Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-26-2012, 05:13 PM)DickTracy Wrote: 13abc reported that in the Samuel Williams case that the jury has been deliberating for 2 hrs now. If they don't come to a verdict soon they will be taken to a hotel until tomorrow morning.

They better disable the tv's and internet!
(07-26-2012, 05:00 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 04:06 PM)JustSayin... Wrote: I seem to remember the foreign currency info being out there. Because it was so odd to most people.

Post 523 page 38 on Feb 6, 2011 'Unknown' talked about the Iraqi dinars. A member 'Unknown' had information that was very revealing and I wonder if LC is able now to tell us more that 'Unknown may have told her at this juncture? LC, has Unknown been communicating with you through this trial and has 'Unknown' commented about this latest turn of events.? Are you able to disclose anymore info that 'Unknown' first told you in Feb 2011 that you could not post in open forum? I consider 'Unknown' like 'deep throat' in the Watergate investigation in that the information alone if openly shared might be used to identify the person IRL. Maybe the only answer you may able to tell us is if that info provided so early in this case was 'on the mark'.

maybe unknown knew who the killers were?
Morning started off with Coroner as witness -- difficult to listen to -- had photos of JC and LS. I thought she was a really good witness. Came across as thorough, diligent, and respectful of victims. I found it particularly difficult to hear the explanation of the bruises on their chins -- she said as a reflex when someone is going to put something around your neck, you put your chin down to prevent it -- tried to fight off duct tape with their chins enough to bruise. Awful. That really got to me. There was more to her testimony, details that have been recounted here already. Although percs showed in both tox screens, they were low levels (not high). They had other injuries hadn't heard much about either, all in all, the testimony with the photos was just gruesome, really difficult to listen to.
Det. Kozak took stand next. This was the first case he was the lead investigator for homicide and only became lead because Stooksbury retired. I was underwhelmed by him. Said that he went to scene at 4:30 am and then went to substation to begin interviews -- interviewed MVC, John Sr, friends of JC that showed up, family of LS, other clarke family members, and a couple of friends. Said after first round of interviews Clarke family informed them ZB and TW were at the scene and also told them to investigate AP. FBI offered help, so they rounded up ZB, TW, AP and brought to Sheriff's office. They did several interviews with them. Then focused on JC/LS phone calls tried to contact everyone they had talked to around crime. Said they ruled out AP...and basically everyone in inner circle.
Said they found out about SW dna on cig butt 1st -- name hadn't come up at all at that point. Arrested SW on 9/22/11 and Cameo hadn't been id'd yet. They played the phone call between Sam & Cameo -- not much there. Definitely, didn't sound like Cameo was very bright. more later but gotta leave for awhile....
so this really was an acquittal? not a dismissal... does this mean he can never be brought back to court on these charges?

edit: im sorry if i missed this info. im on vaca in jamaica but heard about pettaway and paid for the internet to try and figure out wtf is going on.

maybe unknown knew who the killers were?

no. but did have ideas.

YourOtherLeft...thankyou very much for all your effort!

shitstorm, I can open them! For a very brief period earlier today I could not. I don't see any new posts (16 hrs )
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(07-26-2012, 05:12 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 05:00 PM)Adub Wrote: Comments from
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2012/0...spect.html

AM Thank you jesus , for letting inocent man out , your family loves you cam (:
Reply · 5 · Like· about an hour ago

JC Good for you cam.. good for u. God has blessed u with s second chance to become somthing to be a better person. I wish u the best.
Reply · 4 · Like· 32 minutes ago

CB welcome home bro!
Reply · 3 · Like· about an hour ago

Strangle

JM god n karma will take care of them
5 minutes ago
Johnny's former girlfriend.

IYD sis im sooooooo exciteddd lol
Reply · Like · 10 minutes ago
Pettaway's sister

Thank god my baby brother free!!!! And for ppl wishing dead to him shame on i if i have not been following this from day one u would kno his friend was already found guilty of it which means the cigarette butt could've came from him ever heard of sharing a cigarette. Anyways my bro free thats all that matters my heart goes out to
the victims but dont put an innocent man in jail to try and make ppl feel better iniv

was willaims found guilty???
misshmarie23, hey thanks for Tiffany update, don't those people know Tiffany gave DNA & Aaron Griffin, I thought Detective Kozak ruled them out. Neither one of them are on Johnny's sweatshirt, sweatpants or duct tape.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
A post from Cameo Pettaway's sisters FB page & this individual below comments.

DB Your brother has been declared too dumb to kill. So are you now going to take on the responsibility of caring for him to ensure he does not hurt any other person on the face of this earth? And being acquitted does not mean that he is innocent. It means as of right now there is insufficient evidence to convict him. Personally, I'd like to hear his explanation for why he was at the house that day. Why was he hanging out with a known drug dealer? Your brother is not innocent. He is a piece of scum who got a lucky break. For now.
22 minutes ago · Like
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Now that Pettaway is free and deemed retarted by the court. I suspect that he will be filing for an SSI check...This just breaks my heart. I hope somehow the families can find strength to get through this.
This is posted on WTOL's facebook page.

WTOL NEWS 11
To be clear, this was an acquittal. It's through a process called Rule 29 in which the attorney asks the judge for an acquittal because the prosecution failed to prove its case. Pettaway can NOT be tried for the same crime.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment."
(07-26-2012, 06:20 PM)NightOwl Wrote: misshmarie23, hey thanks for Tiffany update, don't those people know Tiffany gave DNA & Aaron Griffin, I thought Detective Kozak ruled them out. Neither one of them are on Johnny's sweatshirt, sweatpants or duct tape.

they may not have been however me and a few ppl that use to be close with her think she has some involvement, as yall will also soon learn XX may be doing some serious time as she just robbed my friends gma
misshmarie23
XX may be doing some serious time as she just robbed my friends gma.

you better have some evidence of that. XX is a member here as i told you. and we don't accuse people of crimes w/o evidence.

i hope this is true:

The jurors are in a closed room and are unaware that Pettaway was acquitted. Williams faces the death penalty if convicted.

(07-26-2012, 05:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 05:38 PM)shitstorm Wrote: It sounds like they did and, it means fuck all

I've wanted to howl like a dog ever since I read all they really had was a cigarette butt. Right now, at this moment in time, I think everyone involved with bringing this to trial should be certified as a retard too...

...and I'd like to include some of Ohio's media as well

hah

Totally agree.
(07-26-2012, 06:35 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: misshmarie23

you better have some evidence of that. XX is a member here as i told you. and we don't accuse people of crimes w/o evidence.

i hope this is true:

The jurors are in a closed room and are unaware that Pettaway was acquitted. Williams faces the death penalty if convicted.

i was just talking to a mutial friend of ours M.M (are he initals) she said she was staying with her at her gmas for a few days because she got in a fight with her boyfriend. (didnt ask his name) and she stole a large some of money from her gma & gpa they are pressing charges and following threw with them. Idk if you know how to pull cases maybe there in some kind of dockets? i know she was a member but i doubt she gets on anymore she posted months ago. & even if she did i aint making this up if she seen this she knows exactly who M.M is.
(07-26-2012, 06:48 PM)misshmarie23 Wrote:

i hope this is true:

i was just talking to a mutial friend of ours M.M (are he initals) she said she was staying with her at her gmas for a few days because she got in a fight with her boyfriend. (didnt ask his name) and she stole a large some of money from her gma & gpa they are pressing charges and following threw with them. Idk if you know how to pull cases maybe there in some kind of dockets? i know she was a member but i doubt she gets on anymore she posted months ago. & even if she did i aint making this up if she seen this she knows exactly who M.M is.

you just don't get it do you?
that's second-hand hearsay until you show me a police report or arrest report.
i don't care if she hasn't posted in a year, she is a member.
you're going back to virgin because you haven't got anything but gossip.

(07-26-2012, 06:18 PM)misshmarie23 Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 05:12 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 05:00 PM)Adub Wrote: Comments from
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2012/0...spect.html

AM Thank you jesus , for letting inocent man out , your family loves you cam (:
Reply · 5 · Like· about an hour ago

JC Good for you cam.. good for u. God has blessed u with s second chance to become somthing to be a better person. I wish u the best.
Reply · 4 · Like· 32 minutes ago

CB welcome home bro!
Reply · 3 · Like· about an hour ago

Strangle

JM god n karma will take care of them
5 minutes ago
Johnny's former girlfriend.

IYD sis im sooooooo exciteddd lol
Reply · Like · 10 minutes ago
Pettaway's sister

Thank god my baby brother free!!!! And for ppl wishing dead to him shame on i if i have not been following this from day one u would kno his friend was already found guilty of it which means the cigarette butt could've came from him ever heard of sharing a cigarette. Anyways my bro free thats all that matters my heart goes out to
the victims but dont put an innocent man in jail to try and make ppl feel better iniv

was willaims found guilty???

No he wasn't. Dunno where she got that. She's right about her brother, though. A conviction on such flimsy evidence would have been an injustice. *sigh*

you better have some evidence of that. Tiff is a member here as i told you. and we don't accuse people of crimes w/o evidence.

Bullshit

You've been accusing the mother of Johnny Clarke of involvement in her own son's murder, for months, without evidence.

It seems some in Ohio are not as easily conned by TW, as various people in law enforcement?

AC was a former roommate of TW. TW knew Johnny and Lisa were going to be alone that night, only expecting she and ZB. She stated here, that Johnny and Lisa were not expecting anyone else that night. Why were the murderers comfortable hanging around? Lisa's house was a party house. Someone with intimate knowledge of the evening plans, set them up, IMO. How did Williams and others know what Johnny and Lisa were doing that night? SOMEONE had to let them know.

I'm not convinced that TW and AC were not involved. I don't believe that AC was at home working on a paper for school, either. I think TW set Johnny and Lisa up, and did not plan on them being murdered.

That said, I think there was more evidence against Williams than there was against Pettaway. His phone calls, coupled with the DNA will be enough to put him at the scene, hopefully.

Carry on. Or as TW would say "God bless."
nutsleuth. show me where i ever directly flat-out accused maytee.

any suspicions i had were IMO, i suspect, perhaps, what if, etc. i know what libel is.

(07-26-2012, 06:54 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: nutsleuth. show me where i ever directly flat-out accused maytee.

I believe it was just yesterday you indicated that you had a hunch that she was involved? You posted a snip of a sledgehammer related robbery from an Ohio newspaper, to bolster your assertion.

You have suggested that she set up her son, along with others here, repeatedly. Maytee has been fair game here, all along. Yet TW is protected here because she answered a question or two? I've never understood that.