Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-26-2012, 08:45 PM)pplrcrazy Wrote: So, I take it the jury is still deliberating? I haven't heard otherwise and if I'm not mistaken, a fellow mocker said the jurors choose when to stop, correct? If so, I guess that's good they still are because that means they are putting thought into it, I hope.. I figured.they'd be done by now given the lack of evidence..

When I have served on jury duty, they generally make you deliberate normal
court hours, leaving it up to the jury if they would like to deliberate later.
Im sure it varies from court house to court house or from judge to judge...
and of course any state law requirements that there might be...
Everyone did a great job on reporting from the court room. I'm sure everyday was emotional and scary.

LC,
If he has been found to be a cert. retarded for this case. Does that give him a certification for all other crimes?
(07-26-2012, 08:53 PM)lucimhome Wrote: Everyone did a great job on reporting from the court room. I'm sure everyday was emotional and scary.

LC,
If he has been found to be a cert. retarded for this case. Does that give him a certification for all other crimes?

Thats a great question...if so, he will feel 10 ft tall and bullet proof that
he would never have to face the death penalty...but after reading all over
the internet today from Johnny and Lisas friends and family...wow.
Good Luck living another year, Cameo. They are definitely pissed and
definitely want revenge.
point of information, i just talked to someone on the Sheriff dept. there. TW has NOT been arrested or charged with any theft.
if/when she is i will be informed.
but she has not.

Just got word that the jury is still out on the williams verdict
YourOtherLeft, JustMe, and Mustang, thank you all so much for your reports. You guys are FAR better than the 'professional' reporters.

Is the Williams jury still deliberating?
Had a phone call from my husband about 10 min. ago. He is in the same location as the Straub family and many relatives and supporters. The are still waiting for a phone call to come back. When they get the call I will probably to be the first to know, unless he decides to come home. He wanted me to join him, but I couldn't deal with it.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
.if so, he will feel 10 ft tall and bullet proof that
he would never have to face the death penalty...but after reading all over
the internet today from Johnny and Lisas friends and family...wow.
Good Luck living another year, Cameo. They are definitely pissed and
definitely want revenge.
[/quote]

Which is another question, if they do find him dead will the State or anyone be held responsible besides the person who does it.
They let a cert. retarded man walk into the line of fire. ( so to say).....
it appears the jury is taking their job seriously. i only hope they are not hung up, and if so get some rest and start fresh in morning.

Muck a muck a muck a Fuck!

The moment for me was not knowing if it was dismissed or aquitted.

That was messed up big time!

So now we may have an Appeal. The State could do that based on the Judges rulings to exclude evidence.
(07-26-2012, 09:10 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: it appears the jury is taking their job seriously. i only hope they are not hung up, and if so get some rest and start fresh in morning.

They should have tried these two as conspirators. Why the fuck not?
Is the Yingling character have a hit on em yet?
So, if this has been made clear already, I apologize, but I am still in the dark about what officially happened with cp. dismissed or acquitted? And what does it mean? I thought one of the news articles stated that he could not be tried again, but then I thought I saw it posted that if new evidence comes to light that he could be. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.
*does*
(07-26-2012, 09:19 PM)pfifltrigg Wrote: So, if this has been made clear already, I apologize, but I am still in the dark about what officially happened with cp. dismissed or acquitted? And what does it mean? I thought one of the news articles stated that he could not be tried again, but then I thought I saw it posted that if new evidence comes to light that he could be. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Acquitted! Cannot be tried again. The State can Appeal the Judges decision.

fasho foo
from toledonewsnow.com.....

Closing arguments came Thursday in Williams' trial. The jury deliberated until 9 p.m. Thursday evening and will return Friday morning. The jurors are being sequestered and are unaware that Pettaway was acquitted. Williams faces the death penalty if convicted.
(07-26-2012, 09:30 PM)Adub Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 09:19 PM)pfifltrigg Wrote: So, if this has been made clear already, I apologize, but I am still in the dark about what officially happened with cp. dismissed or acquitted? And what does it mean? I thought one of the news articles stated that he could not be tried again, but then I thought I saw it posted that if new evidence comes to light that he could be. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Acquitted! Cannot be tried again. The State can Appeal the Judges decision.

fasho foo

Anyone know the likelihood of appeal? Is that the kind of thing that is almost always done by default in this type if situation?
all of the local media have conflicting reports on what happened today. some say the case was dismissed and others say he was acquitted. which one is it????
LC...or anyone else that wants to answer...
What are the odds that the authorities just rolled the dice in a power play (since they had so little to go on
other than circumstantial evidence) and went ahead with what they had, thinking someone would roll over on someone
or other evidence would come about due to interrogations, search warrants, jailhouse snitches and phone calls,
dna testing etc...but they came up empty handed when it came to the actual case results? Perhaps too confident
that any of the above listed would lead to something more?
thanks Cotton!

Closing arguments came Thursday in Williams' trial. The jury deliberated until 9 p.m. Thursday evening and will return Friday morning. The jurors are being sequestered and are unaware that Pettaway was acquitted. Williams faces the death penalty if convicted.

i am beat! Good nightBed32