 Title : ORD:JUDGMENT ENTRY
500-000007259 issued by 226 ()
It appearing to the Court that an incident occurred on
July 17, 2012 with Maytee Clarke that potentially could
have caused a mistrial. Ms. Maytee Clarke is precluded
from the courthouse for the cases of State of Ohio v.
Cameo Pettaway and State of Ohio v. Samuel Williams unless
subpoena by any parties and only during her testimony.
Date:
JUDGE JAMES D. BATES
PARTY : D1 - PETTAWAY CAMEO
7/18/2012 3 Title : JURY TRIAL CONTINUED
804-000001581 issued by 226 ()
July 18, 2012. Court Reporter JANET TERRY, Assistant
Prosecutor TIMOTHY BRAUN and LOUIS KOUNTOURIS, MERLE R.
DECH and MARK GEUDTNER on behalf of the Defendant, and
Defendant CAMEO PETTAWAY present in court.
Trial continued. Opening statements heard.
Trial to resume July 23, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.
Bond is continued.
JUDGE JAMES D. BATES
PARTY : D1 - PETTAWAY CAMEO
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(07-18-2012, 03:20 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: 7/18/2012 1 Title : ORD:JUDGMENT ENTRY
have caused a mistrial.
Ms. Maytee Clarke is precluded

i'm sorry to say it but i told her so! right here! months ago! does she want a mistrial??

[quote='Lady Cop' pid='268685' dateline='1342637818']
[b]DNA could also be skin cells that adhered to tape.

OTD:
what are your thoughts on the three hours it took to get Pettaway's jury.

that DID surprise me!
Don't know if you read my previous post, but another Mocker was very surprised by that. He wanted your take on it. He views it as a very confident defense. I hope he's wrong!
(07-18-2012, 03:31 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(07-18-2012, 03:20 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: 7/18/2012 1 Title : ORD:JUDGMENT ENTRY
have caused a mistrial.
Ms. Maytee Clarke is precluded

i'm sorry to say it but i told her so! right here! months ago! does she want a mistrial??
LC, YOU SURE DID!!!!! MORE THAN ONCE.
awesome updates!!! good discussion..thoughts, opinions... so glad to have the updates from "inside" the courtroom!! ..this has been a long time coming....
another Mocker was very surprised by that. He wanted your take on it. He views it as a very confident defense. I hope he's wrong!

i really don't know what to make of it other than they did good voir dire and did their homework reading juror written backgrounds. they were ready and knew who they wanted.

Maytee hasn't posted on any of her public FB for 17 hrs. Very out of character, especially lately!!! She must be totally traumatized !!
(07-18-2012, 12:38 PM)justme Wrote: Ok---so I was at opening statements today---sooo much to report.

Thank you so much for your time & effort. It's very much appreciated. You did a great job!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-18-2012, 03:20 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: It appearing to the Court that an incident occurred on
have caused a mistrial.

Just to clarify, are they saying "potentially could have caused a mistrial" pending further investigation or that simply it didn't cause a mistrial but could have?

I've already blown up Maytee-style on here once, I chose to refrain from doing so again...

Something is seriously wrong here. Unless they have the dumbest prosecution lawyers in the state, they should have BEEN telling Maytee that her actions could cause a mistrial. Its like she's trying to get these guys off of the charges.

I hope they thoroughly investigated if she, even if inadvertently, contributed to the victim's demise. Not that I think she did, its just something isn't adding up here.

Unless I'm once again underestimating the stupidity of unstable people. This lady is a defense lawyer's wet dream.

Alrighty, I'm going to go take my Desert Eagle 50 to the shooting range to blow off some steam then watch Snatch Smiley_emoticons_smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s376ZbPG-OM
(07-18-2012, 02:23 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: just as an aside...is there anyone who remembers back at the beginning i said murder was not planned and they found the bags at the house? they did not bring the bags. they brought the tape for restraint purposes. then of course it all went bad.
and female DNA on the tape could be from whoever might have handled that roll of tape prior to murders. a little out there, but i would argue it if i were defense. god forbid.

I recall, wonder why the Prosecution though said they likely came from the Straub's garage yet we went back and forth on those bags on Mock and Kitty1 being family asked the Straub's and they stated they didn't have BBB bags. The Straub's didn't have black duct tape either. Yes I recall Lady Cop I remember.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(07-18-2012, 03:47 PM)Duchess Wrote: [quote='justme' pid='268568' dateline='1342629515']
Ok---so I was at opening statements today---sooo much to report.
[size=medium][i]

Thank you so much for your time & effort. It's very much appreciated. You did a great job!
Duchess, that's an understatement! I think Mustang will do a good job too. The problem is you can't be in two places at once!

I recall, wonder why the Prosecution though said they likely came from the Straub's garage yet we went back and forth on those bags on Mock and Kitty1 being family asked the Straub's and they stated they didn't have BBB bags. The Straub's didn't have black duct tape either. Yes I recall Lady Cop I remember.
[/quote]

Perhaps Lisa purchased something from BBB after her parents were gone, so
they wouldnt be aware of any BBB bags being in the residence. I wonder if
they had a trash can inside their garage that those bags couldve been
retrieved from when the time came to need them.
I was really taken aback by the unknown DNA, and someone said that
those were the real killers, because of the way that sort of thing works
in the drug world...making the ones that sold it, do the deed for those to
whom the money is owed. That really got me thinking....
What other females have been mentioned...and have had DNA taken?
Specifically that one female that was arrested and held....cannot recall her
name...but the whole situation with her was pretty sketchy.
[Image: pettaway-court-begins.jpg]

toledo blade

I hope he's scared, terrified would be too much to hope for.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]