Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(07-30-2012, 07:58 PM)lucimhome Wrote: Victim statements are to Sam.
What he has done.

That Fucking Idiot don't care how they feel. It should be done in front of the jury before they make their recommendation.
upon hearing the news, a comment on WTOL 11 News

"Tape a bag on his head! its just that simple."
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(07-30-2012, 08:01 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Because ultimately, the judge decides his fate. His restrictions are what
the jury restricts him with when they reach a verdict regarding sentencing.
Usually, the judge will go along with the jury's reccomendations for
punishment, but there are times that the judge can say, hey jury, I
disagree with you and this is why I disagree and this is what Im going
to sentence this criminal to, instead of what you think I should do.
In this case, the jury, by NOT making a decision one way or the other,
has taken the death penalty off the table for the judge.
The jury is to make decisions based soley on the facts, and testimony.
Not on conjecture, emotion and any "facts" that would be put into a
victims impact statement.

Then why did his family get to speak on his behalf? I'm just saying that should be changed.
(07-30-2012, 07:58 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Justice for Johnny & Lisa
19 minutes ago via mobile
Please im begging pleading all my friends to write judge dean mandros @ 700 adams st toledo ohio 43604 asking him to please give samuel williams the harshest sentence for the henious crimes of torture he committed against johnny clarke and lisa straub all letters have to be typed and in by aug 5 please help us we are devastated ;,( thank you

LC do you think writing a letter will make a difference?
[/quote]

That Fucking Idiot don't care how they feel. It should be done in front of the jury before they make their recommendation.
[/quote]

I totally agree with you. I would be surprise if he will say anything. He's killa Sam. All he cares about is his posse.
More retarded net sleuth or Cameo?

Also please write to Judge Mandros to just say hi!
"I’m not going to cry over it. I already did that on the way home." - Michael Scott
I have to wonder if the *acquittal* of Pettaway has something to do with the deadlock? I know the jurors were supposed to not know about it, but come on.... We know that's easier said than done.
(07-30-2012, 08:21 PM)fabulous Wrote: I have to wonder if the *acquittal* of Pettaway has something to do with the deadlock? I know the jurors were supposed to not know about it, but come on.... We know that's easier said than done.

Could also be the other two sets of DNA on the tape, and this guy's dna not on the tape....
(07-30-2012, 08:46 PM)soothsayer Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 08:21 PM)fabulous Wrote: I have to wonder if the *acquittal* of Pettaway has something to do with the deadlock? I know the jurors were supposed to not know about it, but come on.... We know that's easier said than done.

Could also be the other two sets of DNA on the tape, and this guy's dna not on the tape....

Well yea... I'm actually really surprised they had a guilty verdict without his DNA anywhere on the bodies...in the house!!
(07-30-2012, 08:09 PM)SayWhat123 Wrote: LC do you think writing a letter will make a difference?

no. i have no doubt the judge already knows what he's going to do.
he'll say he took them into consideration.

(07-30-2012, 09:02 PM)fabulous Wrote: Well yea... I'm actually really surprised they had a guilty verdict without his DNA anywhere on the bodies...in the house!!

You and me both!
(07-30-2012, 08:07 PM)SayWhat123 Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 08:01 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Because ultimately, the judge decides his fate. His restrictions are what
the jury restricts him with when they reach a verdict regarding sentencing.
Usually, the judge will go along with the jury's reccomendations for
punishment, but there are times that the judge can say, hey jury, I
disagree with you and this is why I disagree and this is what Im going
to sentence this criminal to, instead of what you think I should do.
In this case, the jury, by NOT making a decision one way or the other,
has taken the death penalty off the table for the judge.
The jury is to make decisions based soley on the facts, and testimony.
Not on conjecture, emotion and any "facts" that would be put into a
victims impact statement.

Then why did his family get to speak on his behalf? I'm just saying that should be changed.
Because they were trying to prove that his life was worth saving from
death row...that there is enough good in him that he can still be of some benefit to society from prison.
It couldve been teachers, joe schmoe from down the street ...anyone
that would want to do so, that was a part of his life.
I dont know how else to explain it. I hope that helped.

Took the words right out of my mouth fabulous. Since the guilty verdicts on Friday virtually every local news break during commercials has mentioned the verdict, followed by, "co-defendant being acquitted by the judge" (Details at 11!). Even if jurors refrained from watching or reading the news or discussing the case with anyone, as instructed, it would have been nearly impossible to miss Pettaway's acquittal if you were watching any local program any time between Friday morning and Monday morning. I don't think it's a stretch to think that at least one juror heard this and assumed, because they were accused of the same crime, that the cases and evidence presented had been identical. Then they may feel as though they must have given the wrong verdict if the all-knowing judge, with his vastly superior knowledge of the law didn't even let the case get to the jury. They then must have decided that they couldn't compound the mistake by being part of the sentencing. I can't think of any other scenario where someone who voted 5 guilty verdicts 72 hours earlier would now not to be able to agree on ANY of the 4 sentencing options that could have been recommended. And was so adamant that the first note saying "deadlock" was sent to the judge after only 50 minutes.

As to the Victim Impact Statements, they are actually statements to the judge, not the defendant, to allow the judge to consider the impact in imposing a sentence. In the mitigation hearing, the jury only hears testimony from the defense side, and must weigh those mitigating factors, in any way they wish individually, against the death specification of which they found the defendant guilty. It's basically a last ditch appeal from the defense to the jury to override their previous decision by taking mitigating factors into account.

Finally, Maytee was the first to mention the safe, in her first statements to police. It was brought to Verbosky's attention when the police asked him, based on Maytee's statement, if he was aware of the safe.
MUSTANG: Finally, Maytee was the first to mention the safe, in her first statements to police. It was brought to Verbosky's attention when the police asked him, based on Maytee's statement, if he was aware of the safe.

EXACTLY!

NO DEATH PENALTY! Jury failed to recommend anything, so he will NOT face death penalty.
That just sucks !
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2012/0...trial.html

Link to Toledo Blah story
(07-30-2012, 09:32 PM)timeout Wrote: NO DEATH PENALTY! Jury failed to recommend anything, so he will NOT face death penalty.

oh wow really?
Karen Bland · Works at Self employed accountant
Off topic - Attn: M**kers please say hello MikeyA, aka Ladyflop. Tell her that anyone who doesn't realize MikeyA is one of her many sock puppets is retarded. Sorry I couldn't respond on the sh*thole of a discussion board (that continues to try and pit the families of the victims against one another) but I've been banned.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 27 minutes ago

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2012/0...trial.html
-------------------------------------

stupid cow!! hahahaha i have no alts/'puppets'. unlike you, i don't need them. i've been lady cop online for 10 years.
and you're not banned. just a virgin again. fucking moron.
you have always been an idiot netsleuth.
how's that lobotomy working out for you?

karen bland AKA netsleuth...licking criminal ass since 2011

[Image: graphics-cows-690888.gif]

I totally called that shit. I knew that was her!!