Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-18-2012, 05:31 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Perhaps Lisa purchased something from BBB after her parents were gone, so
they wouldnt be aware of any BBB bags being in the residence.
I wonder if
they had a trash can inside their garage that those bags couldve been
retrieved from when the time came to need them.
I was really taken aback by the unknown DNA, and someone said that
those were the real killers, because of the way that sort of thing works
in the drug world...making the ones that sold it, do the deed for those to
whom the money is owed. That really got me thinking....
What other females have been mentioned...and have had DNA taken?
Specifically that one female that was arrested and held....cannot recall her
name...but the whole situation with her was pretty sketchy.

those thoughts have crossed my mind too.

Also, the female who you're thinking of is Destiny Madrid
(07-18-2012, 03:55 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: I think Mustang will do a good job too.

I look forward to reading his posts regarding it! Smiley_emoticons_smile
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-18-2012, 12:28 PM)Pico45 Wrote: I read LC's post about Maytee being barred. I heard she had thrown a fit recently and that is why they banned her. Anyone know for sure?

She can only be around when she testifies. Good to see the judges not buying in to her crap!

As for Judge Bates ruling. This is why I left Toledo. All he is, is a career politician. Must be up for Re-election and needs to make nice with the African-American community.

Right on here with the last paragraph!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Thanks NightOwl.

FWIW....I heard during a recent trip back to the Glass City that they had Destiny in PC. Perhaps she made a deal and it will come out during the trial. Immunity? I wonder!
(07-18-2012, 06:11 PM)Pico45 Wrote: they had Destiny in PC. Perhaps she made a deal and it will come out during the trial. Immunity? I wonder!

Glad someone else wrote this. I was debating on adding more speculation.

Does make sense, they ask her about the crime, she refuses to cooperate, they charge her with obstruction, say they have her dna on the tape, and then offer her something in exchange for information. Just speculating here...no facts.

I thought at one point they did release her though...my mind could be playing tricks on me.

That said, $500,000 bail for obstruction of justice is something I've never heard of. People earlier on the board wondered if she was the driver too.
(07-18-2012, 12:38 PM)justme Wrote: Wow--sorry this so long!! I am not very good at this so I hope it makes sense. I'm sure I forgot a lot --- maybe if you fellow mockers ask questions it will jar my memory. Please forgive any spelling/punctuation errors!!

I need a drink after all of this!! Looking forward to your comments!

great job JustMe, thank you for including so much detail. Hopefully (for our sake) you'll get lucky and somehow get in the courtroom next week.
I don't know if this is possible and it might even sound stupid but what if when big John and Maytee found them with the bags and tape on, they were unable to get some of it off so in a frantic state they used their teeth to get it off their hands and legs? That would explain the unknown DNA if their dna hasn't been collected? Just a thought.. I would think AG and TW's dna has been taken..
http://www.13abc.com/story/19058570/2012...rder-trial Good Video
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Did anyone else notice in the prosecution's opening statements the comment of Johnny promising to call his friend back after he "verbally confronted" someone?

I know Tiffany said over and over she heard the confrontation then a struggle in the background just before the phone went dead.

There's not much difference in the accounts but the "I'll call you back" insinuation by the prosecution makes me wonder if Tiffany just added the struggle part in her testimony after seeing there was a struggle.

Doesn't make much difference but it stands out to me.
(07-18-2012, 06:56 PM)pplrcrazy Wrote: I don't know if this is possible and it might even sound stupid but what if when big John and Maytee found them with the bags and tape on, they were unable to get some of it off so in a frantic state they used their teeth to get it off their hands and legs?

EXCELLENT OBSERVATIONS!!

JustMe, in the photo they showed in court was any of the duct tape removed or loosed on Johnny? What about Lisa (if they showed her photo)?

A second thought, standard procedure is to establish fingerprints and DNA of victims and anyone who came in contact with the crime scene. This way you can differentiate those of suspects and everyone else. Hopefully the police didn't drop the ball on this.

I recall there being reports that John tried to remove the bags but they were already stiff and cold with Lisa being colder than Johnny (suggesting Johnny died several minutes after Lisa; not immediately after).
justme Post #20711 How are you doing? you deserved a little drink after that great report!!

Gosh only family and media next week! I liked alternative reporting just like you did. Maybe that will change.

Jury looked intelligent, nicely dressed, mostly women and they all seemed attentive and Judge Bates will allow notes next week, this is a good thing, I was happy to hear that.

I wonder if the grey haired woman is Johnny's grandma?

All of the statements were interesting Lisa's bedroom door locked and broken was puzzling, why would her door be locked? It sounds like she never did get a shower when she came home as stated earlier on Mock.
Maybe she ran to hide in room IMO

Both bums must have shared the smoke, it's crazy! but, amazing that forensics could determine it, great job there!

So Mr & Mrs Straub maybe discovered after all they had BBB bags in home but, black duct tape was brought to the home.

They determined that the Duct Tape at Johnny's neck has male DNA and his ankles female DNA - let me tell you I think this is amazing that they can determine it's male and female DNA, what kind of dirty animal bitch of a woman would do this to this boys ankles and who was the beast that wrapped his neck, UNKNOWN DNA we have to get them my God, to think we've 2 others out there and maybe more, Williams and Pettaway have to know who the hell they are. Lisa dying first is terrible, so they must have autopsy evidence to prove that, I imagine similar DNA findings on Lisa?

First phone call by Williams to Pettaway Oh! yes very telling.

All the Defense tells us is Rambo wasn't involved in there murders.

Justme, sure hope you are able to get in the Courtroom next week! There is a pile of evidence and you have done a great job here to-day! Any idea why only family and media next week?

Cheers
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Verbal confrontation?! Maybe he knew these guys.
Great posts Aberlin!

Could the DNA be Destiny's and they are not saying?!
Where to begin--the photo of Johnny--it was shown fast but it looked like the bag had been ripped and tape still on. Also about female DNA being Maytee's??---I am pretty sure she never went in the house.

It's not definate that only family and media will be the only ones let in next week but heard from very reliable source that they are expecting a huge crowd. The families alone get 5 seats a piece (15 seats for 3 families), Should have counted but I am thinking there are only 25-30 seats. Today there wasn't much media there --- I am betting that will change when they start questioning witnesses. Anyway---I am going to head down there and see what happens.

About Lisa's bedroom door being kicked in--I thought it sounded like she was hiding or trying to get away from someone.

Tiff's phone call: Its on record that he recieved her call at 10:45 and that was last phone call recorded on his phone. Apparently when TW was interviewed she told detectives that Johnny said " I'll call you back Tiff" and of course he never did.

Don't forget all this today was only opening statements. If I was on the jury I'd be waiting for the prosecution and defense to show me the evidence to prove that statements today were really what happened. In other words--IMO they have a lot of explaining to do.
What did Maytee do yesterday? I missed it.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(07-18-2012, 07:36 PM)NightOwl Wrote: All of the statements were interesting Lisa's bedroom door locked and broken was puzzling, why would her door be locked? It sounds like she never did get a shower when she came home as stated earlier on Mock.

.... Lisa dying first is terrible, so they must have autopsy evidence to prove that, I imagine similar DNA findings on Lisa?

I imagine they know Lisa died first due to liver temp (her dead body was colder than his). I imagine, too, her head wound contributed to her earlier demise, though it could just be that they put the bag on her first, and waited some time before putting one on Johnny. Maybe her head wound is even a result of being hit by her bedroom door when they kicked it in.

Like others, I'm worried about the lack of hard evidence and the other mystery dna. Maybe the case will come together on circumstantial evidence -- and we'll see clear motive and stuff. Hope so. It would be hard to take yet another duct-tape related case failing to come together.
(07-18-2012, 08:15 PM)soothsayer Wrote:
(07-18-2012, 07:36 PM)NightOwl Wrote: All of the statements were interesting Lisa's bedroom door locked and broken was puzzling, why would her door be locked? It sounds like she never did get a shower when she came home as stated earlier on Mock.

.... Lisa dying first is terrible, so they must have autopsy evidence to prove that, I imagine similar DNA findings on Lisa?

I imagine they know Lisa died first due to liver temp (her dead body was colder than his). I imagine, too, her head wound contributed to her earlier demise, though it could just be that they put the bag on her first, and waited some time before putting one on Johnny. Maybe her head wound is even a result of being hit by her bedroom door when they kicked it in.

Like others, I'm worried about the lack of hard evidence and the other mystery dna. Maybe the case will come together on circumstantial evidence -- and we'll see clear motive and stuff. Hope so. It would be hard to take yet another duct-tape related case failing to come together.

I appreciate this information about liver temp, and yes they probably put the bag on her first to torment Johnny, bloody awful!!
Henry David Thoreau
(07-18-2012, 06:11 PM)Pico45 Wrote: Thanks NightOwl.

FWIW....I heard during a recent trip back to the Glass City that they had Destiny in PC. Perhaps she made a deal and it will come out during the trial. Immunity? I wonder!

Yes Pico45 we don't want to forget Destiny, where did she fit in? I am wondering if she was back at the Motel the Bedford Inn, something is very strange with her, I'm sure they have her DNA but, it's unknown DNA on the duct tape, seeing family pictures of her and she's tiny, I have difficulty wondering where she fits in, I wonder if she was babysitting for some bad bitch that night, just my opinion. I agree some deal was cut.
Henry David Thoreau
Aberlin, my hat goes off to you! you've had close to a dozen posts to-day and I've enjoyed them all, some great insights! speculation etc., keep them coming!! Cheers
Henry David Thoreau
(07-18-2012, 08:09 PM)justme Wrote: Where to begin--the photo of Johnny--it was shown fast but it looked like the bag had been ripped and tape still on. Also about female DNA being Maytee's??---I am pretty sure she never went in the house.

It's not definate that only family and media will be the only ones let in next week but heard from very reliable source that they are expecting a huge crowd. The families alone get 5 seats a piece (15 seats for 3 families), Should have counted but I am thinking there are only 25-30 seats. Today there wasn't much media there --- I am betting that will change when they start questioning witnesses. Anyway---I am going to head down there and see what happens.

About Lisa's bedroom door being kicked in--I thought it sounded like she was hiding or trying to get away from someone.

Tiff's phone call: Its on record that he recieved her call at 10:45 and that was last phone call recorded on his phone. Apparently when TW was interviewed she told detectives that Johnny said " I'll call you back Tiff" and of course he never did.

Don't forget all this today was only opening statements. If I was on the jury I'd be waiting for the prosecution and defense to show me the evidence to prove that statements today were really what happened. In other words--IMO they have a lot of explaining to do.

You should be able to see Cameo's mother Kenyetta Baker I think she looks a lot like him and she is biracial & proud of it so maybe that will help
a little but, some family members could be white.

I hope you get to hear about the Ring they have in evidence just where does it fit in?

The wallet on Johnny's stomach was interesting, very strange maybe we will hear more on it.

Thanks in advance!
Henry David Thoreau