Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-06-2013, 05:03 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: However . . . isn't "Big John" a convicted felon?

I've always been under the impression that he is so something left me with that. We have his rap sheet as well as Maytee's & Johnny's so I'll take a look at his and see what I can find.

Someone else reading this may already know without looking, if you do, post it up.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-06-2013, 08:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 05:03 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: However . . . isn't "Big John" a convicted felon?

I've always been under the impression that he is so something left me with that. We have his rap sheet as well as Maytee's & Johnny's so I'll take a look at his and see what I can find.

Someone else reading this may already know without looking, if you do, post it up.

John's record was brought up in the Pettaway trial after Tiffany testified that John had a gun when she and Zach drove him to the Straubs. John disputed that in his testimony, but said he said he carried a knife that he ditched (and was later found) in a snowpile outside the Straub home. His explanation for hiding it was because he didn't want to get caught with it when police arrived, due to his felony record. He also said his reason for having the knife was because he didn't trust Tiffany and Zach.
(03-06-2013, 03:07 PM)Mustang Wrote: John's record was brought up in the Pettaway trial after Tiffany testified that John had a gun when she and Zach drove him to the Straubs. John disputed that in his testimony, but said he said he carried a knife that he ditched (and was later found) in a snowpile outside the Straub home. His explanation for hiding it was because he didn't want to get caught with it when police arrived, due to his felony record. He also said his reason for having the knife was because he didn't trust Tiffany and Zach.

Thanks Mustang! Interesting that he brought a knife because he didn't trust those two kids who drove him to the scene.

Maybe he brought weapons because he knew his kid was in danger prior to arriving? I think there is more to this story than just assumptions made by the Clarkes; I think they knew something was wrong.
(03-06-2013, 03:07 PM)Mustang Wrote: due to his felony record.

Thank you, Mustang.

Hmmmm.

"Big John" must have overcome both Ohio's and the Fed's disqualifications to possess a firearm.

Yeah . . . satisfied all the DQs . . . that's the ticket.

Good for you "Big John" . . . Mr. Law Abiding Buckeye!
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2013/0...riend.html
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]

Thanks, OTD!

An Oregon man acquitted last year in the deaths of a Springfield Township couple pleaded no contest and was found guilty today of felonious assault for an unrelated incident.

Cameo Pettaway, 23, of 922 Mambrino St., beat up his girlfriend, Sarah Rupert, Oct. 14 at his home.

Lucas County Common Pleas Judge Stacy Cook scheduled sentencing for April 22.

I'm interested in knowing what kind of time one gets for that. Do any of you know?
based on 5 minutes of google research and nothing more, it looks like felonious assault is an F2 charge and punishable with up to 8 years, depending on prior charges and circumstantial factors.
Ohio sentencing guidelines provide the possible sentencing range for a defendant. Assault crimes fall under misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the severity of the offense. Ohio classifies felonious assaults as the most severe of these crimes, a second-degree felony.

Definition

Felonious assault covers several specifics including causing serious harm to an individual, including an unborn child, and use of a deadly weapon to harm or attempt to harm someone.

Comparisons

Simple assault, a misdemeanor, includes knowingly or recklessly harming someone or their unborn child. Negligent assault, also a misdemeanor, results from harm to a person because of the defendant's neglect to act. Aggravated assault, a felony, follows the same guidelines as felonious assault, except that the act is committed in rage or passion.

Penalty-

Classified as a second-degree felony, felonious assault carries a variety of possible penalties, ranging from two to eight years in prison and a $15,000 fine.

^from ehow.com
(03-12-2013, 01:13 PM)pfifltrigg Wrote: based on 5 minutes of google research and nothing more, it looks like felonious assault is an F2 charge and punishable with up to 8 years, depending on prior charges and circumstantial factors.

I heard Cracker in the back of my mind when I asked that so I went looking for the answer and what you just posted is what I found with the addition of a $20,000.00 fine. I wondered how you'd get something like that from someone who doesn't have a pot to pee in.
Yea, it looks like 2 - 8yrs. Depending.

pettaway only has one prior conviction for assault. It was amended to a misdemeanor. It was the bar room brawl.

CRA-10-19913-0101

PETTAWAY, CAMEO

05/05/1989

ASSAULT KNOWINGLY ATTEMPT OR CAUSE PHYSICAL HARM TO ANOTHER OR ANOTHER'S UNBORN amended from FELONIOUS ASSAULT WEAPON OR ORDNANCE

GUILTY

01/04/2011
And these are all the times he was arrested and charges dismissed The_Villagers

CRB-11-06878-0102
PETAWAY, CAMEO
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE KNOWINGLY CAUSE OR ATTEMPT TO CAUSE PHYSICAL HARM TO FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD MEMBER
DISMISSED
09/20/2011

CRB-11-06878-0202
PETAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
ASSAULT NO PERSON SHALL KNOWINGLY CAUSE OR ATTEMPT TO CAUSE PHYSICAL HARM TO ANOTHER
DISMISSED
09/20/2011

CRB-11-10034-0103
PETTAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE KNOWINGLY CAUSE OR ATTEMPT TO CAUSE PHYSICAL HARM TO FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD MEMBER
DISMISSED
09/20/2011

CRB-11-10034-0203
PETTAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
ASSAULT NO PERSON SHALL KNOWINGLY CAUSE OR ATTEMPT TO CAUSE PHYSICAL HARM TO ANOTHER
DISMISSED
09/20/2011

CRB-11-10034-0303
PETTAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
DISMISSED
09/20/2011

CRB-11-13430-0102
PETTAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
DISMISSED
11/09/2011

CRB-11-13430-0202
PETTAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
DISMISSED
11/09/2011

CRB-09-18043-0101
PETTAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
DISMISSED
04/20/2010

CRB-08-04008-0101
PETTAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
ASSAULT;NO PERSON SHALL KNOWINGLY CAUSE OR ATTEMPT TO CAUSE PHYSICAL HARM TO ANOTHER
DISMISSED
10/28/2008

CRB-07-28112-0102
PETTAWAY, CAMEO
05/05/1989
DOMESTIC VIOL;CAUSE FAMILY MEMBER TO BELIEVE OFFENDER WILL CAUSE IMMINENT PHYSICAL HARM
DISMISSED
08/26/2008

*gasp* That's a lot of times! Are they waiting for him to kill someone.

I thought of deleting that one part after I proofread it and decided not to.

Keep letting that thug roam your streets, Ohio. No wonder parts of it are a shit hole.
(03-12-2013, 01:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:

*gasp* That's a lot of times! Are they waiting for him to kill someone.

I thought of deleting that one part after I proofread it and decided not to.

Keep letting that thug roam your streets, Ohio. No wonder parts of it are a shit hole.

More like the bitches keep refusing to testify. Pettaway is pussy. Keeps hiding behind his woman of the moment. Didn't work this time.
I don't think they always tack on that $20k fine. I believe it's decided case to case, partially based on the person's ability to pay...and i also think they will sometimes set the fine at a number the person is more likely to be able to pay.

However that's just off the top of my head. Im not an attorney.

For real tho, and as politically incorrect as this is, i can't imagine getting away with that much shit and im a white female with a LEO parent.
Cameo Pettaway on Facebook just became friends with The Palms Bar & Grill and friends with Starla Williams interestingly enough it's only 3 miles from the Palms to the Bedford Inn, Michigan.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Justice for Johnny Clarke and Lisa Straub
Wow toledo blade is so quick to post everything that happens with this vile rat CP and always putting johnny and lisa name in it but why arent they posting how his brother SP is facing burglary charges in judge bates courtroom from sarah rupert the same female that CP just pled to felonious assault on? Hmmmm one beats her to pulp she bonds him out and the other burglarizes her home Smiley_emoticons_smile wow feel free to google its public record
Like · · Share · 30 minutes ago via mobile
4 people like this.

B A ... you'll have to message me the names....I haven't seen anything
26 minutes ago via mobile · Like

B A .... I know who CP is but not sp
25 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Justice for Johnny Clarke and Lisa Straub SP is his brother they brought him back from orient prison bc the same female that CP beat up and raped is the same female that SP burglarized her home
23 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1
PARTY : D1 - PETTAWAY STEPHEN C
3/11/2013 2 Title : HRGSmiley_emoticons_razzRETRIAL SET
3/19/13 AT 9:00 A.M.
PARTY : D1 - PETTAWAY STEPHEN C
Justice for Johnny Clarke and Lisa Straub
16 minutes ago via mobile
Wow i see you snakes on here are quick to copy and paste to the mocktards REAL NEWS on SP being exposed Smiley_emoticons_smile im trully surprised as nosey and quick witted they all think they are they didnt know the REAL NEWS about the gang of vile rats already....hmmm
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Interesting enough Nightowl, this is also where Starla is working.... hmmm..