Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-21-2012, 09:47 AM)justme Wrote: Can't i

they deff. know there recorded phone calls thats the first thing it says after you accept the phone call.
(07-20-2012, 12:36 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Kitty1, that was a very good post! Very informative. I know vicodin has Tylenol in it too. Where have you been???

I've been here all along. I've been reading everyday and keeping up. I just prefer to stay pretty quiet. And also there was a strong chance I was going to be subpeonaed so i thought it best to keep my mouth shut. Thank God I wasn't, because it was going to be for the Defense and I would have a hard time with that. Several family members and friends have been subpeonaed by the Defense and that is tough feeling like you are somehow helping the "other side". I want to say that I absolute love and appreciate everyone's reporting skills. I'd love to say names but I don't want to leave anyone out. Some of you are so dedicated to see justice in this case and that makes me feel good. Other family members have commented on this forum and they appreciate it as well. Thank you to everyone, but especially Lady Cop and Duchess! We are amazed that Mock sometimes reports things before word gets out to the entire family. I love that all the facts are documented here and I refer to it often. I have hope and faith but, I, like some of you, worry about what seems to be a purely circumstantial case. Thoughts of the Casey Anthony trial keep popping into my head and I get discouraged. Thanks again and keep up the great reporting and comments/feedback.
(07-20-2012, 12:52 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 12:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: defense is going to HAMMER the unknown DNA.

That unknown DNA is so troublesome to me. I'm thinking it would be very easy to create reasonable doubt with that.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

By the way, with regard to this statement: "Not once did she (Roman) say Williams was innocent of the crime. It seemed as though she was almost saying to the jury, "Williams did it, but he's gonna get off once I convince you that the rules of the trial mean you have to let him go."

… that is the way it has to be presented. A defense attorney cannot testify to their client's innocence as part of their presentation. If they could, they would have to be sworn, take the witness stand and testify under oath and be cross-examined about their personal knowledge of the evidence. Instead, they predict in opening statements what the jury will/may hear, and they characterize the evidence in closing argument. And they repeatedly stress the prosecution's burden of proof.
Has there been a video posted of the opening statements in the Williams trial like the Pettaway ones?
(07-21-2012, 03:53 AM)shitstorm Wrote: Owl, that's really interesting that you have these thoughts about Lisa's ex. Does that mean you think W&P were not involved and that the butt was there from another night? I have to think the cops must have asked the ex for a DNA sample.

I really want to know who the unknown DNA belongs to. They would be the killers. W&P may or may or not have been in on it, but I want the main culprits found and charged. This is really bothering me.

Sorry to respond before Owl has a chance to respond...

I still think W&P were involved. To what extent...I'm clueless. Maybe they were just extra hands or as someone else on here pointed out, lookouts.

They could have been there earlier that night to buy drugs but if that's the case and the police confirmed to them they had their DNA why not just admit they bought drugs and left?

Does anyone know if Lisa's ex had any affiliations with W&P?
If I had to guess (boy, it seems like a lot of my posts start this way) I'd say there are probably 2 factors that make the Straub's stay in their home; They didn't ever see the bodies or the aftermath of the crime scene. By the time they were able to get back home, family members had taken care of cleaning, etc. So they don't have the images from the home seared into their minds the way, for example, John Sr. does, and; I think there may be an emotional attachment (as mentioned by another Mocker) that may make them feel that they somehow would lose touch with Lisa's memory, or spirit or whatever if they moved. That maybe it's a way a feeling as though they're still connected to her, whereas moving to a strange place that never included Lisa would be leaving her behind, in a way. I think these 2 theories, together, make them both willing and able to stay.

As for the jealous ex boyfriend: Interesting theory, but I don't know that I've ever known anyone that knew a person who was crazy jealous (over someone else, not themselves, and therefore detached and not emotionally connected to the relationship) that thought the person was acting rationally. We know there were several people involved in this crime and it seems quite a stretch for me to believe that someone who was acting out of jealous rage would be able to recruit anyone to help. Even for the most shady of characters, there just isn't any reward for the risk of lethal injection. And before someone suggests the ex may have hired a hit, I don't find that plausible either. That may seem logical in a case where the jealous one has the money, coupled with a position in life where they have much to lose (children, a home and career, etc.), to decide to hire someone to extract their revenge, but this particular ex is a young punk with a long record and a hot temper. I'll guarantee you he, "don need no nigga take care o my biznit wit dat bitch. I fuck her up AND dat udder mofo all by mysef." It wasn't the ex.

And thanks for all the positive comments on the Williams opening statement post. I had big shoes to fill after reading Justme's post on Pettaway's trial, so I knew I had to bring my A game or risk going from Mocker to mocked! I'll attend as much of both trials as I can and post as much info as I can (including some of my irrelevant observations) for the benefit of those of you unable to be there.

Sorry for another long post. I need to learn to be more concise. At least I come by my verbosity naturally, right Older Than Dirt? (note to Older Than Dirt: look up "verbosity" in the dictionary and you'll agree with me.)
No way it's Lisa's ex. I just can't believe the police didn't thoroughly check him out and get DNA (maybe it was already on file). He was an obvious person that needed to be eliminated.

I agree with everyone's thinking on why the Straubs remained in their home.

Are the two trials going on simultaneously? If so, how could you attend both, Mustang?

Lady Cop, if these guys are charged with murder one, the jury can find them guilty of a lesser charge, right? If the prosecution ends up proving something more along the lines of their being accessories to murder, would that fall under murder two or something else?
(07-21-2012, 02:36 PM)Mustang Wrote: Sorry for another long post. I need to learn to be more concise.

No you don't. Some of your posts may be long but they include great info that we wouldn't know without your input. Don't change a thing! Thanks again!
SS: Lady Cop, if these guys are charged with murder one, the jury can find them guilty of a lesser charge?

yes if judge instructs them on lesser-included.

i think Lisa's ex is a big fat red herring.[Image: red-herring.gif]

this is first time i have voiced concern/worry over the case. the unknown DNA will be pivotal and could equate to reasonable doubt when defense plays it...and they WILL play it for all it's worth. i have to continue to believe prosecution would not have gone to trial if they did not believe they can win convictions.

good to see you again Methusala Smiley_emoticons_smile

(07-21-2012, 03:53 AM)shitstorm Wrote: Amazing reporting and posts from fellow Mockers!

Doesn't surprise me that Aaron was the perc dealer. Perhaps Tiff was making the delivery that night.

Lisa hiding in her bedroom is so scary. Probably chose not to call 911 because of the drugs and not knowing how bad it would get. She must have been terrified when someone kicked in her door.

Owl, that's really interesting that you have these thoughts about Lisa's ex. Does that mean you think W&P were not involved and that the butt was there from another night? I have to think the cops must have asked the ex for a DNA sample.

I really want to know who the unknown DNA belongs to. They would be the killers. W&P may or may or not have been in on it, but I want the main culprits found and charged. This is really bothering me.

No, I could not live in a house where ANYONE was murdered, let alone my daughter and her boyfriend.

Shitstorm, it did surprise me that Aaron was the perc dealer! surely they already have AG's DNA and Tiffs? I didn't think Aaron Griffin had it in for little old Johnny Clarke since day one or Lisa and I don't think Tiffany had it in for Lisa. Griffin has not been brutal towards women he's a safe-cracker, not a very good onehah his girl Tiff was preggy at the time and maybe was going to smoke pot with Johnny and Lisa. The vile male that did this deed has no respect for women just beats them up grabs them by the hair, slaps them around thinks nothing of it.

The ex boyfriend is a brute & William's is a brute towards women, I honestly don't know about Williams and Pettaways DNA on one solitary cigarette butt outside in the garage.

I'm still going over what was said in Court and what happened to Johnny's head? My God! did someone put their foot on his brow? put all their weight on it? something terrible happened with Johnny's head.

The 2 unknown DNA's? I mentioned the ex but, he wouldn't bring a girl along is the problem there, the other one I'm wondering about and it is IMO Alexandra Marko Cousino the girl Johnny had trouble with selling a car she was also mentioned in Court, who was her boyfriend at the time when Johnny and Lisa were murdered? on February 16th 2011 she was stopped by the police in her car and they found 3 large baggies of marijuana, it's on TMC website could that have been Johnny's marijuana?
There is an AC on the list if I'm not mistaken, I should double check.

I hope LE can find out whose DNA is on the duct tape, they could be right under their nose.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(07-21-2012, 03:21 PM)shitstorm Wrote: No way it's Lisa's ex. I just can't believe the police didn't thoroughly check him out and get DNA (maybe it was already on file). He was an obvious person that needed to be eliminated.

I agree with everyone's thinking on why the Straubs remained in their home.

Are the two trials going on simultaneously? If so, how could you attend both, Mustang?

Lady Cop, if these guys are charged with murder one, the jury can find them guilty of a lesser charge, right? If the prosecution ends up proving something more along the lines of their being accessories to murder, would that fall under murder two or something else?

O.K. the way I understand Johnny was bound up first with the duct tape, I believe it was female DNA found on Johnny how do we explain that? I cannot believe a woman wrapped this duct tape around Johnny!
Then poor Lisa is last and male DNA found on her. Where did the duct tape come from? the last person to use it could have been female else where and not at the Straub's residence and that party is innocent IMO
we don't know anything, I do think Lisa had to be terrified if she was locked in her room.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
One thing that keeps going through my mind.... Unknown DNA.... And Williams is facing the death penalty, wondering why he hasn't rolled on someone... Seems like that would be be way to take death off the table.... I don't know, it just seems so weird to me that theres unknown DNA on the tape itself, yet these two defendants haven't said who else was at the house....they must not be scared enough is what I'm thinking, (like betting on an acquital, hung jury, something...) Thoughts?
(07-21-2012, 04:55 PM)fabulous Wrote: hung jury, something...) Thoughts?

maybe there scared of the main person & don't want something to happen to them or their family? thats why there not talking plus street code "snitches get stitches"
(07-21-2012, 05:20 PM)misshmarie23 Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 04:55 PM)fabulous Wrote: hung jury, something...) Thoughts?

maybe there scared of the main person & don't want something to happen to them or their family? thats why there not talking plus street code "snitches get stitches"

So the unknown DNA would belong to people that Williams & Pettaway respect?
(07-21-2012, 02:36 PM)Mustang Wrote: Sorry for another long post. I need to learn to be more concise. At least I come by my verbosity naturally, right Older Than Dirt? (note to Older Than Dirt: look up "verbosity" in the dictionary and you'll agree with me.)

Did you just say that to your mother? I hope she hits you upside the head next time she sees you.

People who move every time something bad happens are called carnies.

I am struck, like most people, by the lack of evidence. WTF? Why isn't there more? We aren't dealing with criminal geniuses. I don't understand that part.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
No evidence has been given. Looking forward to Monday.
(07-21-2012, 06:02 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 02:36 PM)Mustang Wrote: Sorry for another long post. I need to learn to be more concise. At least I come by my verbosity naturally, right Older Than Dirt? (note to Older Than Dirt: look up "verbosity" in the dictionary and you'll agree with me.)

Did you just say that to your mother? I hope she hits you upside the head next time she sees you.

People who move every time something bad happens are called carnies.

I am struck, like most people, by the lack of evidence. WTF? Why isn't there more? We aren't dealing with criminal geniuses. I don't understand that part.

We haven't heard all the evidence yet the way I understand it, didn't they say on the Video all the contents of Lisa's handbag were dumped on her bed why? looking for what? what is missing from Lisa's bag we are left wondering there. We do know they have a ring what is the the ring about? was it Lisa's or Lisa's mothers ring or was it a ring of Johnny's
even Lisa hauled around. Where does the ring fit in? was it sold on the street to a hoodrat by another involved? Much more to come! Let's pray it nails the bastards who did this.
Henry David Thoreau
Cracker said to mustang..."Did you just say that to your mother? I hope she hits you upside the head next time she sees you."

there was nothing disrespectful in that comment to his mom. Cracker, why don't you concentrate on your own family's dynamics...I have a feeling Older Than Dirts got this
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
Cracker, you could live in a house where someone, particularly your child, was murdered? The only thing that could make me do that would be not being able to afford moving. Guess I'm just sort of superstitious in that respect.

I don't think there is a lack of evidence. Seems they just can't tie what they have to these two defendants. Whoever the unknown DNA beongs to MUST have criminal records. I'm wondering how hard they've worked at trying to match what they have.

Gonna watch the court vids, now. Maybe something in there will look more promising.

This is to anyone: The Cousino chick - I have a hard recalling all of these lovely people but isn't she a particularly nasty piece of work?
SS: The Cousino chick - I have a hard recalling all of these lovely people but isn't she a particularly nasty piece of work?

yes indeed she is.