Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
So, let me get this straight ... Even if the appellate court found Bates had made an error with not allowing the jail house calls in, the final decision (acquittal) is not overturned?
(07-28-2012, 05:14 PM)shitstorm Wrote: So, let me get this straight ... Even if the appellate court found Bates had made an error with not allowing the jail house calls in, the final decision (acquittal) is not overturned?

Exactly. An aquittal is just that. Aquitted, not guilty. It took awhile for it to sink in with me. But, double jeopardy is what it is. An appeal would not change anything.

I'm not even going to pretend that I understand some of this. Did someone not do their job right? I "get" that the evidence wasn't there but why was one found guilty & the other wasn't? Was it simply the jail house phone call?

He'll never be able to live his life in the free manner that we do. There is honor among thieves & justice will be done. For a year & a half I've read about this crew & the code they live by. If he sees it coming he will be scared out of his mind.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-28-2012, 11:23 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: the prosecution may or may not appeal based on judicial errors of law. if they won an appeal, judge's ruling would be overturned. not likely here but possible (Appeals Ct. could agree with points raised by prosecution in appeal and still not order a retrial).

Still confused. IF the judge's ruling is (however, not likely as you said) overturned, can Cameo still be tried for the murders? Or is acquittal the "final" verdict no matter what anyone does?
Methusala....

Welcome to Toledo and Lucas County.
(07-28-2012, 05:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm not even going to pretend that I understand some of this. Did someone not do their job right? I "get" that the evidence wasn't there but why was one found guilty & the other wasn't? Was it simply the jail house phone call?

He'll never be able to live his life in the free manner that we do. There is honor among thieves & justice will be done. For a year & a half I've read about this crew & the code they live by. If he sees it coming he will be scared out of his mind.

They didn't have the "goods" on Cameo.

Using other inmates pin numbers, Sam called Cam to warn him "they swabbed my mouth for DNA" Sam was arrested Sept., 22nd 2012 this call was placed 25th Sept., 2012. Both monsters were housed separately big worry there for Sam! April 19th 2012 a big mistake IMO by Sam he calls Steven Pettaway Cam's brother. Just to add, another inmate could have snitched about him using the pin numbers.

Then Erik Yingling's testimony really nails it good! Sam F--d up!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Did you see Sam bang his head on the back wall of the elevator they put him in after the verdict? He knows he fucked up! Its on WTOL's page and on an earlier post here!
(07-28-2012, 06:11 PM)Pico45 Wrote: Did you see Sam bang his head on the back wall of the elevator they put him in after the verdict?

I saw it & it made me smirk and say heh heh.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Love it Duchess. I hope he is thinking this weekend, if you know what I mean!!!!
(07-28-2012, 05:55 PM)Teacher Wrote:
(07-28-2012, 11:23 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: the prosecution may or may not appeal based on judicial errors of law. if they won an appeal, judge's ruling would be overturned. not likely here but possible (Appeals Ct. could agree with points raised by prosecution in appeal and still not order a retrial).

Still confused. IF the judge's ruling is (however, not likely as you said) overturned, can Cameo still be tried for the murders? Or is acquittal the "final" verdict no matter what anyone does?

Ohio Rule 29 I believe that's it case closed. Just to add, retarded Cameo I said he was not retarded after having the ability to father 5 or more kids hah guess what! he was bloody smart enough to make no incriminating telephone calls from jail using other inmates pin numbers, also no snitch came forward on him.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Not sure if this was stated earlier, but does anyone know why those calls we're not allowed in by Bates? Or what other evidence was not allowed and why? I'm just curious. Also, I'm wondering if there is any kind of remorse that a person Bates' position would feel after hearing that a jury convicted the other man and that he is responsible for letting one go...correct call or not...
(07-28-2012, 07:40 PM)pfifltrigg Wrote: Not sure if this was stated earlier, but does anyone know why those calls we're not allowed in by Bates? Or what other evidence was not allowed and why? I'm just curious. Also, I'm wondering if there is any kind of remorse that a person Bates' position would feel after hearing that a jury convicted the other man and that he is responsible for letting one go...correct call or not...

i was splitting time between both trials so i wasn't there for the rulings. here is what i understand to have happened: yingling testimony not allowed because it's from his conversation with williams ABOUT pettaway, not with pettaway himself. hearsay. same with the phone call between williams and steve pettaway implicating cameo. may have been more that i'm not aware of. they also had a snitch in the pettaway trial but his story completely changed on the stand. obviously someone got to him.
(07-28-2012, 07:59 PM)Mustang Wrote:
(07-28-2012, 07:40 PM)pfifltrigg Wrote: Not sure if this was stated earlier, but does anyone know why those calls we're not allowed in by Bates? Or what other evidence was not allowed and why? I'm just curious. Also, I'm wondering if there is any kind of remorse that a person Bates' position would feel after hearing that a jury convicted the other man and that he is responsible for letting one go...correct call or not...

i was splitting time between both trials so i wasn't there for the rulings. here is what i understand to have happened: yingling testimony not allowed because it's from his conversation with williams ABOUT pettaway, not with pettaway himself. hearsay. same with the phone call between williams and steve pettaway implicating cameo. may have been more that i'm not aware of. they also had a snitch in the pettaway trial but his story completely changed on the stand. obviously someone got to him.

On Sept 25th 2011 Williams made a phone call too? upon re-reading that call
Sam says the following: "But I can tell you this, but don't tell anyone else. You hear me? Only tell Cam. Er,tell Cam but don't tell nobody else.
When they brought me down to Lucas County Jail, and they had me in that room, they had a search warrant for my DNA. So they swabbed my mouth. So I don't know, so maybe they're waiting to get the tests back. You know what I'm saying?" (emphasis added)

So who is Er ?
Henry David Thoreau
Mustang, Who is IC ? did they put Eric Taylor on the stand? did they put Amy TenEyck on the stand ? Do they have DNA from both of them?

Mustang are you going to Court Monday?

Mustang did you find your note book?hah

Mustang you have done a super fabulous job of reporting!
Henry David Thoreau
I always thought that Er was like saying "ummm" or "uhhh" when you
pause in a sentence. Upon re-reading it, Im wondering if Sam wasnt
about to say Eric, and decided against warning him too...just to warn
Cameo only.
Isnt that something. We need to look into this Eric guy.
What was his last name? He came up in the jailhouse snitch
story.
(07-28-2012, 01:11 AM)RedCloud Wrote: I do not understand why Eric Taylor, Alexandra Cousino and Amy Teneyck are still Not under Indictment.

Excellent question! if they have their DNA they are ruled out but, I don't know if they do.
Henry David Thoreau
(07-28-2012, 08:21 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: I always thought that Er was like saying "ummm" or "uhhh" when you
Cameo only.
story.

Well Erik Yingling testified about him on the stand. Eric Taylor.
Henry David Thoreau
Here's a bit of encouraging 'news' from the 'street' here in the south end of Toledo:

(We know how moronic these hoodrats are, SO....) Cameo is free; Sam got found guilty because of a snitch. NONE of the hoodrats read, they may have seen a TV report (and you can imagine "How" they watch TV news -after 2 seconds they start talking about it rather than keep watching)

1+1= 3 ! (or maybe 4 ) Cam snitched on Sam to save his ass.
(07-28-2012, 08:21 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: I always thought that Er was like saying "ummm" or "uhhh" when you
Cameo only.
story.

Eric Watson was interviewed in June 2011. Right around the time that Amy Teneyck was also interviewed (maybe May and June) and her home was searched. By the way, YGaiter is Teneyck's boyfriend now. He was interviewed and polygraphed, I think. And Sam was not brought into it until September 2011?

From reading here at Mock, I found reason to believe that Williams was on the radar as early as March 2011.
Oh, and the coverage here on Mock has been far, far superior than anything the Toledo "News Outlets" came out with in any of their coverage.

Mustang, OlderThanDirt, Everyone else, this has been THE Go-To site for information and intelligent and (for the internet) civil discourse. I have been on other forums where the 'street lingo' nearly defies accurate translation. And when Maytee shows up, of course it becomes utterly incomprehensible (except, y'know she seems really mad).