Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
precisely. never a direct accusation.

(07-26-2012, 07:04 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: precisely. never a direct accusation.

Right.

"we don't accuse people of crimes w/o evidence," should be worded "we don't make direct accusations w/o evidence. we do allow constant innuendo and baseless speculation, depending upon the accused, however.
13ABC @ 6:45:

TOLEDO, Ohio -

Jury deliberation got underway Thursday afternoon in the Samuel Williams capital murder case.

The 24-year-old from East Toledo is now the only remaining suspect charged in the Springfield Township murders of Lisa Straub and her boyfriend Johnny Clarke a year and a half ago.

Jurors arrived at the Lucas County Courthouse this morning with their overnight bags packed.

If the members of the jury don't reach a verdict tonight, they will be sequestered to a hotel and resume deliberations again in the morning.

The men and women are deciding the fate of Samuel Williams who did not take the stand in his own defense and who could face the death penalty if convicted.

The jury box sits empty as three men and nine women deliberate behind closed doors whether Samuel Williams is guilty of murdering Lisa Straub and her boyfriend Johnny Clarke back in January of 2011 at the Straub family home on Longacre Lane.

Straub and Clarke were found with their hands duct-taped behind their backs and plastic bags duct-taped over their heads.

Judge Dean Mandros gave the jury these instructions.

"You are the judges of the facts, the believability of the witnesses and the weight of the evidence," says Judge Mandros.

"This case is about drugs, money, and murder," says Assistant Lucas County Prosecutor Rob Miller during closing arguments.

The prosecution points to DNA evidence that they say links Samuel Williams to the crime scene: a cigarette butt with DNA on it that matches the defendant.

"Samuel Williams was in that house on that night," says Assistant Lucas County Prosecutor Chris Anderson.

Defense attorney John Thebes argued that Williams' DNA and fingerprints could not be found on any other evidence at the crime scene, when other people's were, including "Unknown Female Number One"
on the duct tape and Clarke's sweatshirt and sweat pants. However, analysts couldn't identify those people.

"Meaningful for people out there probably laughing at this whole proceeding right now," says Thebes.

Another big question both sides addressed is whether to believe the testimony of one witness: the former jail inmate named Eric Yingling who says Williams confessed to him while behind bars.

"If you believe Eric Yingling this case is over. He [Williams] is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. We're going to talk about that because there's things that Eric said that other persons wouldn't know about that adds credibility to him," says Miller.

Prosecutors specifically point to evidence that Lisa's dad Jeff Straub had $4,500 worth of Iraqi currency hidden in the closet of an upstairs bedroom which was found in tact even though the home was ransacked.
Yingling says Williams told him he didn't take the dinar because he didn't know if it was real or Monopoly money.

The defense calls Yingling "slick" saying Yingling stole information from Williams' court documents in jail and came up with a story for the prosecution for a deal.

"He landed on the space he needed to land on. He got to play that get out of jail free card," says Thebes.

Thebes argued some on Yingling's story didn't match the evidence.
Thebes says the evidence points away from Williams.

Several friends of Johnny Clarke testified this week that Johnny sold marijuana and that both Johnny and Lisa used percocet pills.

Another witness said she was mad at Johnny before he died about problems with him selling her his car. She testified that she is good friends with Williams.

(07-26-2012, 06:27 PM)ttownclown Wrote: Now that Pettaway is free and deemed retarted by the court. I suspect that he will be filing for an SSI check...This just breaks my heart. I hope somehow the families can find strength to get through this.

Oh, man, that never crossed my mind. You're right, I'm sure.
(07-26-2012, 07:13 PM)netsleuth Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 07:04 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: precisely. never a direct accusation.

Right.

"we don't accuse people of crimes w/o evidence," should be worded "we don't make direct accusations w/o evidence. we do allow constant innuendo and baseless speculation, depending upon the accused, however.

Erm, you just did that with Tiffany.

There's been a ton of speculation in this thread. That's not the same as saying one knows that someone is guilty of something. Maytee's behavior was just as suspicious as Tiffany's and they are both criminals.
nutsleuth has been an apologist for that criminal crazy voodoo whacko all along. she hasn't shown up for months, and voila! here she is today. they are coming out of the woodwork as i expected. hah

[Image: 0010.gif]

(07-26-2012, 07:28 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: nutsleuth has been an apologist for that criminal crazy voodoo whacko all along. she hasn't shown up for months, and voila! here she is today. they are coming out of the woodwork as i expected. hah

hahhah
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
This doesn't mean anything but right after lunch;before this whole mess went down I heard Pettaway lawyer(guendter-sp?) say to CP's family--"these jurors want to be done. They are tired of having smoke blown up up their you know what's"

Also--one of the deputies was pretty friendly with Team Pettaway--always joking with them
(07-26-2012, 07:36 PM)justme Wrote: This doesn't mean anything but right after lunch;before this whole mess went down I heard Pettaway lawyer(guendter-sp?) say to CP's family--"these jurors want to be done. They are tired of having smoke blown up up their you know what's"

Also--one of the deputies was pretty friendly with Team Pettaway--always joking with them

Oh how fond! Smiley_emoticons_kotz
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(07-26-2012, 07:36 PM)justme Wrote: This doesn't mean anything but right after lunch;before this whole mess went down I heard Pettaway lawyer(guendter-sp?) say to CP's family--"these jurors want to be done. They are tired of having smoke blown up up their you know what's"

With the criminal records that family has, Im sure he knows them by name,
because they have been in a courtroom he was working in several times
before.
There is also the fact that it seems everyone in that area is connected in
some way....
(07-26-2012, 07:14 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: 13ABC @ 6:45:

TOLEDO, Ohio -
Defense attorney John Thebes argued that Williams' DNA and fingerprints could not be found on any other evidence at the crime scene, when other people's were, including "Unknown Female Number One"
on the duct tape and Clarke's sweatshirt and sweat pants. However, analysts couldn't identify those people.

"Meaningful for people out there probably laughing at this whole proceeding right now," says Thebes.

Another big question both sides addressed is whether to believe the testimony of one witness: the former jail inmate named Eric Yingling who says Williams confessed to him while behind bars.

"If you believe Eric Yingling this case is over. He [Williams] is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. We're going to talk about that because there's things that Eric said that other persons wouldn't know about that adds credibility to him," says Miller.

Prosecutors specifically point to evidence that Lisa's dad Jeff Straub had $4,500 worth of Iraqi currency hidden in the closet of an upstairs bedroom which was found in tact even though the home was ransacked.
Yingling says Williams told him he didn't take the dinar because he didn't know if it was real or Monopoly money.

The defense calls Yingling "slick" saying Yingling stole information from Williams' court documents in jail and came up with a story for the prosecution for a deal.

"He landed on the space he needed to land on. He got to play that get out of jail free card," says Thebes.

Thebes argued some on Yingling's story didn't match the evidence.
Thebes says the evidence points away from Williams.

Several friends of Johnny Clarke testified this week that Johnny sold marijuana and that both Johnny and Lisa used percocet pills.

Another witness said she was mad at Johnny before he died about problems with him selling her his car. She testified that she is good friends with Williams.

From Toledo Blade

Yingling further testified that Williams said that all they found was "monopoly money" -- cash with former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein depicted on it. He testified that Williams said they didn't take it because they didn't know how to change it into American dollars.

Defense is quite surly!

I believe that Erik Yingling told the truth to the Prosecutor, stealing any foreign currency and trying to cash it in hoodrat style, would certainly draw attention to self, I don't think Yingling had anything to gain, Yingling had to know if those two walked they might come after him IMO as unsavory as Yingling is he bloody did the right thing! Hope it helps Johnny and Lisa!

Toledo Blade Dinar story in blue, is slightly different from ABC.
Henry David Thoreau
(07-26-2012, 07:25 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Erm, you just did that with Tiffany.

Yes I did. Though, I'm not here suggesting it's not allowed sans evidence.

Ladyslop has always been a TW apologist. She's been conned IMO, and hopefully hasn't had too much influence over ignorant Ohio investigators.
(07-26-2012, 08:04 PM)netsleuth Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 07:25 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Erm, you just did that with Tiffany.

Yes I did. Though, I'm not here suggesting it's not allowed sans evidence.

Ladyslop has always been a TW apologist. She's been conned IMO, and hopefully hasn't had too much influence over ignorant Ohio investigators.

We are discussing the case, not a he said she said and fingerpointing
about who is blaming who etc. Create your own thread for that, or
take it to a private message. We dont want to read your whining.
Youre junking up the thread, Netsleuth.
(07-26-2012, 08:10 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: We are discussing the case, not a he said she said and fingerpointing ...

hah

Before I take another sabbatical, I will close by saying I wish the best for the Clarke and Straub family. I believe that eventually, justice will be served in a court of law.

Once again, "God bless" you all.
(07-26-2012, 05:50 PM)NightOwl Wrote: [quote='rotten_cotton' pid='271753' dateline='1343338922']
And now this......

An assistant to the warden at the Toledo Correctional Center in north Toledo confirms that shots were fired in the prison's parking lot just before 5 p.m. Thursday.

According to the assistant, a woman was exiting her car to visit an inmate at the prison when someone opened fire on her. Bullets hit her vehicle as well as a corrections officer's vehicle, but no one was injured.

Aaron Griffin is jailed there, thanks for info! keep us posted.
[/quote
Wonder who that message was for? Stay away from Toledo, it is full of murderers!
nutsleuth: Ladyslop has always been a TW apologist. She's been conned IMO, and hopefully hasn't had too much influence over ignorant Ohio investigators.
------------------------------------------

dumb heifer. i protected a member while giving her a place she felt she was safe from attack to TALK. god you're thick. typical maytee follower. you clearly know nothing about interrogation or technique.

(07-26-2012, 04:24 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 04:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Didn't ANY of you see this coming?

some of us have been very worried about a lack of direct evidence. i'm not happy, but not shocked. casey anthony, THAT shocked me.

I was one of the few not shocked by the CA verdict. I'd called it for a couple of years. Having read nearly every page of discovery, I just didn't think they could pull it off. The FBI lab never found quite enough -- and made matters worse by contaminating things.

Asking for death and insisting those multiple chloroform computer searches had happened when it wasn't true --- that really did them in I think. Then there's the imaginary heart sticker and other phantoms that the state could not prove (not a shred of evidence supported that such a thing existed; no photo, no residue). They grandstanded with their tv star M.E flatly insisting it's murder despite no COD, refusing to budge. And it failed.

I think if they just came in and said, look, this girl is really messed up and if you just think about this, you'll conclude like every reasonable person that she had something to do with the death of this child. Not sure it was murder, but she was involved in the death and covered it up. THEN they would have had her at least on something. To me, they blew it because of hubris.

In THIS case, my only shock is that they went to trial with so little evidence. Making such a big deal about trying to go for death for both Feh. For what? The only thing they could convict them of was littering that butt. If these guys did it, I'm really sickened. If they didn't, I sure would like to know who did.

A dark day.
So, I take it the jury is still deliberating? I haven't heard otherwise and if I'm not mistaken, a fellow mocker said the jurors choose when to stop, correct? If so, I guess that's good they still are because that means they are putting thought into it, I hope.. I figured.they'd be done by now given the lack of evidence..
(07-26-2012, 08:28 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: nutsleuth: Ladyslop has always been a TW apologist. She's been conned IMO, and hopefully hasn't had too much influence over ignorant Ohio investigators.
------------------------------------------

dumb heifer. i protected a member while giving her a place she felt she was safe from attack to TALK. god you're thick. typical maytee follower. you clearly know nothing about interrogation or technique.

hah Serve that bullshit to someone else. TW hasn't conned me and neither will you.

TW hasn't "talked" here for months, and when she did, I suggested a bit of uhm, kindness toward her. I suggested people town down the "Mockery." It's all on the record, Twat

Got a good excuse for tormenting a victim of crime and insinuating that a grieving mother was involved in her son's murder? Trying to lure TW back, perchance? ... If so, I hope you shared your brilliant strategy with Maytee?
(07-26-2012, 08:45 PM)pplrcrazy Wrote: So, I take it the jury is still deliberating? I haven't heard otherwise and if I'm not mistaken, a fellow mocker said the jurors choose when to stop, correct? If so, I guess that's good they still are because that means they are putting thought into it, I hope.. I figured.they'd be done by now given the lack of evidence..

Hey, that's encouraging! Maybe there will be a ray of sunshine on this otherwise dark day....