Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-23-2012, 10:33 AM)Sonny223 Wrote: Very true ramseycat, with that said do you think the accused would be talking in a manner that produced evidence against them?

I don't know. I can only speculate what they may or may have said and done based on what I have read about the case here. It wouldn't surprise me if they incriminated themselves on jail phone conversations though. None of these people strike me as educated. But what do I know?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Totally agree ramseycat. When more damaging evidence surfaces, will a planted butt theory still make sense?
I just hope they DO have more evidence than just a cigg butt. I would hate to see another Casey Anthony verdict.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Both Williams and Pettaway incriminated themselves in someway during there initial interview with the detectives. Just before being booked and charged. Williams' statements were thrown out, but Pettaway's are in. The prosecutor for Pettaway told the jury that they would hear the mistakes that Pettaway made in his statements.

If the seven "certified" witnesses tell the same story, then I think the defense has a huge problem. Regardless of whether, or not, these witnesses have criminal pasts.

And then there are the two letters of proffer.

I'm still hoping for cell phone pings.
(07-23-2012, 10:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-23-2012, 10:28 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't think any of those people are smart enough to premedidate this murder and plant evidence.

They got pretty lucky then because I wouldn't convict them knowing what I know right now. I wouldn't even consider sending anyone to death row on the basis of a cigarette butt.

I agree. I would have a hard time convicting them of anything but being there at this point.
The only thing we have heard is opening arguments. The evidence starts today.
(07-23-2012, 11:37 AM)Adub Wrote: The only thing we have heard is opening arguments. The evidence starts today.

Yep, I can hardly wait to hear the evidence. Anyone else on the edge of their seat today?
I think everyone is, even the accused. True.
not much today on abc 13 at 12 , 3 witnesses' testifyed in cameo pettaways . Lisa straub mother , who testified that there were was more evidence found in home after police had left crime scene , including MULTIPLE ciggarette butts in the garbage can in the home , and in the garbage was also burned pictures of Johnny , The other witness they did not name just a friend of victims , and also last but not least testifying today was miss lovely Tiffany Williams.

More will be available at 5 inless Justme got in today to !!
Blowing-kisses
They need to be. ^
Ha, I knew it. Multiple butts. They probably smoked a fucking pack. Found 1.
(07-23-2012, 12:14 PM)gurl2323 Wrote: not much today on abc 13 at 12 , 3 witnesses' testifyed in cameo pettaways . Lisa straub mother , who testified that there were was more evidence found in home after police had left crime scene , including MULTIPLE ciggarette butts in the garbage can in the home , and in the garbage was also burned pictures of Johnny , The other witness they did not name just a friend of victims , and also last but not least testifying today was miss lovely Tiffany Williams.

More will be available at 5 inless Justme got in today to !!

She didn't. You must of missed that post.
gurl: who testified that there were was more evidence found in home after police had left crime scene

OH FUCK!! that is bad!! after scene was released?? Nowhy

I find it very hard to believe that smokers like Sam and Cam are, only shared 1 cig. Yeah right. They were at that house for a min, I used to smoke, and smoked like a chimney when stress and adrenaline was high.
Mustang is not answering his phone! He always answers my calls. I think that he is at the court house.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Holy Hell...what could happen now, LC?
(07-23-2012, 12:21 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Mustang is not answering his phone! He always answers my calls. I think that he is at the court house.

Bass Ass Grin I sure hope so. He's one of the best Mock Reporters we have.
Do you think they will bring in the phone calls last? To make it stick out in the eyes/ears of the jury?
I am quite intrigued by the prosecutions statements on the phone call made while in prison as well as phone calls Sam made "that didn't make sense."

Seems to me there is something of significance here that validates more specifics on what happened, as well as WHY the cig butt was there.

I seriously doubt the evidence planting theory (no offense of course) mainly due to logic: If you're going to plant something you want it to be in plain sight and close enough to the bodies were it screams "look at me, I was here during the crime." Putting it in the garage creates too much distance from the evidence and the victims.

Plus we're not dealing with black ops folks; these are street hustlers from Ohio who don't have high IQs. This isn't the movies.

Maybe these guys watched "Lucky Number Slevin" too many times.

I'm still feeling confident in other circumstantial evidence that ties everything together. I could be wrong and there could not be much extra evidence. But with Cameo's inconsistencies, Sam's phone calls, "word on the street testimonies", and confidential informants, I think the prosecution has some tricks waiting.

Hopefully we'll all have our answer today. I just find it hard to believe that these cases would have made it to trial only based on DNA from a butt; that would be a waste of the court's limited resources.

Then again, we've all seen weirder things
(07-23-2012, 12:20 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: gurl: who testified that there were was more evidence found in home after police had left crime scene

OH FUCK!! that is bad!! after scene was released?? Nowhy

evidence has a chain of custody. if evidence was overlooked, not bagged and tagged, or not shown to be from party the night before, scene released to cleaners, then the chain of custody is broken. (if house was cleaned how did Mrs. Straub find more evidence?) it renders it useless. i hope that was mis-reported. or we will be seeing one big cluster fuck with the defense having a field day tap-dancing around the courtrooms.